160 extra Disney Rewards Points by asking...

Typically, from what I have been told, Chase policy on all of their cards is to honor the "richer" promotion as long as it occurs within 90 days of your signup (before or after). That said, on a case by case basis, Chase has been known to credit extra rewards for better promotions up to a year after your original signup,

You signed up 6 years ago! It was a completely different credit environment then, and Chase did not have to offer high rewards at that time to find creditors that met their financial requirements to open an account. I would be shocked if you were able to get a point adjustment. Not trying to be rude - just my experience. YMMV.

This is was I was told....I did get an xtra 25 Rewards. They were very nice but did say if they typically honor it if you opened your card within 90 days.. Shortly after calling I rec'd an offer for another Disney card with a $200 RR :) I applied, was approved charged once & rec'd my $200!!!:banana::woohoo:

This topic is very interesting as I signed up fairly recently at one bonus offer and a month later Dh got a much better offer. I just emailed them; I'll let you know what happens.

I just signed up with Chase a couple weeks ago and got $25 credit on my account. I emailed this morning about the $200 reward dollars. I'll update when I hear from them.

It is interesting to see the different results on one issue. I applied for a card in June, then received my $200 offer in August. I e-mailed them, but they did nothing for me. I then called as well to let them know how frustrating it was that they kept sending me postcards after I had just signed up for a card with no promotion (We were receiving one about every week). The guy was very nice and said they could not do anything, but I could apply for another card- which I did.

I wrote a short email and got a quick response of $20 extra reward dollars. Go Chase Visa! :cheer2:

W:surfweb:elp wish me pixie dust. my husband and I opened cards last month thru the DVC website and got 100 dollars each card. Hopefully we each get 100 dollars credit on our cards. Thanks OP.

I emailed this morning and they are crediting me with $175 Disney Dream Dollars. Thanks to those who said to email!!! :)

I have a question for you guys - does anybody know the expiration date on the $100 gift card you get when signing up for a new credit card via the DVC link? Nomatter who I emailed, they would never adjust my disney dollars so I had to have my husband apply for a new card. Everybody was getting 200 Disney dollars but all I got when I signed up was 25. So he signed up and was accepted. I asked via the customer support link on the Chase website if we could get the bonus Dream dollars instead of a gift card. I explained that we are planning a trip to Disney in 2013 or 2014, and I don't want the gift card to expire. There is no Disney store near me either. I keep getting replies from a Tracy Zarring. She/He said that they think the card will expire in one year. Crud! Is this true. I am so frustrated with all of this. Finally get some points and now they will only be good for one year!

Wow! It worked ,my husband and I were both credited 100 disney reward dollars.. Thanks so much to the OP, and everyone else that left feed back:cool1::cool1::cool1:

pixietwin - If it's a Disney Gift Card that you receive, it will not have an expiration date.

pixietwin - If it's a Disney Gift Card that you receive, it will not have an expiration date.

I hope so. The person corresponding with me at the Disney Chase website said that giftcard will come directly from Disney and expire after one year. It would make my day to discover that they were wrong!

I just requested my extra $100 to hit the $200 and they added it. The cs lady who responded was very nice about it as well!

I just requested my extra $100 to hit the $200 and they added it. The cs lady who responded was very nice about it as well!

When did you originally open your account? I'm curious if they are basing the amounts on a timeframe.

When did you originally open your account? I'm curious if they are basing the amounts on a timeframe.

last week. I haven't even gotten the card yet. But because its linked w several other Chase accts I have I could access it already.

To anyone who signed up through the DVC $100 offer -- are you a DVC member? I've found the link but don't know if I can use it not owning DVC. Thanks!

last week. I haven't even gotten the card yet. But because its linked w several other Chase accts I have I could access it already.

I think it is linked to the time you signed up. I signed up last spring and DH a month after (he got the $200 while I got $40) They gave me $20 of points. I didn't think I would get anything because of the timeframe so I wrote a really short email (basically "Is there anything you could do?") and they gave me the credit.

To anyone who signed up through the DVC $100 offer -- are you a DVC member? I've found the link but don't know if I can use it not owning DVC. Thanks!

I have seen postings here in the past that you did not have to be a DVC member to apply for that offer.

I originally got the $40 years ago when I got my Disney Visa. In the past 2 months I have rec'd a new card app with the $150 bonus and the $200 bonus. I eventually filled out the $200 one. They sent me a note say that I already have a Disney Visa and was there anything they could do for me. I explained the 2 promotions I got and asked if they were now backing out of the offer. They just sent me a note saying they will credit me an extra $20 rewards as a courtesy. I read the thread and see that they give some people a much larger amount so they obviously don't have a policy on this but instead choose willy nilly. I am a little frustrated at the small amount but I guess I should be thankful I got anything. Would you just let it be?

when I originally signed up for the $200 I was not a DVC member and still was able to apply

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter