***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

Yay!
I need help with my AK day.

So we're going to EMH on Saturday at 8am, and have a Tusker House ADR at 9:30am. Problem is, we have a Safari FP+ at 9:05. I'm not sure if we should keep the 9:05 FP or go to the Safari at rope drop. Problem is, I don't want to be crisscrossing all over the park, so if we do the Safari at 8am, I'm not sure what else we could do after that and before our 9:30 ADR, besides ITTBAB.
Help! LOL
Show up right at 9, they let you in 5 min early and you have a grace period at th. Should be fine

Could you do the Wildlife train to the petting area and conservation station area? If that is enough time. . .? Otherwise going on one of the trails to find some animals? Looking at the Tree of Life? Photos?
Good luck!

I don't think the Wildlife train runs during EMH :( I'll double check though!

Show up right at 9, they let you in 5 min early and you have a grace period at th. Should be fine
Oh, that's good to know! Thank you!!

Magicbands are done! Just need to do a coat or two of clear polish over the little decals.

upload_2016-11-27_23-11-29.png

And I just realized, rather late in the day, haha, that today is single digits for me!!! :banana::banana::banana::cool1::cool1::cool1::jumping1:

I got my suitcase out of storage today, while I was getting my Christmas decorations out. Will slowly start filling it up over the course of the week. I'm getting so excited! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Is anyone else having trouble with their MDE account tonight? I've been trying to purchase a Memory Maker for the last couple hours for my share (still room if anyone wants to join!) and it won't let the purchase go through. I chatted with a CM earlier who said their site is experiencing difficulties and to try back in an hour, I did and it's still not working! and the online chat is down for the night too since it's after 11EST. I'm going to be in the parks starting Thursday morning so I really need to get it purchased to get the advanced price! I know I shouldn't have waited until the last minute, but I was hoping more people would join the share.

We will be in WDW one week from today. :cool1: We are really looking forward to this trip. Unfortunately, both of us have a full week of work ahead of us. :faint:

me too!! Although I'm logging off at noon on Friday to go to the airport!

There is lot of new stuff at Epcot this trip. I read that they have a passbook at the entrances of Epcot that list all of the food booths and special shows. My husband wants to get the special peppermint ice cream dessert, so we need to be on the lookout for that. Epcot was crowded when we were there in Dec 2013, so I'm expected it to be crowded this year, too.

I just saw a post of the Passbook - I'm going to be printing it out before we go. Did everyone see it? @yulilin3 provided it on the Holidays around the World post: http://www.disboards.com/threads/ep...d-and-entertainment-passport-post-63.3560852/

Making progress on the vacation front.
Thursday I went to JC Penney and bought another suitcase. It was a great deal at only $40! I also got a really cute Minnie Mouse winter hat, which I might need at nighttime in the parks.
I also found a Star Wars shirt at Kohls, and finished my Mickey Mouse wreath.
I also decided on Biergarten for our CP lunch (instead of GG.) I know DH is really into shows and even though the food doesn't appeal to me, I know he'll love the theming. Luckily I was able to find a 12:00 for the 5pm CP show.
Now I've also decided to try to surprise DH and get a Coral Reef lunch for our last day. Right now we have a Le Cellier lunch, but he has been obsessed with going to Coral Reef. I didn't want to go because of the so-so reviews, but I know he'll be thrilled. Now I just have to stalk and find an ADR. LOL

Other than that, I'm cleaning up my Touring Plans (still undecided on our AK day), but have MK, and US/IOA done.

You are so nice to your DH!

I'm usually a last min packer, but I packed most of our suitcases last night. We leave for the airport Weds afternoon, but I'm working 10am-9pm Mon and Tues. I also have a tooth hurting and my dentist was closed for the holiday weekend so I need to squeeze that in somewhere before we go. I got worried I might not have much time to pack so I figured I should get to it. Since we are only going Weds-Sun I decided to try to fit it all in 2 carry-ons for 2 adults and 2 kids. It's tight, but I did it.

I am the ultimate last minute packer and will be a crazy person on Thursday night since I have to work on Friday morning and be getting in my car at noon.

this thread is majorly slowing down as people are off lol. It's been a very busy thanksgiving weekend for me. Then I have a ton to get done at work and at on of packing. Still making some last minute tweaks to my plans believe it or not but it is feeling as solid as it can be now.

No more tweaking! But seriously, I still don't have a plan for MVMCP and I think I left my Epcot WS plan unfinished.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving (for those in the U.S.). Mine was very nice, tiring, but nice. Then, did some shopping on Friday and found some new tops for me and dress/work shirts for DH. Early on Saturday, my sister and her boyfriend left. Then my other sister and I went to three local shops for the "shop small" day and I got some frivolous things and baby shower gifts for cousins that are expecting. yesterday, I thought about all of the laundry and packing that I should be doing, but just lazed around watching Netflix.

Kimera (@Talby),

THANK YOU so much for the awesome ornament!! I love it!! It's hanging on a cabinet knob until I get my tree up a few days before Christmas! Now, I have a 2016 ornament to commemorate my trip and the awesome people that I have gotten to know on the Disboards!

dis-2016.jpg

Is anyone else having trouble with their MDE account tonight? I've been trying to purchase a Memory Maker for the last couple hours for my share (still room if anyone wants to join!) and it won't let the purchase go through. I chatted with a CM earlier who said their site is experiencing difficulties and to try back in an hour, I did and it's still not working! and the online chat is down for the night too since it's after 11EST. I'm going to be in the parks starting Thursday morning so I really need to get it purchased to get the advanced price! I know I shouldn't have waited until the last minute, but I was hoping more people would join the share.
I hope that they will honor the lower price. It would be a pain to have to call to order Memory Maker. :(

I couldn't activate two of the MagicBands that we want to take on our trip. I hope the website gets fixed soon.

@JamieOak said the whole MB system was down last night and I saw others reporting that. no room charges, people couldn't get into rooms. eesh.

@JamieOak said the whole MB system was down last night and I saw others reporting that. no room charges, people couldn't get into rooms. eesh.
oh geez, that sounds like a giant headache. It's still not working for me this morning, I hope at least the magic bands are working for people in the parks!

@Maryemcd YAY! :santa: So happy it arrived safely!! Again, Merry Christmas and Merry Magical Disney Vacation to you and your family!! :santa:

I could not have asked for a BETTER group to plan our vacation with! The list of things I learned here is longer than our snack list, so you know that's A LOT! ;) So many wonderful people and so many laughs a long the way. I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent here with you guys!! :thanks:

pixiedust: Hoping those who are at Disney now are having the time of their lives!! :yay:

:rainbow:Wishing everyone the most wonderful, special, fun and magical vacations!! May you enjoy every single moment. Make lots of memories and take lots of pictures!! :rainbow:

@Maryemcd YAY! :santa: So happy it arrived safely!! Again, Merry Christmas and Merry Magical Disney Vacation to you and your family!! :santa:

I could not have asked for a BETTER group to plan our vacation with! The list of things I learned here is longer than our snack list, so you know that's A LOT! ;) So many wonderful people and so many laughs a long the way. I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent here with you guys!! :thanks:

pixiedust: Hoping those who are at Disney now are having the time of their lives!! :yay:

:rainbow:Wishing everyone the most wonderful, special, fun and magical vacations!! May you enjoy every single moment. Make lots of memories and take lots of pictures!! :rainbow:
Hope you have a Magical trip @Talby :D 4 more sleeps for you!

Magicbands are done! Just need to do a coat or two of clear polish over the little decals.

View attachment 207914

And I just realized, rather late in the day, haha, that today is single digits for me!!! :banana::banana::banana::cool1::cool1::cool1::jumping1:

I got my suitcase out of storage today, while I was getting my Christmas decorations out. Will slowly start filling it up over the course of the week. I'm getting so excited! :hyper::hyper::hyper:
Awesome MBs!!! Absolutely jealous! I won't get mine until I get there so I didn't even try buying decals. :P

Had to fly to California a couple of weeks ago to help my daughter with an emergency and have been out of touch. For a little bit thought I might have to even cancel my trip, but it worked out in the end. Have managed to stalk this thread though:)

I have two ADR's I'm going to cancel that I'm pretty sure someone on this thread might be interested in like @PlutosUnDr8d

12/6 BOG for 4:15 and 6:20.

PM me if you're interested. I'll hold off posting them on the cancelled ADR thread.

Now that I just got back home I have 5 days to Clean my house and prepare it for company that will arrive before I get back (to celebrate my mother's 90th birthday), visit my mom as much as possible, prepare for the hearing on 12/13 to determine conservatorship for my mother, pack and decorate for christmas. Never mind starting my Christmas shopping. I keep reminding myself life is good and these are (mostly) good problems to have!

I thought I was done shopping but of course DH waits until last minute to look through his clothes to see what else he wants. We spend all day yesterday at the outlets getting him all geared up. We got some good deals- bogo lucky jeans was the best deal I thought. But then of course when were home cutting tags off and looking over the receipts I notice a few issues- the jeans rang up $129 but the tag said $86, one shirt from eddie bauer was on the receipt but didn't make it to the bag. And at gap they didn't take my coupon. Ugh frustrating. I was able to call them all this morning and get the credits over the phone so that was good because I really don't have time to go back there this week.

My spare bedroom is a wreck right now with all the clothes lined up waiting to go in the suitcases. I had it all nice and neat but then DH worked a 32 hour shift and when he does that he sleeps in there so I don't have to listen to the snoring. The baby has the most stuff I swear I packed almost every pair of shorts he owns, just in case it's warmer when we get there. The weather has changed a few times and this week looks amazing in the 80s. It's saying mid 70s for my week- fingers crossed it gets warmer. I would love for him to get to use the pools.

DH has this week off from work so he can finish up the outside Christmas decorations putting them on timers. I've always made fun of people with those inflatables on their lawn, but now I LOVE them. We have a giant 10 foot snow family, and several penguins doing funny things. Oh and I found out that his mother is staying at our house while we are away to watch the dog. Ugh I really was not expecting that. I just thought she'd come over a few times a day to let him out. But she took the wrong week off work (took this week not next) so now it's easier for her to stay. I'm one of those people who don't like sleepover guests. Ever since owning my own home and paying my own bills and cleaning an entire house I can't stand people in my things. I can't make waves I guess since she is doing us a favor so we don't have the expense of boarding him (he's 170 pounds and only a few places will take him- although he is a giant marshmallow).

I know the board has been pretty quiet the last week or so with everyone busy getting ready to go. I wanted to thank everyone for all the great tips shared to help make each others vacation awesome. I'm sure we will cross paths in the parks and not even realize it. I am looking forward to the whole trip but mostly the snacks during the dessert parties, MVMCP, and holidays around the world.

Just a few more loads of laundry at the end of the week. Saturday will be busy with hair and nails, the church Christmas Bazaar (hoping to win something at the raffle) and then we're going to get our tree. Probably grab dinner with my parents and then early to bed. Our flight leaves at 5:15am Sunday. That should be interesting.

I thought I was done shopping but of course DH waits until last minute to look through his clothes to see what else he wants. We spend all day yesterday at the outlets getting him all geared up. We got some good deals- bogo lucky jeans was the best deal I thought. But then of course when were home cutting tags off and looking over the receipts I notice a few issues- the jeans rang up $129 but the tag said $86, one shirt from eddie bauer was on the receipt but didn't make it to the bag. And at gap they didn't take my coupon. Ugh frustrating. I was able to call them all this morning and get the credits over the phone so that was good because I really don't have time to go back there this week.

My spare bedroom is a wreck right now with all the clothes lined up waiting to go in the suitcases. I had it all nice and neat but then DH worked a 32 hour shift and when he does that he sleeps in there so I don't have to listen to the snoring. The baby has the most stuff I swear I packed almost every pair of shorts he owns, just in case it's warmer when we get there. The weather has changed a few times and this week looks amazing in the 80s. It's saying mid 70s for my week- fingers crossed it gets warmer. I would love for him to get to use the pools.

DH has this week off from work so he can finish up the outside Christmas decorations putting them on timers. I've always made fun of people with those inflatables on their lawn, but now I LOVE them. We have a giant 10 foot snow family, and several penguins doing funny things. Oh and I found out that his mother is staying at our house while we are away to watch the dog. Ugh I really was not expecting that. I just thought she'd come over a few times a day to let him out. But she took the wrong week off work (took this week not next) so now it's easier for her to stay. I'm one of those people who don't like sleepover guests. Ever since owning my own home and paying my own bills and cleaning an entire house I can't stand people in my things. I can't make waves I guess since she is doing us a favor so we don't have the expense of boarding him (he's 170 pounds and only a few places will take him- although he is a giant marshmallow).

I know the board has been pretty quiet the last week or so with everyone busy getting ready to go. I wanted to thank everyone for all the great tips shared to help make each others vacation awesome. I'm sure we will cross paths in the parks and not even realize it. I am looking forward to the whole trip but mostly the snacks during the dessert parties, MVMCP, and holidays around the world.

Just a few more loads of laundry at the end of the week. Saturday will be busy with hair and nails, the church Christmas Bazaar (hoping to win something at the raffle) and then we're going to get our tree. Probably grab dinner with my parents and then early to bed. Our flight leaves at 5:15am Sunday. That should be interesting.
Yay, 4 more sleeps!!!!:yay:
Lol-- @CaleCakes , what kind of marshmallow, I mean dog, do you have?
Ours is a Great Dane, and she is a big baby!:dog2:
Of course, my sister is throwing off my plans for 12/3, but still attending JBJB and excited to meet everyone!
I hope everyone has or is having a MAGICAL trip!pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter