1st time cruiser

Family Loves Disney

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. My daughter and I will be taking our first ever cruise on Navigator of the Seas in April. We will be celebrating my daughter's Sweet 16 in addition to cruising with her sister queens and director from World Imperial Beauties Scholarship Pageant system.

Since I am new to cruising, I will have lots of questions and frequenting the boards. Any suggestions or ideas are very much appreciated.

Wonderful celebrations! The Navigator is going through some amazing upgrades right now. Looks amazing when she is done.

Interestingly, you’ll be one of the first to go on Navigator once it completes her dry dock (aka renovations).

To start with, let us know the number of nights you’re cruising along with ports of call (including where you’re boarding). If you want to let us know your room type (you don’t have to tell us where it is) that might help with giving tips as well.

Are there any special interests you and your daughter have?

Interestingly, you’ll be one of the first to go on Navigator once it completes her dry dock (aka renovations).

To start with, let us know the number of nights you’re cruising along with ports of call (including where you’re boarding). If you want to let us know your room type (you don’t have to tell us where it is) that might help with giving tips as well.

Are there any special interests you and your daughter have?

We are super excited for the waterslide. My daughter wants to ice skate and to do the flow rider. Me - I just want to be on the cruise and enjoy myself because it is my first ever cruise. As for excursions, I want to parasail and participate in the dolphin experience at Blue Lagoon. My daughter wants to zip line at Labadee and do the dolphin encounter too.

We are doing the 5 day cruise to the Bahamas.

Our first cruise was also on Navigator. If your girl is interested in the flo-rider, tell her to get on it early in the cruise. There are usually fewer people in line the first and second days. Then it starts to get really crowded.

Allure is a fun ship.

Read everything you can find online on reputable sites regarding “tips for first time cruisers”. For example royal Caribbean blog, Disney cruise line blog, the DIS etc. Bear in mind that not all things are applicable, but you’ll get a lot of good tips, which you can and should tailor to your needs and wants.

An example tip is brining your kids to the kids club on day 1 (embarkation day). It’s usually registration time prior to departure, then there’s some activities at night. Let the kids try out the club that night, to gauge whether they like it or not. That might end up dictating what they do whilst on board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter