2 Adults, no kids - Early vs Late Dinner seating?

We (2 adults, no kids) tried 2nd seating on our first cruise and it just wasn't for us. The meal took so long that we were not out of there until after 10:30. Then we were so full and tired, we had to walk laps outside to stay awake so we wouldn't go to bed after eating so much. For our cruise coming up in March we selected 1st seating this time and we'll see how that is. I'm an early riser (and in bed by 10:30) so that probably has a lot to do with it.[/QUOTE
We are two seniors and prefer early. Its just too late to finish dinner at 10:30PM.
Sometimes if we are not that hungry early we just order from the lighter menu..

We requested main dining for we two adults because it is about the time we usually eat at home. On a night we did not want to rush back to the ship, we skipped the dining room and got something to eat elsewhere.

We requested main dining for we two adults because it is about the time we usually eat at home. On a night we did not want to rush back to the ship, we skipped the dining room and got something to eat elsewhere.

At least once on the cruise we either eat up on deck or get room service and watch a movie. Sometimes the dinner routine (no matter what time your dining) gets "tiring".

i've only done late seating (and traveled with only adults). The only downside is if there is a pirate buffet later on one of the nights (you're still too full). The late seating may be easier for the shows and any events that happen in between the 2 seatings...plus, it makes it easier (at least for us) when spacing out the rest of the meals during the day!

we're always done late seating, but on my last DCL cruise i took my elderly mom and sister who wanted early dining...
i was worried it would be screaming kids etc..
as it turned out, early dining was fine...no different from late dining..
but we found the later theater show to be much quieter and with far fewer kids than we'd experienced in the early theater shows!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter