***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

For those going to Universal - note that multiple rides don't allow any type of bag (you can bring phone/wallet, etc) and the big coasters don't allow you to have anything in your pockets (not wallet, keys, glasses, etc). It's kinda a pain to put stuff in and out of lockers, but they are free. On our trip in 2014, my sister didn't ride a lot of rides so she was our designated bag holder :-)
I should have specified the backpack was at WDW. :jester:Universal won't let you have even a single coin on certain rides (ie--Dragon Challenge) due to safety.

Okay I am ready to clean up some ADRs now. I thought I posted it here first. All for party of 3. Please PM if interested. I will like to cancel them by tonight. Thanks!

11/28 Garden Grill Breakfast @930a
11/29 BOG @1250p
12/2 BOG @940a (gone)
12/2 Ohana Dinner @750p (gone)
12/3 Jiko Dinner @730p

<<UPDATE: All cancelled by 715pm tonight 11/8/16>>

Last edited:
Same. We are putting up our tree soon. Crazy early for us but I don't want to do it after disney plus I think it will be nice to come home to :)

I had a disney nightmare last night. Dreamed about dinner at 'ohana. In the dream it was a serve yourself buffet. My parents were there and enjoying the food and my dad asked me to get more. I was loving the food too. I went to the buffet and the staff were packing away the foid telling me it was closed. They said it was closing time. I said no because our adr was for 630 pm and they said it's 10 30pm. Very disturbing! Obviously ridiculous as my parents are not going on the trip, we don't have dinner at ohana and I don't really eat meat! I think it's just anxiety over not knowing how long a TS meal will take and how that works with my touring plan.
:scared1: I think it's definitely anxiety. I think that when you get there, you'll feel better. It's the whole year of planning and worry that things will go wrong. I have my fingers crossed I won't be like a crazy chicken trying to keep track of everything when I get there.

Lord, my Magic Bands are going on a magical journey. Checked the tracking this morning, and they started in Memphis, which is only about 100 miles away, and now they are in Bensenville, Illinois, which is about 600 miles away, as if that makes sense! :sad2:

I have to say I'm pretty satisfied with my plans (thanks to you all here that helped me rule out ADRs and find cool things like jibjab) and this being our first trip to WDW in 20+ years. Now im focusing on packing with 27 days to go or so.
I've been getting some packages in the mail but they've been disappointing. It seems like I've sized out of all my favorite brands. Apparently I no longer fit in most gap pants and had to go up sizes in eddie bauer. I know I haven't lost all my baby weight (gained 30 pounds only lost half) but geez I had no idea these things wouldn't fit. It's no wonder I wore the same shorts all summer. About 2 months ago I did say, self, you can't go to Disney this size but nothings changed. I just can't seem to give up my large Dunkin iced coffee extra cream. So I guess I go to Disney this size. At least the baby will have cute clothes. He's got a whole new wardrobe plus 5 new pair of shoes. I'd say he's ready. DH has the opposite problem as me. He lost about 50 pounds in the last few months doing a modified paleo diet so all his clothes are to big. We're a mess lol.

Sorry I'm not quoting anyone in particular but who ever suggested the take and toss sippy cups what a great idea. I had no ideas these existed so I ran right out to target to get some. So much better than dragging several good ones along and washing them and worrying about losing them.

I'm not a make up person myself. I have some bare minerals stuff i got for my baby shower and family photos to look presentable but I've never been good at applying it. Plus I cant stand the smell of it ecen fragrance free natural stuff has a smell to me. My friend is really into make uo. She could spend 2 hours putting it on and to me looks the same as when she started. But she really enjoys learning about different products.

I may cancel Illuminations Dessert Party but I haven't decided yet. I know I mentioned it before and someone suggested it would be no big deal to cancel since we have the Xmas party and JBJB on the night before and after. It might be too much for the little one.
For those planning on going to Universal, are you planning out the day like with disney? I was hoping on winging it. We aren't really looking to do too many rides just basically want to check out the Harry Potter stuff.

Last edited:
Are u headed to Universal too? :) I'm lucky we're mainly doing rider swap or single rider for those rides. I think they allow you to take your child and things with you!
I would LOVE to go to Universal too, but probably not this trip. Getting the most of my annual passes at WDW! Not sure how rider swap works at Universal, all I know is last July we had to go through a metal detector before lining up for Dragon Challenge (don't remember that on other rides???). Maybe they have you wait by the line to switch?

I would LOVE to go to Universal too, but probably not this trip. Getting the most of my annual passes at WDW! Not sure how rider swap works at Universal, all I know is last July we had to go through a metal detector before lining up for Dragon Challenge (don't remember that on other rides???). Maybe they have you wait by the line to switch?
LOL, you've inspired me to ask the Universal boards about rider swap. I am planning to do RRR alone (DH won't ride it) and I know that has a single rider so it's a non issue... what other rides go through the metal detectors?

Has anyone else given up on ROL opening for our trips now?

I guess I have, since I decided to book the Savor the Savanna: Evening Safari Experience on my one AK day. But a part of me is still hoping, lol. I booked the earliest slot, 4:30, in the vague and out-there hope that if RoL DOES happen, I might have a super slim chance of seeing it after the tour. I'm not holding my breath though, lol

:scared1: I think it's definitely anxiety. I think that when you get there, you'll feel better. It's the whole year of planning and worry that things will go wrong. I have my fingers crossed I won't be like a crazy chicken trying to keep track of everything when I get there.
You are right. I've never put this much effort into planning a trip in my life -and I've backpacked around a few countries in my time.

Lord, my Magic Bands are going on a magical journey. Checked the tracking this morning, and they started in Memphis, which is only about 100 miles away, and now they are in Bensenville, Illinois, which is about 600 miles away, as if that makes sense! :sad2:

Sure seems like most of the people who had difficulty had bands that shipped from Memphis. Mine never tracked that way, they came from Florida and made it here in just a couple days. Hope yours arrive very soon!

LOL, you've inspired me to ask the Universal boards about rider swap. I am planning to do RRR alone (DH won't ride it) and I know that has a single rider so it's a non issue... what other rides go through the metal detectors?
Glad I was inspirational, LOL! I am by no means an expert about Universal. I don't remember any other rides with metal detectors, though there were others with the "no bag" rule. Harry Potter rides in particular.
Not sure about RRR, I eyed that one with some doubt, and my son would NOT go on it back in July. Maybe next time!

Glad I was inspirational, LOL! I am by no means an expert about Universal. I don't remember any other rides with metal detectors, though there were others with the "no bag" rule. Harry Potter rides in particular.
Not sure about RRR, I eyed that one with some doubt, and my son would NOT go on it back in July. Maybe next time!
I eyed RRR doubtfully 4 years ago and since DH would not ride it, I opted out. Regretted it! So I'm rectifying that this trip! :D

I eyed RRR doubtfully 4 years ago and since DH would not ride it, I opted out. Regretted it! So I'm rectifying that this trip! :D
Lol--good for you! Hulk was down for refurb during our trip, so enjoy that one for me as well! I hope to brave both on our next visit.:upsidedow
We went mid July, spontaneously, with NO plan. I hadn't been there in over 10 years. We had fun, loved the HP stuff, loved the Springfield/Simpsons area and ride. My son adored the Transformers ride, Spiderman, HP, Kong, Jurassic area, and HP Dragon Challenge (also his "biggest" ride to date). Soon it will be Tampa and Busch Gardens! I LOVED Diagon Alley area--so very cool! I was tempted to do a day at Universal, instead of the MVMCP, but with the hours 9a-7p and our WDW passes, it didn't make sense.

mine were hung up on tracking so I was not expecting them. I picked up my purse today and got a coat from my mom in the mail for kiddo but no MBs. For those of you who haven't found me on FB this cracks me up:

my mom sent kiddo a coat for winter and some pajama pants so I made him call to thank her. They weren't home, so he left a message.... and he gives her a very nice thank you and then says "oh and... don't delete this message, ok?" After he hung up I say "why don't you want meme to delete the message?" thinking it is some sweet and sentimental thing...

"so that next time she sends me pants she can just listen to that and I don't have to call her again."

apologies to those who had to read that twice but he cracks me the heck up.

Oh yes, I checked tracking on mine and it still said York PA...I was hoping it was wrong as I went out to the mailbox in my slippers last night. LOL

I have to say I'm pretty satisfied with my plans (thanks to you all here that helped me rule out ADRs and find cool things like jibjab) and this being our first trip to WDW in 20+ years. Now im focusing on packing with 27 days to go or so.
I've been getting some packages in the mail but they've been disappointing. It seems like I've sized out of all my favorite brands. Apparently I no longer fit in most gap pants and had to go up sizes in eddie bauer. I know I haven't lost all my baby weight (gained 30 pounds only lost half) but geez I had no idea these things wouldn't fit. It's no wonder I wore the same shorts all summer. About 2 months ago I did say, self, you can't go to Disney this size but nothings changed. I just can't seem to give up my large Dunkin iced coffee extra cream. So I guess I go to Disney this size. At least the baby will have cute clothes. He's got a whole new wardrobe plus 5 new pair of shoes. I'd say he's ready. DH has the opposite problem as me. He lost about 50 pounds in the last few months doing a modified paleo diet so all his clothes are to big. We're a mess lol.

Sorry I'm not quoting anyone in particular but who ever suggested the take and toss sippy cups what a great idea. I had no ideas these existed so I ran right out to target to get some. So much better than dragging several good ones along and washing them and worrying about losing them.

I'm not a make up person myself. I have some bare minerals stuff i got for my baby shower and family photos to look presentable but I've never been good at applying it. Plus I cant stand the smell of it ecen fragrance free natural stuff has a smell to me. My friend is really into make uo. She could spend 2 hours putting it on and to me looks the same as when she started. But she really enjoys learning about different products.

I may cancel Illuminations Dessert Party but I haven't decided yet. I know I mentioned it before and someone suggested it would be no big deal to cancel since we have the Xmas party and JBJB on the night before and after. It might be too much for the little one.
For those planning on going to Universal, are you planning out the day like with disney? I was hoping on winging it. We aren't really looking to do too many rides just basically want to check out the Harry Potter stuff.

I actually just started planning my day at US/IOA yesterday. DH and I aren't into the big roller coasters, so we're mainly going for the HP stuff and the 3D rides. :)

Wow! How lucky are all of us early December folks? Just last night DH said he is so thankful we decided to sneak in a last minute trip first week of December, because we are getting SOOOOO many new things!

New castle projection show
Jingle Bell Jingle Bam
Festival of trees at Disney Springs
Drone show at Disney Springs
Holiday food booths at Epcot
New Muppet Show at Liberty Square
Updated Big Thunder

I'm probably missing some, but I hope we get to see all the new stuff! Frankly our trip is more about this new stuff than doing our usual rides.

Lol--good for you! Hulk was down for refurb during our trip, so enjoy that one for me as well! I hope to brave both on our next visit.:upsidedow
We went mid July, spontaneously, with NO plan. I hadn't been there in over 10 years. We had fun, loved the HP stuff, loved the Springfield/Simpsons area and ride. My son adored the Transformers ride, Spiderman, HP, Kong, Jurassic area, and HP Dragon Challenge (also his "biggest" ride to date). Soon it will be Tampa and Busch Gardens! I LOVED Diagon Alley area--so very cool! I was tempted to do a day at Universal, instead of the MVMCP, but with the hours 9a-7p and our WDW passes, it didn't make sense.
I loved Hulk (alone)! DH is not into coasters either so I will try to fit it in as a single rider again. :P I hope my son enjoys Universal, there seems to be a lot of great play areas for little ones there. My main plan is to basically do HP and Seussland/ play areas for my little one. Other stuff will be a bonus. We'd take it slow and ease into the vacation hopefully! Tackle Disney after :rotfl:

It'll be nice to do a trip for Universal on it's own ;) Looks like your son loves the big rides too! :)

Wow! How lucky are all of us early December folks? Just last night DH said he is so thankful we decided to sneak in a last minute trip first week of December, because we are getting SOOOOO many new things!

New castle projection show
Jingle Bell Jingle Bam
Festival of trees at Disney Springs
Drone show at Disney Springs
Holiday food booths at Epcot
New Muppet Show at Liberty Square
Updated Big Thunder

I'm probably missing some, but I hope we get to see all the new stuff! Frankly our trip is more about this new stuff than doing our usual rides.
I would add new Christmas show for MVMCP, additional treats this year and a separate entrance with photo ops for party guests! :D

Although I should say... we lost MSEP and ROL is not up yet... :rolleyes: Lost a few more things but I can't remember

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter