1970's POLY Pics!

2gr8DisneyKids

DIS Veteran
My mom just sent me these and I thought I would share! I was 2 and my brother was 4.

IMG2-1.jpg

IMG-2.jpg

IMG-1.jpg

CUTE!!!! Love looking at "vintage" Disney resort pictures.

Oh those are great. Your expression cracks me up. We were there in the 70s too. I loved it then! I still love it. :goodvibes

My parents in 1971 ....note the swimming area roped off in the background...

My dad's hair wasn't really that big, I think it's the wind :lmao:

My only question is... what is up with the lady in the full length leisure suit? Isn't she hot?:confused3

scan0030.jpg

I can't believe you found that long lost photo of myself sitting in my purple leisure suit by the Poly heheheh. What a great photo keep them coming!!!

Now are those really swim trunks cause I could swear he just wandered down to the beach in his boxers. :rotfl:

Cool pictures though!

Hey! I think that hot, stylish woman in the full-length leisure suit is my mom!!! Anyway, I couldn't find the ones of myself in the GCH wearing my "airplane suit" (full-length leisure suit), but here are a few I did find. Thanks to DH, MainStreetFireman, for scanning these in for me (I am so technologically challenged).

Poly beach, April 1973 (I think):
poly19731.jpg

GCH, October 1979 (I think). Dig the tiled floor (one of the reasons for the Brady Bunch metaphor that continues to circulate):
poly19792.jpg

Somewhere in the GCH(I think), or maybe Tangeroa Terrace? in October 1979 (I think)
poly19781.jpg

I just LOVE this thread.

Can anyone help me to identify that paper thing pinned to my left breast? I was thinking maybe ticket media of some kind?

I love these photos! Please post more!

I wasn't acquainted with the Polynesian until early 1992, but at that point it still looked as it did in the 70s (for the most part). I've got a bizarre hybrid of first- and second-hand nostalgia. :love:

the lady in the purple leisure suit was not hot! She was enjoying a nice cool beer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter