***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

@rasadkowski so nice to see you! I hear ya on the screen time overload but thank you for taking the time to check in, we've missed you here!

Had a drastic weather change overnight with a cold front that came through. Currently mentally preparing myself for a cold outdoor run, lol. Gotta keep up with #OL10LB, I missed a bunch of workouts this past week due to work craziness! Need to clean today, didn't happen yesterday since the hair appt took so long, lol, and seeing Fantastic Beasts at 4pm!  also need to find time to go yummy cheese platter shopping for Thanksgiving. And figure out what I want to bake for Thanksgiving. And I only have today, tomorrow, and Tues, since we're leaving immediately after I get out of work at 3pm on Wed to head 3 hours up to my aunt and uncle in Saratoga Springs (the real Saratoga Springs, lol. Although I'm staying at the Disney version on my trip! Haha). So many things to do so little time! Yikes! :scared1:

Hope everyone has a fantastic Sunday!

Ooh, one of my friend's brought a cheese platter to our Friendsgiving last week and I tried a new cheese that I'm now obsessed with. It's merlot cheese, and it is AMAZING! I have already eaten 2 packages of it this week. :rolleyes1

@rasadkowski we missed you but totally understand why you've been offline for a bit :) hope everything is well with you and hope planning is going good still! Oh and my teepublic order was reshipped, I doubt it will get to me on time but I guess it should be fine.

@areno79 so glad it worked out and you got to relax after all that stress!

@mexxican i am still waiting for those reviews to come in! Anyway I'm sure your family would be able to sit together! Even if it's reserved you can ask the CM nicely when checking in ;)

I hope the order gets to you in time! I would have been demanding they send it overnight to ensure you get it in time. Totally unacceptable!

Grr, I'm so aggravated right now. My MIL was planning on watching our dogs and staying at our house while we're gone. I was talking to DH about Thanksgiving, and he casually mentions that she got a job (I didn't even know she was looking...she gets my FIL's SS death benefits.) Anyway, then he tells me her new job starts on December 1...which is the day before we leave! I'm pretty upset because now I don't know what to do. She lives an hour away and has a horrible mean cat who my dogs don't get along with. I feel like crying right now. They don't do well with over dogs besides each other, so they can't go to a kennel. I'm so upset and DH doesn't understand why, which is making me more upset. I love my dogs and don't trust them with just anybody. It's my biggest fear that somehow they'll escape if they stay at someone else's house. I feel like just cancelling everything at this point. :sad1::sad:
I'm so sorry. haven't even read forward yet to see if there is a resolution to this. I totally get it. People suck. I haven't been around much due to my own stress.

edited to add, I see you've worked it out... yay. Gosh I Feel so far behind. can someone give me the reader's digest version? I have to go shop and make homemade stock for thanksgiving as well as dinner for tonight and soup for my lunch for the week, lol. I can't believe ti is getting so close, I'm starting to freak but not even really sure why!

Last edited:
I'm so sorry. haven't even read forward yet to see if there is a resolution to this. I totally get it. People suck. I haven't been around much due to my own stress.

edited to add, I see you've worked it out... yay. Gosh I Feel so far behind. can someone give me the reader's digest version? I have to go shop and make homemade stock for thanksgiving as well as dinner for tonight and soup for my lunch for the week, lol. I can't believe ti is getting so close, I'm starting to freak but not even really sure why!
We've missed you...hope everything falls into place...and hope you get to relax a little over the holiday.

We leave Thursday night. 4 days from now! Universal 11/25-11/27, WDW 11/27-12/4. I feel very unprepared. I wanted to do a trip report, I just need to find time! I will be posting a lot to Facebook mostly, but I'll try to post here too when I can.

Have a safe and wonderful trip!

Ooh, one of my friend's brought a cheese platter to our Friendsgiving last week and I tried a new cheese that I'm now obsessed with. It's merlot cheese, and it is AMAZING! I have already eaten 2 packages of it this week. :rolleyes1

So, funny story! I had just read your post, and then arrived at the international foods store I was going to cheese-hunt at. Lo and behold, the second cheese I see is merlot cheese! With a sample dish in front of it! I'd never heard of this cheese before either, lol. Tasted the sample and it was delicious! Excellent recommendation! So, I will be bringing that, a deliciously-sharp and pungent bleu, a nice English cheddar, and a traditional French brie. Om nom nom. Now I'm getting hungry just thinking about them! :rotfl: Seriously though, why is cheese so good?!?

I am happy to report that for the last 1.5-2 miles of my 7 mile run this morning I experienced a little bit of wintry weather! :hyper::hyper::hyper: Yes I know I'm crazy, but fortunately I had put on my rain jacket to try to combat the wind so that kept me dry. But it was def some rain/sleet with some snowflakes mixed in! Winter is on its way! So much better than last year's super disappointing, warm, snow-free season!

Now I'm just getting ready for Fantastic Beasts at 4, and then I SWEAR I'm gonna clean! :rotfl2: I'll put some Disney movies on while I do it, that'll make it a little better, lol

Last edited:
@areno79 I'm so glad you have someone you trust to take care of your babies. Sometimes a drink is really beneficial.

@Mintycake It feels good to have everything all ready with no questions left, doesn't it?

@BDFmom Sending them to college is wonderful and so sad at the same moment--hugs.

@CynBeth We have a CP breakfast at Trattoria and are seeing Robby Benson on the 11th.

@rasadkowski Welcome back, we missed you, but totally understand.

@Candycane83 Glad it's being shipped and crossing my fingers and toes that it arrives on time!

Had a drastic weather change overnight with a cold front that came through. Currently mentally preparing myself for a cold outdoor run, lol.

Wasn't the cold front crazy? It was 70 degrees yesterday until about 3pm and then it got super windy and cloudy. With 30 minutes it dropped over 40 degrees with crazy winds. We had to pull out winter coats and mittens. Hadn't taken them out yet. Today's high in Orlando was only 66. I am hoping for a bit warmer than that when we go but maybe I'm the only one.

64b1dd17a7803bb378023a8fd592eaa0.jpg

Thanks!

And funny you should ask about that! I was just in Christmas Tree Shop on Friday night and picked up this banner that I might use. I am also still on the lookout for something like what you got, a full-sized door banner, but so far haven't found one in a store. So I need to decide if I want to use this banner I got, or if I want to order a big one on Amazon. Decisions decisions! Lol.

View attachment 206988

Oh that's super cute and festive!! :love: Yes, decisions decisions!! Always a tricky prospect. :scratchin I wonder how many decisions are made for the average Disney trip? haha I finally decided on this for our window (ebay), but it will say Merry Christmas. I'll add some Santa Mickey die cuts and a handful of snowflakes and call it good! :santa:

s-l500.jpg

A few have cancelled JBJB, and the Talbys are now among them. Ugh--hard to say that and it was a tough call for me. I sure don't want to bore anyone with a diatribe, but mostly it's because I made a pretty big mistake in not discussing it with my kids first. I do feel compelled to apologize for being so flip-floppy!! Will always be grateful for the help I received though!!

I'm kind of choppy with keeping up on things here, but I think mostly everyone is taking care of business and pecking away at their to do lists as our trips quickly approach!! When I find myself inching up to the freak out line, I remind myself to just take it one step at a time. I'm finding lists that are very broken down (specific tasks on specific days) have been helpful too.

So nice to see you!! I've not been around much in recent weeks, but had been wondering about you, rasadkowski (who also peeked in today!) as well as @Party.Of.4-NY>>>FL :-) (Po4NYFL--did you go with a GoPro or something else? Hope all is well!!)

Oh--I see posts about weather now! Here in SW Michigan, we got that cold front as well and had our first snow fall yesterday. It's 32 at the moment--brrrr!!! :cold:

Wasn't the cold front crazy? It was 70 degrees yesterday until about 3pm and then it got super windy and cloudy. With 30 minutes it dropped over 40 degrees with crazy winds. We had to pull out winter coats and mittens. Hadn't taken them out yet. Today's high in Orlando was only 66. I am hoping for a bit warmer than that when we go but maybe I'm the only one.
Yeah, we were doing yard work until the wind picked up, at which point my wife and son broke out the R2D2 kite while I rushed to clear the leaves from the curb before the rain came in. Now the kids have the sniffles and I'm hoping they are healthy for the trip. Also, my attempt to get Etsy shirts for MVMCP is coming down to the wire. Seller insists she sent me a personalized invoice & custom order and I haven't seen it :( Unless I'm doing something wrong

What is it with flaky petsitters this week? Ours just cancelled on us today! He's our lawn mower guy too, and he was supposed to do that this weekend and hasn't. He's also 13 and the kid who lives down the street from us so he's just being extra teenagery I think o_O Luckily my boss's son (who is still a teenager but almost 19) is going to do it instead. But not mow our grass, still need to find someone else for that part :rolleyes:

If anyone is still available to help look for ADRs, I'm down to just one lunch/dinner that I'm stalking currently and a dessert party. I missed the perfect Ohana TP notice yesterday!

I'm looking for an Ohana on 11/29 @ 3:30-4:00 for 2 people. I have an Ohana for our arrival day, but we are doing a resort crawl and I really don't want an AYCTE meal during the crawl. I'd much rather snack around the resorts.

Also I'm still stalking a reservation for 2 to the 11/30 Wishes Fireworks dessert party with Plaza Gardens viewing.

With just 4 days until we leave I know my stalking ability is going to be hindered!

So nice to see you!! I've not been around much in recent weeks, but had been wondering about you, rasadkowski (who also peeked in today!) as well as @Party.Of.4-NY>>>FL :-) (Po4NYFL--did you go with a GoPro or something else? Hope all is well!!)

I'm here! I'm here!:)
I've been checking in and lurking from time to time. Trying to stay focused on work right now and finish the year strong. I'm taking A LOT of vacation time in December so I really won't be there for most of the month. As for the camera debacle, I think I'm going to go with a GoPro Session5 Black. We have a decent camcorder that we can shoot regular video with so we'll use that for non-ride shots. I'm really interested in getting video on the rides, specifically on "The Mountains"

I've been watching so many awesome Disney vacation videos on The Dis and YouTube lately (this is probably why I've been absent from this thread for so long) that I really want to make one of my own. I think I've got most of the music/audio picked out but of course that could change.

Today's high in Orlando was only 66. I am hoping for a bit warmer than that when we go but maybe I'm the only one.
I'm hoping it gets a little warmer in Orlando, too, like ten degrees warmer. We are really hoping to spend some time at our resort pool.

We had a very productive weekend cleaning out the basement. My FitBit recorded that I went up 45 flights of stairs yesterday. :faint: I also went down 45 flights of stairs but the FitBit doesn't care about that. ;) I am really glad that I have a four day weekend coming up. It is good to plan a five day vacation a week after a four day weekend. ::yes::

Hey quick question:

I just received an email from Disney. It said that my resort reservation number was changed "due to the implementation of a new resort package reservation system"

Did anyone get this also? Kind of frustrating (ok not really) because I had my old one memorized. Just a little OCD I suppose.

Edit: just found a thread that was started today about this. Seems everyone with a package (as opposed to room-only) got a new res.#

Last edited:

SIL is going to watch the dogs at her house while we're gone :)

So, funny story! I had just read your post, and then arrived at the international foods store I was going to cheese-hunt at. Lo and behold, the second cheese I see is merlot cheese! With a sample dish in front of it! I'd never heard of this cheese before either, lol. Tasted the sample and it was delicious! Excellent recommendation! So, I will be bringing that, a deliciously-sharp and pungent bleu, a nice English cheddar, and a traditional French brie. Om nom nom. Now I'm getting hungry just thinking about them! :rotfl: Seriously though, why is cheese so good?!?

I am happy to report that for the last 1.5-2 miles of my 7 mile run this morning I experienced a little bit of wintry weather! :hyper::hyper::hyper: Yes I know I'm crazy, but fortunately I had put on my rain jacket to try to combat the wind so that kept me dry. But it was def some rain/sleet with some snowflakes mixed in! Winter is on its way! So much better than last year's super disappointing, warm, snow-free season!

Now I'm just getting read for Fantastic Beasts at 4, and then I SWEAR I'm gonna clean! :rotfl2: I'll put some Disney movies on while I do it, that'll make it a little better, lol

Yay, glad you liked the cheese!! I saw a big block if it at Sam's last night and was SO tempted to buy it!

What is it with flaky petsitters this week? Ours just cancelled on us today! He's our lawn mower guy too, and he was supposed to do that this weekend and hasn't. He's also 13 and the kid who lives down the street from us so he's just being extra teenagery I think o_O Luckily my boss's son (who is still a teenager but almost 19) is going to do it instead. But not mow our grass, still need to find someone else for that part :rolleyes:

Ugh, it stinks, right?? Glad you have a backup too!

Hey quick question:

I just received an email from Disney. It said that my resort reservation number was changed "due to the implementation of a new resort package reservation system"

Did anyone get this also? Kind of frustrating (ok not really) because I had my old one memorized. Just a little OCD I suppose.

Edit: just found a thread that was started today about this. Seems everyone with a package (as opposed to room-only) got a new res.#

Weird...I have a package and didn't get an email. Maybe because I booked through a TA?

So earlier today I was able to pick up an earlier Tusker House breakfast ADR on 12/3! Now I think the flow will be a bit better. :thumbsup2

Also....as a complete fluke I was able to pick up an ADR for the Wishes Holiday dessert party on 12/8! :Pinkbounc:Pinkbounc I had been on the fence but took it as a sign when I was able to find availability!

It was like 80 here Friday and it's been in the 30s yesterday and today--holy cow what a difference! I would love the 66 high down there, I hate being sweaty.

It was so crazy! Gotta admit though, it was fun doing my run with the crazy gusty winds and a little rain/sleet/snow at the end! lol

So I just saw Fantastic Beasts and I loved it!!! So much fun! And such a great cast! Now it really is time to clean, ugh. I've found Mythbusters and Harry Potter 7: Pt. 1 to flip between, lol, so that'll make it a little better!

Hey quick question:

I got this too.. No clue what it means
Seems like it will not effect anything though?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter