• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

145 Middle Schoolers: Wicked Awesome or Epic Fail???DeParting-Such Sweet Sorrow p. 76

Thanks for the great TR Dee!! You do such a great job with all the details even if they were a little unpleasant. It sure is a completely different experience doing Disney on a school trip.

I will miss looking for a new update. Hope you have another trip soon so I have more to read.
Have a very Merry Christmas with your family!!

I have really appreciated you following along and also keeping us updated on all that is going on with you!!!

It was a fun trip to write about! I loved having a forum where I can vent about my fellow travelers!!!

Wishing a very Merry Christmas to you and your family too!

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us. I have to agree... 900 days is too long to wait for your next visit! ::yes::

Thanks so much for joining in on my trip!

Yes, 900 days is too long! I hope we get back to Disney sooner than that! This summer would be nice!

Just finished reading the end of your TR. I like how you put the high and low report, chaperoning is always interesting, but it does make for a memorable trip. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us, too bad you didn't have time to purchase a dry shirt prior to F.:surfweb:

Just finished reading the end of your TR. I like how you put the high and low report, chaperoning is always interesting, but it does make for a memorable trip. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us, too bad you didn't have time to purchase a dry shirt prior to F.:surfweb:

Thanks for reading along!

It was certainly an interesting trip, different than any of my past trips.

At least I was distracted from my sogginess during F! The shirt was not nearly as uncomfortable as the wet socks! ICK! But it was a good excuse to make a purchase.

I think I never heard a better description for that bus ride: Magical Depress!!!! So insightful! ;)

The trip surely had its ups and downs but I hope you got to enjoy it anyways.

That landing shot was so cool. Did anyone tell people to do that? Every now and then I still see people clapping after landing but this was a first.

See you!
Q

Hi Dee! I'm sorry to see your EPIC TR come to an end since following along with you and 20 boys has been such fun. Some of your adventures described as only you can are so hilarious! Glad to know that we may be able to have a "Wicked Awesome" trip part deux trip in 900 or so days! :upsidedow

Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

I think I never heard a better description for that bus ride: Magical Depress!!!! So insightful! ;)

The trip surely had its ups and downs but I hope you got to enjoy it anyways.

That landing shot was so cool. Did anyone tell people to do that? Every now and then I still see people clapping after landing but this was a first.

See you!
Q

I can't remember the first time I heard someone refer to the bus as the "Magical Depress", but it is a totally great description.

It was a different trip, for sure, but I'm so glad I went.

The kids were spontaneous with their arms in the air. It was pretty cool.

Hi Dee! I'm sorry to see your EPIC TR come to an end since following along with you and 20 boys has been such fun. Some of your adventures described as only you can are so hilarious! Glad to know that we may be able to have a "Wicked Awesome" trip part deux trip in 900 or so days! :upsidedow

Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

I'm so glad you enjoyed the report! Thanks for the kind words!

A very Merry Christmas to you and your clan, and a happy & healthy 2013!

Took me forever to finish, but I loved our TR! What an adventure!

Now I'm off to see what Flat Ben has been up to. :thumbsup2

Ahhhh what a great report! Loved the highs and the lows. A Mickey waffle is the perfect way to end a trip. I'll be back in 900 days to see if you do it again!!

Took me forever to finish, but I loved our TR! What an adventure!

Now I'm off to see what Flat Ben has been up to. :thumbsup2

Thanks for reading along! It was definitely a different trip than I am used to- a LOT more tension.

My husband read the report this past week- although we talked a little about the trip, he didn't comprehend all of the challenges I faced. His comment: "Well, that was not a very uplifting trip"

But it was. The kids had a great time! And in the end, that is really what counts.

Ahhhh what a great report! Loved the highs and the lows. A Mickey waffle is the perfect way to end a trip. I'll be back in 900 days to see if you do it again!!

Thank you for the nice comment! I thought a listing of the highs and lows would be a good summary of the trip.

I really haven't had enough Mickey waffles in my life. They are not available at the Beach Club, except at the sitdown restaurants, so I have mostly had them as part of buffets. And Mickey waffles just taste better than regular ones, as do most things that are Mickey-shaped.

Too soon for a ticker for Ben's class trip? :rotfl2:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
happy-newyear-images-1.png

Happy New Year, Dee!

Love the "Brave" caption - too funny! And yes, very appropriate! Also like the use of the voucher. While I agree it's not the best value on its face, it's highly festive! And your amazing lunch in the corner at Starring Rolls was absolutely priceless, so that has a significant impact on the overall value. (We enjoyed our visit there with Flat Ben while our boys looked positively crazy with their excitement over a photo in the corner!)

Funny about the crocs mission - that was so long ago and you know I appreciated the effort! After all our combined efforts to find those Mickey crocs last summer, it all turned out for the best because they cannot part from their merrell running shoes and keens. Those crocs were a lot less expensive, but oh well!

Happy New Year, Dee!

Love the "Brave" caption - too funny! And yes, very appropriate! Also like the use of the voucher. While I agree it's not the best value on its face, it's highly festive! And your amazing lunch in the corner at Starring Rolls was absolutely priceless, so that has a significant impact on the overall value. (We enjoyed our visit there with Flat Ben while our boys looked positively crazy with their excitement over a photo in the corner!)

Funny about the crocs mission - that was so long ago and you know I appreciated the effort! After all our combined efforts to find those Mickey crocs last summer, it all turned out for the best because they cannot part from their merrell running shoes and keens. Those crocs were a lot less expensive, but oh well!

Happy New Year to you and your family, too!

I'm glad that you enjoyed the story of my solo Starring Rolls lunch and that your family now refers to my spot as "Dee's Corner"

I did feel badly that I didn't find the info you were looking for about the Crocs. Guess I am better at handing out missions than completing them myself. :(

Thanks so much for following along with the report. I know you were interested in the specifics of a class trip to Disney, but I'm not sure you got quite the propoganda in support of a school trip. (Although truly, the issues I had on the trip were really about my traveling companions and NOT the actual organization of the trip itself)

Dee - Happy New Year! Just catching up on the boards after hiatus. I know it was months ago but so sorry about your mom.

Enjoyed the rest of your report. Also flat Ben is great Very fun!

Hope you are all well
Rebecca

Dee - Happy New Year! Just catching up on the boards after hiatus. I know it was months ago but so sorry about your mom.

Enjoyed the rest of your report. Also flat Ben is great Very fun!

Hope you are all well
Rebecca

Happy New Year to you, too! Hope 2013 is great one for you and your family.

I appreciate your words of sympathy.

Thanks for reading along. So good to see you posting again!

:goodvibes

Well Dee.... DH had his interview yesterday. It was a long day- 8:30-5:00 UGH!!! I don't know how he did it. Of course he had a couple of long breaks and a lunch hour.

Unfortunately we don't know much more at this point. My expectations were a little high. I thought they would offer him the job that day and at least discuss salary to see if it was something we would move forward on. But... no. Not sure.

He did say that it went well and everyone was fantastic. I just wish they would give him an idea of when they will be making a decision. It would be kinda good to know.... ya think??!!!!!!

He went to Fulton's Crab House for dinner last night and shopping in DTD. I was so jealous to say the least!!! He better have bought me something GOOD!!!!!!

Just wanted to give you an update. Oh did I mention it has been 82 degrees there the past few days!!!!!

Well Dee.... DH had his interview yesterday. It was a long day- 8:30-5:00 UGH!!! I don't know how he did it. Of course he had a couple of long breaks and a lunch hour.

Unfortunately we don't know much more at this point. My expectations were a little high. I thought they would offer him the job that day and at least discuss salary to see if it was something we would move forward on. But... no. Not sure.

He did say that it went well and everyone was fantastic. I just wish they would give him an idea of when they will be making a decision. It would be kinda good to know.... ya think??!!!!!!

He went to Fulton's Crab House for dinner last night and shopping in DTD. I was so jealous to say the least!!! He better have bought me something GOOD!!!!!!

Just wanted to give you an update. Oh did I mention it has been 82 degrees there the past few days!!!!!

Thanks so much for the update! I have been wondering about you and how things were going.

Sending you and him lots of good thoughts! Hope you hear soon so you can move forward with whatever you need to do!

natebenma said:
Thanks so much for the update! I have been wondering about you and how things were going.

Sending you and him lots of good thoughts! Hope you hear soon so you can move forward with whatever you need to do!

Thanks Dee, I appreciate that. :)

Dee, Just wanted to tell you that DH will be at the Pats game today. GO PATS!!!!!!

He was so bummed that he missed last week's game b/c he was in FL.

I think I would have rather been in 82 degrees weather... but hey that's me lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter