12/12/10 Podcast cruise 2.0

I LOVE the Earth Girl patch! Was that an earner?

And since there seems to be a few GS people around.... I'm looking for an older Junior Handbook/first aid guide, if anyone has one. I wish I'd kept mine.

Going to pay off the cruise and pre pay the gratuities tomorrow. Need to be able to schedule things at the 90 day mark!! Woo Hooo!!!!

Good feeling isn't it? I paid our gratuties yesterday.....one more thing done.

And since there seems to be a few GS people around.... I'm looking for an older Junior Handbook/first aid guide, if anyone has one. I wish I'd kept mine.

She did a recylcing project to earn that.:goodvibes

I think my GS handbook is packed away in the basement somewhere.:laughing:

What is 'older'? Seems like edition changes every couple years. Took my girls from brownie thru senior. But by the time they got to senior, things had really changed.

:rotfl:

:rotfl:

I waited to see what kind of response Paul would get.;) Lifelong GS here too! And I might have gone all squishy since then but I can still start a fire in the rain without matches! And break camp in enough time to get everyone home before kickoff!

As long as DH isn't around, breaking camp is easy.:lmao: Yes, he was a registered GS volunteer.

What is 'older'? Seems like edition changes every couple years. Took my girls from brownie thru senior. But by the time they got to senior, things had really changed.

Well, I was a junior GS ohhh, about 25 years ago..... that kind of older.:lmao:

I looked on Ebay yesterday after feeling nostalgic. I figure I'll look in the basement at my Grandpa's the next time I go home and see if mine's still around. It was just a great basic reference for stuff that I never really fully appreciated.

I'm still thinking about the cabana rental. Rumor is the $499 price will include a server, fluffy towels, fruit, water, snorkel, tubes and floats, bike rental, fresh water shower, and sunscreen for 6 people.....

Snorkel for 6 is $150, plus 6 bike rentals.... etc. It's interesting to me.

I'm still thinking about the cabana rental. Rumor is the $499 price will include a server, fluffy towels, fruit, water, snorkel, tubes and floats, bike rental, fresh water shower, and sunscreen for 6 people.....

If the rumor is true, that sounds like a good deal

Well, I was a junior GS ohhh, about 25 years ago..... that kind of older.:lmao:

I looked on Ebay yesterday after feeling nostalgic. I figure I'll look in the basement at my Grandpa's the next time I go home and see if mine's still around. It was just a great basic reference for stuff that I never really fully appreciated.

I graduated high school in 1974, so all my Girl Scout handbooks are older than that. I had Cadette handbooks (I think it was called "Let's Make It Happen") from then 1980's when I was a leader. I wouldn't be surprised if I finally recycled them while cleaning out Mom's house last year.

I do have my mother's GS handbook that is much older, a hard cover. Also have my father's old Boy Scout handbook.

Also have a bag full of patches that for some reason I can't bear to throw out.

Mornin' paid in full and Palo dinner secured. Now just got to get hunkering down on Fish Extender stuff.....

I graduated high school in 1974, so all my Girl Scout handbooks are older than that. I had Cadette handbooks (I think it was called "Let's Make It Happen") from then 1980's when I was a leader. I wouldn't be surprised if I finally recycled them while cleaning out Mom's house last year.

I do have my mother's GS handbook that is much older, a hard cover. Also have my father's old Boy Scout handbook.

LOL.... I have my pins- GS, gold leadership, lifetime, and leader- in my jewelry box here. I know my sash and the jacket(s) with my camp and cookie patches are in the basement at Grandpa's.... I know what you mean. I'll probably have those forever.:goodvibes

How cute is the server??;)

LOL.... I have my pins- GS, gold leadership, lifetime, and leader- in my jewelry box here. I know my sash and the jacket(s) with my camp and cookie patches are in the basement at Grandpa's.... I know what you mean. I'll probably have those forever.:goodvibes

Exactly. Girl Scouts was an important part of my youth. I was in great troops all the way through twelfth grade. Sometimes I pull out my badge sash and try to remember what I did to earn all those merit badges. Good memory exercise!

So cool, I always wanted to meet a Girl Scout - I was a Girl Guide (then they changed it to Guide). I have all my badges on my camp blanket - I also have a load of random patches there too. I'll have to take a picture :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter