1970's POLY Pics!

Hey! I think that hot, stylish woman in the full-length leisure suit is my mom!!! Anyway, I couldn't find the ones of myself in the GCH wearing my "airplane suit" (full-length leisure suit), but here are a few I did find. Thanks to DH, MainStreetFireman, for scanning these in for me (I am so technologically challenged).

Poly beach, April 1973 (I think):
poly19731.jpg

GCH, October 1979 (I think). Dig the tiled floor (one of the reasons for the Brady Bunch metaphor that continues to circulate):
poly19792.jpg

Somewhere in the GCH(I think), or maybe Tangeroa Terrace? in October 1979 (I think)
poly19781.jpg

I just LOVE this thread.

Can anyone help me to identify that paper thing pinned to my left breast? I was thinking maybe ticket media of some kind?

Those last two pics: wow you were a hottie! Makes me wish I was a 70s child so I could enjoy that time. I'm an 80s child but I don't regret it either as those were definitely the golden years of Disney! Remember DTV and Mousterpiece Theater with George Plimpton? Oh and the Raccoons song "Run with us"!

:scared1::scared1::scared1:omg pople swam in the snake infested water back then

Yes they did. My parents always requested a room close to the water at Poly & CR and we would have a great time swimming and hanging out at the beach. Ah the good old days.

I don't know about that ticket. That was back when you had actually had to give them a ticket to ride the ride. I still have a half used book of them.

Those last two pics: wow you were a hottie! Makes me wish I was a 70s child so I could enjoy that time. I'm an 80s child but I don't regret it either as those were definitely the golden years of Disney! Remember DTV and Mousterpiece Theater with George Plimpton? Oh and the Raccoons song "Run with us"!

Why, thank you! I'm STILL a hottie!;) I don't remember Mousterpiece theater OR "Run with us!" ;) Time to go do a search...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter