• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

145 Middle Schoolers: Wicked Awesome or Epic Fail???DeParting-Such Sweet Sorrow p. 76

Dee, Just wanted to tell you that DH will be at the Pats game today. GO PATS!!!!!!

He was so bummed that he missed last week's game b/c he was in FL.

I think I would have rather been in 82 degrees weather... but hey that's me lol.

OUCH!!!

What a sad, sorry, ugly game! How is your DH doing?

900 days? But, who's counting? :)

I actually did count on the day I posted that and it was 900 days!

Hopefully we will have a trip before then, sooner rather than later. We have been pricing out summer trips, but so far we have not found anything within our price-comfort zone.

He is a sad sorry man!!!! LOL

Snow day tomorrow? Our school has already announced a 2 hour delay with a possibility of cancellation.

The Snow Day Calculator on the web says 93% chance of cancellation tomorrow in our city.

:cold:

The kids are psyched!

We got a snow day here!!:dance3:
Kids are the happiest in the world right now:banana:

Wow, that must be a nice treat for them!

We did not!

Kids are quite the opposite of happy. They were convinced (and egged on by my DH) that there would be no school.

We ended up with .3 inches. Not 3 inches. Point 3. And that fell last night before bed.

We went from snowpocolypse to nopocolypse.

They didn't even need the two hour delay!

Enjoy your day!!!

natebenma said:
Snow day tomorrow? Our school has already announced a 2 hour delay with a possibility of cancellation.

The Snow Day Calculator on the web says 93% chance of cancellation tomorrow in our city.

:cold:

The kids are psyched!

yeah I wish there was a snow day. We didn't even have a delay.:( We got maybe 1-2 inches. We got more snow last week- we did have a delay then.

Now they're calling for more snow for Friday UGH!!!! I hate snow on the weekends.

I'm going to a scrapbooking weekend on Friday. I only have to drive about 40 min away but with snow it could be a lot longer!! I hope if it snows it holds off til after 6.

And I have to say I can't handle these frigid temps.!! 7 degrees tonight-REALLY????

I have been chuckling to myself as I read about your snow days. Here in Louisiana, we see snow once in a blue moon and it's pretty rare to even see freezing rain and sleet. Last week, we had freezing rain and the schools and a lot of businesses closed for two days. Yes, I said two days! No ice on the roads or anything. Just on the trees and power lines. Everybody was freaking out! If we were to have snow like you guys have, we'd have no idea what to do.:lmao:

mickeystoontown said:
I have been chuckling to myself as I read about your snow days. Here in Louisiana, we see snow once in a blue moon and it's pretty rare to even see freezing rain and sleet. Last week, we had freezing rain and the schools and a lot of businesses closed for two days. Yes, I said two days! No ice on the roads or anything. Just on the trees and power lines. Everybody was freaking out! If we were to have snow like you guys have, we'd have no idea what to do.:lmao:

That's funny!! I HATE winter but my kids won't let me move south. 6 more yrs. I keep telling myself that lol.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

That's funny!! I HATE winter but my kids won't let me move south. 6 more yrs. I keep telling myself that lol.

Thankfully, our Winters aren't too bad. But, the Summers, they are a total different story.....hot hot hot! The humidity here is what'll get you.

:)We had a blast in the snow :) Not that there was anything like what alot of u guys get but there was enough to build a snowman, have a snowball fight (even teenagers have a ball of a time chucking snowballs at their mum lol),and do a little sledging on the hill so all good :cool1:

Back to slushy roads now though :crazy2:
Yuck!

OOPS! Missed all these:

yeah I wish there was a snow day. We didn't even have a delay.:( We got maybe 1-2 inches. We got more snow last week- we did have a delay then.

Now they're calling for more snow for Friday UGH!!!! I hate snow on the weekends.

I'm going to a scrapbooking weekend on Friday. I only have to drive about 40 min away but with snow it could be a lot longer!! I hope if it snows it holds off til after 6.

And I have to say I can't handle these frigid temps.!! 7 degrees tonight-REALLY????

Thankfully, our Winters aren't too bad. But, the Summers, they are a total different story.....hot hot hot! The humidity here is what'll get you.

SNOW is a 4-letter word!

We were the only town in the area that had a 2 hour delay. When I went to bed, the forecasters were calling for 9+ inches. We woke to less than an inch!!! There was a bunch of confusion about when high school was supposed to start (10 am vs. 10:30 with the delay). 161 students were late! Not my son, thankfully.

:)We had a blast in the snow :) Not that there was anything like what alot of u guys get but there was enough to build a snowman, have a snowball fight (even teenagers have a ball of a time chucking snowballs at their mum lol),and do a little sledging on the hill so all good :cool1:

Back to slushy roads now though :crazy2:
Yuck!

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your little snowstorm. When was the last time you had some snow?

Keep safe and warm!

We didnt get any snow last year but 2011 was the coldest winter for 20something years! The snow was amazing and the River Lagan (main Belfast river) froze over. Very pituresque but nightmare if you actually wanted to go anywhere. My mum lives up the mountain and was snowed in both this year and last. Luckily she has great neighbours who dug her out (her house I mean:lmao:) and my sister who also lives up there brought her to her home to stay:)
All gone now though:sad2:

We didnt get any snow last year but 2011 was the coldest winter for 20something years! The snow was amazing and the River Lagan (main Belfast river) froze over. Very pituresque but nightmare if you actually wanted to go anywhere. My mum lives up the mountain and was snowed in both this year and last. Luckily she has great neighbours who dug her out (her house I mean:lmao:) and my sister who also lives up there brought her to her home to stay:)
All gone now though:sad2:

Sorry about taking so long to reply. I've been managing some mischief over on the FAQ.

2011 was brutal for us too. From December until early Feb, the boys had at least one day off each week due to a snow storm. Snowbanks on our driveway were so high I made people honk their horns as they were backing up because you couldn't see into the street.

We didn't have much snow last year, only day off we had from school was because of a storm on Halloween and the same thing this year. Two days off with Hurricane Sandy, but we haven't had a snow day yet, knock wood.

Hope the rest of the winter is decent for you!

Sorry about taking so long to reply. I've been managing some mischief over on the FAQ.

2011 was brutal for us too. From December until early Feb, the boys had at least one day off each week due to a snow storm. Snowbanks on our driveway were so high I made people honk their horns as they were backing up because you couldn't see into the street.

We didn't have much snow last year, only day off we had from school was because of a storm on Halloween and the same thing this year. Two days off with Hurricane Sandy, but we haven't had a snow day yet, knock wood.

Hope the rest of the winter is decent for you!

Fingers crossed this winter is kind to us both:)

Mickey waffles - what a great way to end your trip! Thanks for sharing the highs and lows. Hopefully, the highs outweighed the lows. Sounds like a family trip to Disney would be the perfect follow-up trip.

Fingers crossed this winter is kind to us both:)

Well, that jinxed me, I guess!

Nemo, Blizzard of 2013:

Actually, we were very lucky. Only 20-24 inches of snow and we didn't lose power or internet. Some of the coastal communities near us got hit pretty hard.

Mark stayed home on Friday and the kids were off from school Friday and yesterday.

P1130009.jpg

P1130011.jpg

P1130015.jpg

Mickey waffles - what a great way to end your trip! Thanks for sharing the highs and lows. Hopefully, the highs outweighed the lows. Sounds like a family trip to Disney would be the perfect follow-up trip.

The Mickey waffle was wonderful! Or at least the little piece that I had! I shared the one waffle with two other people.

The highs and lows were just about even, but I wouldn't have missed it for the world!

I know, I need to get the family there!!!

Glad to hear you're surviving Nemo. Love your snoy pics:goodvibes We are having non-stop rain and wind here! Yucky to say the least!

I definitely vote that you NEED a family trip to the world and the only person who perhaps needs it more is Ben (in unflattened form) :)

Hi! I haven't been Dis'ing much and thought I would catch up...well finish reading your TR. Even after all that I have read, I wish the school here did a trip like that.

The band is going to Busch Gardens, but not my son. He didn't pass the audition. :mad:

Thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter