• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

11 nights of QSDP w/PIX-I didn't have 1 burger!UPDTD Last day. Breakfast WPE

Great report so useful! I'm having a free quick service because I'm staying at Pop but I've upgraded to the Disney Dining plan. Having all this choices for QS it's amazing, thank you for the hard work!

Day 10
AK, Epcot, and MK

Today is our last full day at WDW and 2 of us hit 3 parks and my DM made it to 2. We have 26 SC to use and 14 CS left-will we use them all? Keep reading to find out. We are leaving about 5 p.m. tomorrow (day 11)

Since we are headed out to the parks early we ate some of our breakfast food in the room and headed out early. First stop…

ANIMAL KINGDOM
SNACKS
Harambe Popcorn and Kusafiri-Africa 10 a.m.

We actually arrived in the parking lot about 10 to 9. We finally made it at opening!

After riding KS we felt the urge for a snack. I mean it was almost 10 a.m. by now! We had breakfast almost 2 hours ago! Besides with 26 SC left to use in 2 days we really needed to use some.

DD wanted to get some glazed pecans so she and my DM went over to the Harambe Popcorn Kiosk where they have popcorn as well as glazed nuts ( also sodas, bottled water, and Bud Light) and got 1 pecan and 1 almond (I like both, but I like the almonds a little more). $3.79 each.

I got my DM and I a Cinnamon Roll, $3.19, to share and a French Vanilla Iced Coffee $3.99 for my DM from Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery located out front of Tuskers. I do miss Tuskers being a CS location.
Funny thing was that the CM taking the orders wasn’t sure if the Iced Coffee was a SC or not. I pointed out to him that it had the logo on the menu right in front of him but he still needed to verify it. He told me that he normally didn’t work this location. Anyway it checked out and he charged us for 2 SC. Total $7.50

There was a short line at Kusafiri-took awhile to order. Kusafiri is completely located outside. You order outside and pick up your order from the window.

The Cinnamon roll was good and my DM said the iced coffee hit the spot. I didn’t try it-I don’t like coffee, at all. The glazed nuts were good as always. We saved most of them to snack on during the day. So good!

wdw2011139-2.jpg

Display of bakery items at Kusafiri

wdw2011138-1.jpg

Kusafiri menu board- October 2011

wdw2011140.jpg

Cinnamon Roll and Ice Coffee from Kusafiri

wdw2011141.jpg

Glazed Pecans from Harambe Popcorn

Used 4 SC, 22 left! $16

Snack-Noon
Discovery Island-Garden Kiosk
(aka Safari Pretzel)

As we made our way over to Dinoland DD decided she wanted a frozen lemonade. We stopped at one of the kiosks on Discovery Island (Garden Kiosk according to receipt) and got one for $3.69. Again this was the slushie kind made in a machine. Nice and cold and sour. She loved it! We sat on a nearby bench and watched some of the local birds enjoying some popcorn while she enjoyed her slushie. A nice moment. :goodvibes

Used 1 SC $4

wdw2011267.jpg

DD and frozen lemonade

wdw2011263.jpg

From this kiosk

Here’s a few shots of snacks available using a SC in the store as you exit DINOSAUR! You can find displays like this in many locations throughout the parks.

wdw2011283.jpg

wdw2011282.jpg

We decided not to eat lunch at AK and use some SC at EPCOT at the F&WF as this was to be our last day in the parks. I know, I know, hard to believe it’s almost over!

END OF PART 1. PART 2 EPCOT UP NEXT. Snacks, snacks, and more snacks, and lunch!

Great report so useful! I'm having a free quick service because I'm staying at Pop but I've upgraded to the Disney Dining plan. Having all this choices for QS it's amazing, thank you for the hard work!

Lots of great pics and info in this trip report but thought I should mention that as of Jan 1/2012 the Continental CS meal at the POP is limited to 1 fruit, 1 pastry and 1 drink. The CM's even have a picture of the acceptable combination beside the registers and they were certainly sticking to it when I was there in February.

Lots of great pics and info in this trip report but thought I should mention that as of Jan 1/2012 the Continental CS meal at the POP is limited to 1 fruit, 1 pastry and 1 drink. The CM's even have a picture of the acceptable combination beside the registers and they were certainly sticking to it when I was there in February.

Good idea to point it out. During my trip they were allowing more flexibility using CS. This will definitely change the way we use our credits for breakfasts. We won't be using our SC for morning pastries and since you can no longer get 3 snacks for one CS we will mostly be eating our breakfasts in our room with items we pick up at Walmart.

Day 10, Part 2
Snacks and lunch

EPCOT

Snack-F&WF Scandinavia
2:00

While I was taking some photos of The Lotus Blossom menus DD went to the Scandinavian booth and got their Meatballs. She said she enjoyed them, she must have since I didn’t get a taste, or a photo! We all like the meatballs and gravy you get at IKEA. She said these were almost as good! LOL!

SORRY NO PHOTO-it was eaten before I had a chance!

KRINGLA

Late Lunch 2:20

DD was doing the KP mission (again,) so we decided to eat at one of MY favorite CS in WS. Kringla. Besides getting a great value for your CS credit, the food is very good. The sandwiches are made ahead but they put them in a grill (like a Panini press) to toast and heat them to order. For a CS you get a sandwich, side, dessert, and beverage. My DM let me do the ordering. I ordered their Club Sandwich, Roast Beef Sandwich ($10) Side Green Salad ($4), Fruit Cup ($3.39), Cloudberry Horn ($3.09), Rice Cream ($2.29), and 2 large Diet Cokes ($2.89).

Both sandwiches were very good. I liked the club sandwich a little more than the roast beef, but I would get either one again. The sandwiches are quite large. Both sandwiches were enough for the 3 of us to split. DD even said she liked the Club. The salad was a nice size with small tomatoes and sliced onions. The fruit cup was fresh and tasty. Both desserts were delicious. I love the Rice Cream. Not overly sweet. The strawberry mixture on top adds just the right amount of sweetness to the cream.

Kringlalunch2.jpg

Lunch at Kringla

Kringla doesn’t offer any inside eating area but the outside area is covered so it’s shady and will protect your from rain if it’s raining.

We will definitely return here, again, to eat and snack. BTW, the party in front of us wanted to custom order their sandwiches and the chef came out to discuss what they wanted, and didn’t want, on their sandwiches. I thought this was great (though it really held up the line! Ha!)

Total $32. 2 CS 12 left.

SOMMERFEST
Snack 3:45

As we made our way around WS doing multiple KP missions, DD decided she was a little hungry while we were in Germany so she decided on getting a Pretzel from Sommerfest. It’s a large pretzel with plenty of salt on it. We sat at one of the inside tables while she ate it. They have a small amount of covered seating here but be prepared for the smell of sauerkraut. It’s pretty strong. Luckily it doesn’t bother use. One of these times my DM wants to try their sausage with kraut. She loves sauerkraut!

DD enjoyed the pretzel but I think it’s been better. Was a little dry to me. Also needed more salt.

wdw2011341.jpg

1 SC used, $4.60 20 left.

KARAMELL KUCHE

Snacks to take home
4 p.m.

Since we are leaving tomorrow and I hate to scramble on our last day to use up some of our SC for treats to take home, we decided to visit Karamell Kuche to pick up some snacks to take home.

We, mostly I, selected 6 delights and 1 small bag of caramel corn. We got crispy caramel, 2 gourmet cookies, a couple caramels and a dark choc. Carmel with sea salt. We took most of these home. The caramel corn wasn’t fresh, read “Hot” (they were making a new batch) and we honestly didn’t care for it. It was no longer warm and it was very sticky. But not to let it go to waste we took it home and I crisped it up in the oven the day after we got home. It was much better. I would probably try this again but only when it’s freshly made. Personally, though, I make better caramel corn at home using leftover movie popcorn. So good!

wdw2011354.jpg

Caramel Bar-this was pretty good. We decided this should be eaten right away before the cookie part got soft.

wdw2011343.jpg

Goodies from the case.

7 SC used 13 SC left

FIFE & DRUM CAFÉ
More Snacks p.m.
4 p.m.

DD is a big fan of Icees and last year she had the American Dream from Fife and Drum. She definitely wanted to have one again this trip. It’s very pretty-red and blue smoothie layered with vanilla soft serve. $4 We sat inside the Liberty Inn in the nice air conditioning. It was a nice break in the day. DD loved the American Dream. I had a taste and it was pretty good. I find most of these Icee type drinks too sweet. The vanilla ice cream does help cut down on the sweetness. It’s a pretty big serving and DD wasn’t able to finish it all. As you eat it it turns to a very pretty light lavender color.

wdw2011352.jpg

DD and her American Dream at Fife and Drum

1 SC used, 12 left $4

END OF PART 1-PART 3 TO FOLLOW. OUR NIGHTTIME VISIT TO MAGIC KINGDOM (Pecos Bills and Main St. Candy Store) JUST DD and ME.

I have really enjoyed reading your thread and all the pictures. We have the free QSDP in June and this is giving me a lot of ideas of new places to eat QS.

I have really enjoyed reading your thread and all the pictures. We have the free QSDP in June and this is giving me a lot of ideas of new places to eat QS.

Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it. :goodvibes I'm almost done. Can't believe it's taken me so long to finish it. ;)

I've slowly been reading your report over the past few days. Thanks so much for sharing your reviews. I haven't ever done any of the dining plans. We have DVC and used the TiW card for our meals, plus we like the F&WF special events. However, based upon your report, the QS dining plan looks fantastic! It really makes me realize how many good CS places there are. Plus, the snacks! I rarely eat a snack at WDW, but would love to take some home to extend the trip! Thanks again for sharing your report.

Great reviews. I absolutely love the beignets at POFQ! So. Much. Powdered. Sugar. That stuff gets everywhere :laughing:

Kringla looks like a great place to have lunch. I must try one of those Cloudberry Horn in May!

I have so enjoyed your posts! It's a dreary Sunday and your reviews have brought such sunshine! Thx!:wizard:

Day 10 PART 3
MAGIC KINGDOM at NIGHT!
Late Dinner for 2.

Since it was our last day, DD and I wanted to go back to MK to end the night. She was hoping to get there in time to visit the Harmony Barbershop on Main St. to get her hair done again but we didn’t make it in time. (See my review of our Harmony Barbershop experience here) Since we had already done 2 parks today my DM decided to relax in the room. I don’t blame her. She actually does really well when you consider that she’s 72! Good genes!

We arrived just before Wishes started and the park was really crowded. We watched Wishes from the Train Station area and waited awhile for the crowd to disperse. We were headed up MS to Pecos Bills for a late dinner. It was like we were salmon swimming upstream. Almost scary crowded!

PECOS BILLS
Dinner (2nd time) 9:30 p.m.

Since we all enjoyed the Taco Salad here a few days ago DD and I decided to get it to share again along with Chocolate Cake, large Diet Coke and we used a snack credit for an order of Onion Rings. YUM! Once again we enjoyed the salad. We sat inside this time in one of the rooms off to the right and I was pleasantly surprised to find a toppings bar in here as well as the main one where you order. I replenished the salad once and it was plenty of food for DD and I. The onion rings were very good again. Seating wasn’t a problem since it was pretty late for dinner.

PecosBillsdinner.jpg

MAIN STREET CANDY STORE
Snacks for now and later
11:30 p.m.
It was time to use some more SC for snacks to take home. We got many flavors of fudge as well as 1 Mickey Peanut Butter Cup. One of the things that bothers me about the DDP is that so many of the candy items now cost $3.95. I can understand it for a large piece of fudge but the Mickey PB Cup wasn’t that large and I wonder how many they sell for cash, not a SC. When I finally tried it at home it was just okay. A Reese’s Cup is much better. And I love PB & Chocolate. Oh well. One less thing to use a SC on.

5 SC used, 6 SC left $21

wdw2011439-1.jpg

wdw2011438.jpg

Mainstcandy.jpg

Here are some of the (mostly fudge) candy we bought at MS Candy and took home.

Today was a big day for us in spending credits, mostly snacks. . We used 3 CS and 21 SC! We still have 11 CS left and now only 6 SC left. We are leaving tomorrow. We did save some of our CS to use for food to take on the plane to enjoy on our long flight(s) home. Hmmmm, what did we pick for our plane food? Stay tuned……

Used 3 CS and 21 SC
Left 11 CS and 6 SC
Total not spent $47 and $87 $15.50/CS and $4/SC

Mmmm, the fudge and cake pops look really good. Plus, it was nice catching up on your reviews and seeing such a wide variety of quick service choices - great reviews. :)

Mmmm, the fudge and cake pops look really good. Plus, it was nice catching up on your reviews and seeing such a wide variety of quick service choices - great reviews. :)

Thanks. :goodvibes I worked on my final postings last night and should have them ready to post soon. I have WPE for breakfast and Boardwalk Bakery and Earl of Sand. for lunch and meals to go. I also have a wrap up of the costs/value and my thoughts on the locations we visited and ones we have yet to try.

Stay tuned...

yep...i'm drooling! great use of all your credits! you are a pro :)

i'm like your DD - i love disney pizza. and that's saying alot b/c i'm from nyc...land of great pizza. maybe it's just the fact that i'm in disney that makes me like the pizza. :)

yep...i'm drooling! great use of all your credits! you are a pro :)

I'm like your DD - I love disney pizza. and that's saying alot b/c i'm from nyc...land of great pizza. maybe it's just the fact that i'm in disney that makes me like the pizza. :)

I like Disney's pizza too-but then I've from California-you know-the state that can't make a decent pizza-LOL!

In 2010 year we got a whole pizza from Everything POP along with 2 drinks and 2 desserts and enjoyed it in our room, for only 2 CS. Between the 3 of us we couldn't finish it. This year, hopefully, we'll do the same but at Art of Animation! :wizard:

Great review! My family has really enjoyed reading about your experience. Thanks for putting the time into it to share.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter