***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

It's official, we are both sick with colds. :sad: We just have to power through it! I wish I didn't have so much to do at work. I would totally leave.
take zinc. sounds kooky but bf swears by it, as soon as he feels a cold coming on - it doesn't prevent but it shortens duration and severity. or seems to :) he feels like he is getting a doozy and takes zinc and it turns into a nothingburger

take zinc. sounds kooky but bf swears by it, as soon as he feels a cold coming on - it doesn't prevent but it shortens duration and severity. or seems to :) he feels like he is getting a doozy and takes zinc and it turns into a nothingburger

I have some ColdEze at home, but of course forgot to bring it into work. I agree that zinc does seem to help! Good advice.

I'm a big proponent of zinc, too. It has been known to keep me healthy even when everyone else around me is hacking and sneezing like crazy. Sometimes it doesn't work, but very often a I can cut a cold off at the first sign if a sore throat.

I'm a big proponent of zinc, too. It has been known to keep me healthy even when everyone else around me is hacking and sneezing like crazy. Sometimes it doesn't work, but very often a I can cut a cold off at the first sign if a sore throat.

Do you guys take zinc drops or is there another option like a pill supplement? I might run out today at lunchtime to grab something for myself. I called DH and told him to start taking the zinc drops at home.

Do you guys take zinc drops or is there another option like a pill supplement? I might run out today at lunchtime to grab something for myself. I called DH and told him to start taking the zinc drops at home.
I like the zinc that comes in an orange - flavored tablet. I get the Walmart brand, you find it in the cold medicine aisle. You let the tablet dissolve in your mouth and you aren't supposed to chew it. No eating or drinking for 15 minutes after and not citrus for 30 minutes. Don't take it on an empty stomach though.

he takes a pill supplement but it is probably the same essentially as what @Iowamomof4. I don't think the drops are high enough dose. edited to add, better than nothing but switch him to a regular supplement when you get home.

I like the zinc that comes in an orange - flavored tablet. I get the Walmart brand, you find it in the cold medicine aisle. You let the tablet dissolve in your mouth and you aren't supposed to chew it. No eating or drinking for 15 minutes after and not citrus for 30 minutes. Don't take it on an empty stomach though.

he takes a pill supplement but it is probably the same essentially as what @Iowamomof4. I don't think the drops are high enough dose. edited to add, better than nothing but switch him to a regular supplement when you get home.

I normally took the drops, but they really don't taste good and it's kind of torture to have to keep eating them and have the taste in your mouth for a long time. I'll have to investigate the other options!

I'm here! I'm here!:)
I've been checking in and lurking from time to time. Trying to stay focused on work right now and finish the year strong. I'm taking A LOT of vacation time in December so I really won't be there for most of the month. As for the camera debacle, I think I'm going to go with a GoPro Session5 Black. We have a decent camcorder that we can shoot regular video with so we'll use that for non-ride shots. I'm really interested in getting video on the rides, specifically on "The Mountains"

I've been watching so many awesome Disney vacation videos on The Dis and YouTube lately (this is probably why I've been absent from this thread for so long) that I really want to make one of my own. I think I've got most of the music/audio picked out but of course that could change.

I hear you on the work/vacation time thing. ::yes:: Sounds like you're making a great choice--it'll be awesome to have ride video! Thanks for indulging my curiosity. :) And mostly thanks (haha--"mostly" because I can see it being a time suck! lol) for mentioning Disney vacation videos on Dis/YouTube. I'm going to check some out for inspiration as I really want to make one too. Pictures and/or videos make some of the best souvenirs ever, I think. Such treasures! :)

I really hope the zinc does the trick for you and your DH @JamieOak! Maybe all the adrenaline and Disney excitement will just flush it all right out of your systems? ;) Here's to feeling well super soon! :shamrock: :shamrock: And in case I don't catch you before you leave, wishing you both a magical honeymoon!! Have fun making memories. :)

Anyone else ADDING more to their list(s) than they are crossing things off? lol I keep remembering things and adding stuff! :crazy: I have today and next Monday as my only 2 days off work between now and the time we leave (working Thanksgiving and the weekend--yuck!). Nose to the grindstone time!!

No RoL showing happened at D23 last night. I've 'definitely' given up on it now and will be tweaking our Sunday night plan now (only leave in just over a week, hate leaving it until the last minute :) )

Has anyone already seen the tree of life awakening? We can't work out if it is worth staying for that and a safari and ride on Everest in the dark or just keeping/saving it all, including Pandora and ROL for when we are back in a couple of years?

No RoL showing happened at D23 last night. I've 'definitely' given up on it now and will be tweaking our Sunday night plan now (only leave in just over a week, hate leaving it until the last minute :) )

Has anyone already seen the tree of life awakening? We can't work out if it is worth staying for that and a safari and ride on Everest in the dark or just keeping/saving it all, including Pandora and ROL for when we are back in a couple of years?
I've seen it and it is enjoyable but I wouldn't stay late just to see it. They project an animated film across the tree. I thought there would be more to it but that was about it. I guess they have several different stories that they do each night.

We are doing a late afternoon safari and then dinner at Yak and Yeti. I really like going to AK later in the day instead of the morning. The place is mostly cleared out and the darkness lends a magical quality to the park. :)

keep-calm-only-5-days-til-disney-1.png

i know it is PG 13 but do you think this is appropriate for my kiddo? i need to do more research, he is dying to see it since he just saw the first Harry Potter and fell in love.

I know others have already responded to this but figured I'd chime in too. There are a few deaths, but nothing gory/bloody/gruesome. There are also some higher-level concepts of what happens when you are repressed/try to repress yourself because you're 'different' (in this case magical), and bottle everything up inside of you.

This is what I usually take too. I hate that super-long lingering taste you get from zinc and find these aren't terrible in that department. If I don't take these I just use a regular supplement pill that you can swallow, so I don't get any of that taste.

I haven't seen the awakening yet, but I do absolutely love AK in the dark. I was able to time an evening EMH at the right time of year, several years ago, so that I was in the park when it was dark and it was absolutely magical! It gets a whole different feel, super duper atmospheric. I'm really looking forward to being in AK in the evening on my upcoming trip.

Happy Monday everybody! Yay for everyone who gets to enjoy a short work week (myself included) and for those that have to work the holiday, I feel your pain! It'll be over quick and your trip will be here before you know it! :grouphug:

Hi - we missed you!! @rasadkowski and @Party.Of.4-NY>>>FL

Everyone crazy busy and down to just a few days until leaving for a few of the group!! I really hope everyone has awesome trips!! I know most of us will be checking in on our phones and tablets while we're there so we'll get some real time updates :flower:

I'm one of the crazy ones with tons of stuff to do and not enough time. I'm stressed more about Thanksgiving since I'm not finished cleaning and haven't done any shopping yet. I do have the menu planned and grocery list almost ready.

My DH says "I think I'm getting sick on Thursday..." and now is coughing all over. I've been taking zinc and vitamin c and praying that I don't get anything. :worship:
We're all sick over here too! I've been hacking for a few days, dry cough, same with DD. DH is okay so far but we're all drinking lots of liquids and I even brewed this disgusting tumeric/ginger/lemon tea and have been drinking it. This afternooon is a lemon orange ginger cayenne pepper concoction that gets blended in the blender. Seriously gross. And chicken noodle soup for lunch (sorry but vegetarian soups don't cut it for colds IMHO).

Has anyone else been doing weather checking? It looks like it will be on the cool side when we're there!
I'm going to take it easy this afternoon due to being sick and miraculously have no meetings today so just answered a couple of emails from the business (had a major headache to deal with this morning but it's sorted). Think I'll watch Big Hero 6!

Has anyone else been doing weather checking? It looks like it will be on the cool side when we're there!
I'm going to take it easy this afternoon due to being sick and miraculously have no meetings today so just answered a couple of emails from the business (had a major headache to deal with this morning but it's sorted). Think I'll watch Big Hero 6!
Hope you and your DD feels better soon! I'm so scared DS will get sick while we're there. My mom just called me and said my cousin's baby got sick when they went to a recent trip out of the country. They stayed in the hotel the entire trip. :scared1:

It's official, we are both sick with colds. :sad: We just have to power through it! I wish I didn't have so much to do at work. I would totally leave.

Ugh, hope you and @Mintycake feel better!! Seriously try Zicam tablets if you can! DH started to feel like he was getting the cold I had, took some Zicam and was good to go!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter