2 & 4 yo olds @ waterparks or DQ???

SYDNCLAIRESMOM

curiouser and curiouser
Is there anything for toddlers to do at the water parks or disneyquest? Were going to WDW in Sept and am on the verge of buying tix but dont know if I'll need pluses for my kids. What kinds of things can toddlers do with the plus options and is it worth it? Thanks!!!

DQ really doesn't have anything for toddlers. Video games, interactice rides, etc . In a few years though----it will probably be one of their favorites.

Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon both have special kids areas - my dd (4 1/2) prefered the BB one, but for a 2 year old it could go either way.

At BB they have mini versions of proper slides, so they can do a real tube ride, actually there are a couple of slides (3 I think), there is also a nice shallow pool area, also no sand, which for me is a bonus, as the sand seems to get everywhere!
At the very top of this area is a really small play area for the tiniest babys, so everyone would be accomodated for in some way. We also say Goofy in the kids area which was fun!

at Typhoon Lagoon, the kids area has a shallow stream they can paddle in, and quite a few things with water that can be squirted, my dd really didn't like that since it kept getting her face wet, and she doesn't like that, so we didn't spend as long here.

We have never taken dd to Disney Quest, I think she's a few years away from appreciating it.

Bev

I've never been to the waterparks, can't help you there. But we took dd 2 1/2 and ds 6 (then) to DQ and there was nothing for dd to do. I would definitely not waste your money or time there. We will go back this year, dd is 4 1/2 and there is still little she can do, so we will go shopping when we get bored. I think they need to be 6 and like video games to really appreciate DQ. Hope this helps.

When my kids were younger they loved the TL kiddie area. To prove the saying "to each his own", we were the total opposite of the post above. We loved the sand and my kids played in it for hours. The kids meals at the park are in a pail with a shovel. BB was too much concrete for us. Just depends on what you like. I do not think DQ would have anything for that age. Have fun

Another vote for the water parks. If your children like water they will like the parks. My favorite is TL (more shade, not as much hot pavement). We will be doing both this trip with DGS (19 months). We won't be staying from open to close like we did with teenagers but I have been taking his mother to water parks since Rivercountry opened and she and her sister always had fun.

There isn't much at DQ as others have said and at that age my girls were just as happy (if not more so) at the resort pool than at the water parks.

If you and dh or older kids want a water park then you will find plenty to keep the kids happy I am just not sure if its enough to justify the price of the plus options.

We always get the park hoppers or ap's without the plus options, then if we decide to do a water park we pay that separately.

Have fun
TJ

Thanks for all the advise!! I think your right, TJ, the pool will have the same affect as the waterparks and I know my DH and I certainly wont miss them.

May get a few plusses for ouselves though, as the inlaws are going with us (babysitters!!) so we could sneak out to PI once or twice. Cant wait!! thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter