• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

11 nights of QSDP w/PIX-I didn't have 1 burger!UPDTD Last day. Breakfast WPE

popcorn:: This has been great! Thanks! We just changed to QSDP for May for our family..4 adults and a 12 dd too! We were a little hesitant, wondering if we would miss the 'bigger' meals like Teppan Edo, Chef Mickeys, and others, but with your pictures and ideas, we think it's gonna be great! We're always a little 'too' concerned with 'where we need to eat' and I think this way may be a little better for our family, and we can just go with the flow. And a question if I may ask? I'm a little confused about the continental combo, what's the benefit in doing that? Couldn't you all just use your sc for breakfast and get the same thing?

popcorn:: This has been great! Thanks! We just changed to QSDP for May for our family..4 adults and a 12 dd too! We were a little hesitant, wondering if we would miss the 'bigger' meals like Teppan Edo, Chef Mickeys, and others, but with your pictures and ideas, we think it's gonna be great! We're always a little 'too' concerned with 'where we need to eat' and I think this way may be a little better for our family, and we can just go with the flow. And a question if I may ask? I'm a little confused about the continental combo, what's the benefit in doing that? Couldn't you all just use your sc for breakfast and get the same thing?

Yes, you could but you would have to use 3 SC for the three items vs. 3 snack items for one CS. We wanted to make sure we had enough SC for the trip (and we did) and since we shared a lot of our CS meals I knew we would have plenty of them to use up. If I was paying for the DDP I probably wouldn't do it as it's not a great value for a CS but since we got it for free it was a different decision. And now that you only get 1 SC per day per person on the QSDP it may make more sense to use a CS to get 3 snacks. It all depends on how your family uses their credits.

Personally, I don't think using any credits for breakfast is a good value if you are paying for the plan. We do eat most of our breakfasts in the room with our own food but as our trip nears the end we always have credits to use up and that's when we will eat a few more CS breakfasts. On our last day (review to come) we had breakfast at WPE. It was very good but again not a good value if you paid for the meal plan.

Yes, you could but you would have to use 3 SC for the three items vs. 3 snack items for one CS. We wanted to make sure we had enough SC for the trip (and we did) and since we shared a lot of our CS meals I knew we would have plenty of them to use up. If I was paying for the DDP I probably wouldn't do it as it's not a great value for a CS but since we got it for free it was a different decision. And now that you only get 1 SC per day per person on the QSDP it may make more sense to use a CS to get 3 snacks. It all depends on how your family uses their credits.

Personally, I don't think using any credits for breakfast is a good value if you are paying for the plan. We do eat most of our breakfasts in the room with our own food but as our trip nears the end we always have credits to use up and that's when we will eat a few more CS breakfasts. On our last day (review to come) we had breakfast at WPE. It was very good but again not a good value if you paid for the meal plan.

:thumbsup2 Thanks so much! We had tentatively planned on using our sc for breakfast (the 3 girls), but we may just have to try out the continental combo! Thanks for this thread! Love all the ideas and pics!

Day 8
Oct. 15th

NON-Park Day

Contempo Café Breafkast
Wolfgang Puck Express Lunch
POP-Dinner

Contempo Café
Late Breakfast

Today being a non-park day we decided to use some CS for breakfast today. It’s not like we are going to run out-we still have 30 CS and 30 SC to use and we are only here for 4 more days. Since we liked Contempo Café so well for dinner we decided to go there for breakfast. We got there at 10:59 and just made it in time for breakfast! They stop at 11 a.m. Once again we used the touch screen on the kiosk to order. Couldn’t be any easier. We ordered 3 Bounty Platters. Bounty Platters come with scrambled eggs, bacon, turkey sausage, breakfast potatoes, French toast, and a biscuit. You could have all bacon, all sausage, or both. DD ordered hers with all bacon (3-4 pieces). DM and I ordered both. We got 2 bacons and 1 sausage. The sausage was a patty. You got 1 piece of French toast and 1 biscuit. The food was okay, but really just okay. :confused3The French toast wasn’t hot. The eggs and potatoes were and were okay. Basically I think we could have gotten the same meal at POP. Using CS credits for breakfast just isn’t a great use of credits, IMHO. We also got 3 beverages. The other night I wanted hot tea and couldn’t find the tea bags. So today I asked a CM where the tea bags were. They are in a cute little metal box located near the cashier. They kind of keep them hidden.

wdw2011048.jpg

wdw2011049.jpg

wdw2011050.jpg

3 CS used, 27 left. $36

Today we decided to do a little shopping. We went to an outlet mall and didn’t buy anything. But, hey, we’re pretty close to DTD and we are hungry for lunch. Where should we go? Wolfgang Puck Express, here we come! (why spend money on lunch when we can eat for free with just a short drive?)

WOLFGANG PUCK EXPRESS
Late Lunch

Since it was almost 3:00 WPE was basically empty. We ordered the Chinois Salad ($11), BBQ Chicken Pizza ($13), and DD got the Macaroni and Cheese ($11). It was nice weather-wise so we opted to eat outside in the covered patio. They give you a number and they deliver to your table. (almost makes it a TS) We got our sodas (serve yourself) and our food was delivered in about 5 minutes after we sat down.

DD loved the mac ‘n cheese but it was a pretty large serving so she only ate about ½. Definitely a shareable meal. It wasn’t your basic mac ‘n cheese. It was penne pasta with a blend of cheeses topped with bread crumbs, chives, and more fresh grated cheese. I had a few bites and it was very good. VERY! I would get this. ;)

The Chinois salad was also a large serving piled high on the plate topped with a lot of crispy wonton strips and green onion ribbons. There were cashews and of course chicken . The salad was my DM’s but I had a few bites and it was good. I’ve had better. I thought the dressing was a little too tart to me..

I had the BBQ chicken pizza which was also good but I thought the BBQ sauce (again) wasn’t sweet enough. The crust was nicely done. The BBQ chicken pizza at California Pizza Kitchen is better. But it was still a good pizza. Just not a great one.

The Crème Brulees were good. This time none of the sugar was burnt. :thumbsup2 DD got the chocolate brownie that was served in a plastic bag which made it easy to take along since she was full. When she finally tasted it later she said she didn’t like it much but I thought it was good. Nice and chocolatey. She thought too chocolatey (how is that even possible?) But then she has only recently started liking chocolate.Like I said I liked it but then it was no Crème Brule.

wdw2011069.jpg

mac n' cheese

wdw2011070.jpg

wdw2011071.jpg

wdw2011072.jpg

wdw2011073.jpg

3 CS used, 24 left. $62

EVERYTHING POP
Late Dinner

For dinner we decided to eat dinner at POP for the first time this trip. Since we had such a late dinner we ate close to 9. Being Saturday, Mom’s night out Special (served 4:30-10 p.m.) meal was fried chicken. You got a breast and a leg, mashed potatoes, vegetable (green beans), and corn bread. We had to wait a few minutes for more chicken to come out. I like white meat but you couldn’t substitute the pieces. That’s okay, I can eat a chicken leg if I need too. In my experience Disney’s green beans aren’t that good so we opted for double mashed potatoes. My DM got the same meal.

DD decided on the Chicken Penne Alfredo ($8.49). She got a nice size serving of penne Alfredo with a large breaded piece of chicken. DD liked the pasta and the chicken. I tasted them both and they were good. I liked the pasta sauce and the noodles weren’t over cooked. the chicken was nicely cooked and tasty.

DM and I both enjoyed the fried chicken. Juicy and crunchy.:goodvibes The breast was very big. Pretty much enough for me. The mashed potatoes and gravy were good. Nice and hot. The cornbread was good. Not your overly sweet or cakey type, more dense. As my DM says “Real cornbread, not that cakey kind!”. DM and I didn’t eat all of our dinner but we still had dessert! 3 Ice Cream Sundaes. We got 3 bottled beverages to take back to our room and used our mugs at dinner.

3 CS used, 21 left

This was a big day for using CS, especially since we didn’t go to a park. We used 9 CS today. We didn’t split any meals, though we didn’t eat all our food either!

I need to find the receipt for POP. I'll put the cost in soon as well as the value per credit for the day.;)

wdw2011035.jpg

wdw2011036.jpg

wdw2011038.jpg

Great review. Love the pictures and details. Thanks so much for including prices.

Thank so much, your post are great. Planning on taking advantage of the free dining and which will hopfeully begin tomorrow. Hamburger and chix nuggets is not our idea a vacation eating. THANK YOU!

Yes, they still have the frozen chocolate covered bananas on a stick.
awesome! frozen banana and churros are the only two things i remember eating at disney (land and world) as a kid!!!!
so looking forward to introducing them to my girls on our fall trip!!!

Your report is making me hungry. I keep taking note of small things I want to remember to try this fall. :yay:

Yeah, another update!

Day 9
Oct. 16th
Blizzard Beach day
POFQ for Dinner

Once again we had a Continental Combo for breakfast. 2 turnovers, 1 croissant. See previous posts for photos.

1 CS used, 20 left.

Today we went to Blizzard Beach. We really enjoy both of the water parks at WDW and it’s one of our favorite destinations. We did TL earlier and this time did BB. Just wish they would build one by Disneyland!

Lottawatta Lodge
Lunch

wdw2011008-2.jpg

We ate lunch just before 2 at Lottawatta Lodge which is the main CS location at BB located closest to the entrance. The building is really cute-looks like a ski lodge up at the mountains. They have most of your basic meals here but they usually offer a few different items. A few years ago we got the Club Salad here (actually over a few years) and it was always good. They no longer offer it. :confused3So we opted for a Chicken Caesar Salad ($8.19) and their Tuscan Turkey Sandwich (8.99) for DM and I to share. DD decided on the Pepperoni pizza (7.29). We got 2 fruit cups and one Chocolate Cake (3.59 each) and 3 large Sodas ($2.89). Just like at TL the drinks have no lids or straws. It does make the larger cups a little harder to carry since they don’t have the lids to make them less flimsy. You may want to bring your resort mugs to transfer your drink to. In the past we have gone to Sam’s Club and then we’ll use their Styrofoam cups at the waterparks.

The turkey sandwich (described as a hot Turkey and Pesto Sandwich with Provolone Cheese, Marinated Tomatoes & Pesto on a Tuscan Roll) served with Apple Slices or Fries was pretty good. We opted for the apple slices so we could eat them later. The cheese was melted on top of the turkey. The turkey was your basic deli-sliced processed turkey. I didn’t see any evidence of marinating on the tomatoes but then I don’t eat sliced tomatoes and gave my DM all of them. The roll was nice and crusty.

The pizza was your basic Disney pizza. Not too large and tasty enough. I think they should serve the pizza with a salad like they do at many of the theme park locations now. Makes it more of meal-you know, with the added veggies. Seems healthier at least.;)

wdw2011308.jpg

The sandwich tasted better than it looks in the photo.

wdw2011307-1.jpg

Chicken Caesar salad, Pepperoni Pizza, Turkey Sand, Choc. Cake, 2 cheesecakes, 3 sodas

Used 3 CS, 17 left. $45 or $15/CS

Frostbite Freddies
Snack

Frozen lemonade, orange pineapple smoothie 5:11 p.m.

So DD loves frozen lemonades and I promised her she could get one as we were leaving. We had stopped by at FF on the way to lunch and asked what time they closed. She told us they stay up a little past closing time (5 p.m.). This location serves the frozen lemonades ($3.69) that are more like slushies not the rock hard ones in the cardboard cup. DD loved it. I tasted it and it was nice and sour. We also got an Orange Pineapple Smoothie $4.19 for DM and I to share. It was very good. Unlike the ones we have gotten at TL this one had a nice consistency-the machine does all the work for them.

I forgot to take a photo of the drinks, sorry. Funny thing was as I was taking the ones of the CM making the drinks she thought there was lightning due to the flash. It was pretty funny.

2 SC used, 26 left. $8

DD usually gets a Snow Ball at BB but it was closed. She was bummed! Me too since it's a SC. I peeked inside and it was completely stripped out-nothing was inside. Also I spoke to a manager type standing around (I was mentioning that TL has fried shrimp but BB doesn't) and he mentioned that next year they during the slower season they may close Avalunch and open the Warming Hut.

End of Part 1. Part 2, Dinner at POFQ up next.

I've officially joined in! And I must say, that all your reviews are awesome - fantastic job! Even though my family doesn't use the QSDP, you have given me some great ideas for CS places and for snacks. Thanks! :goodvibes

Thanks so much for the reviews - we just booked at Pop during FD (and F&W :goodvibes) and you have been super helpful convincing DH that we CAN do WDW on the QSP :thumbsup2

We are here at WDW now, on free QSDP and trying some of your recommendations. For our snack today we shared a huge hot fudge sundae at the Boardwalk Sweet Shop, and ate a fantastic dinner at Wolfgang Pucks at Disney Marketplace...what a wonderful meal..we intend to go back again!!

It pays to read your thread and do your research so you can maximize the value of the QSDP!!

Day 10 cont....
Port Orleans French Quarter (POFQ)
Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory
Dinner

wdw2011020-1.jpg

We have stayed at POFQ in the past and it’s one of our favorite mods. We decided to go there for dinner and see what they offered (besides beignets for dessert, of course!) We ate fairly late, about 8:15 so the place was pretty empty.

wdw2011017-1.jpg

I had read about the “Salad your Way” $9.99 and we decided to give this a try. You get a huge bowl of salad, with your choice of toppings,as well as chicken or shrimp. Let me check the photos to remind me of your topping choices….okay, we got lettuce, soy beans, cucumbers, chow mein noodles, tomatoes and carrots for sure. And of course-shrimp. She put 2 HUGE scoops of shrimp on top of the already large salad. You also get your choice of dressings. There were more topping choices available, I just can’t remember what and I didn’t take a photo of the salad bar. Only excuse is that our trip is winding down and I started forgetting to take photos. :laughing:

In this instance the salad was larger than the one shown on the menu board. :thumbsup2

wdw2011008-3.jpg

Shrimp Salad Your Way and 1/2 Chicken at POFQ

My DM and I also decided to share (along with the salad) the Pot Roast $9.99. My DM has always loved the one they serve at the 50’s PTC. Well, let me tell you this was as good, or better! REALLY. The meat was flavorful and tender-you didn’t need a knife to eat it. It’s served with mashed potatoes and beef gravy, corn, and corn bread. Everything was very good. I would get this again.

wdw2011007-1.jpg

DD decided to get their Fried Chicken $9.69. It was served with the same mashed potatoes, corn, and corn bread as the Pot Roast. (Surprised it was beef gravy instead of chicken but it still tasted pretty good) Unlike the fried chicken at POP, which was only a breast and a leg, this was a full ½ chicken! And that was one large chicken. (I would hate to run into one that big in an alley!) The seasonings were good. Not spicy even though they looked spicy. Not as crisp as the chicken at POP but every bit as tasty. I think the breast and wing were one piece and so were the thigh and leg. Needless to say DD wasn’t able to finish all of it. We helped her a little and this is something I would order again. But to share, not to eat alone.

While I was waiting to get our salad the CM was helping 2 men from Louisiana. They asked about the gumbo and the CM gave them a sample. They said it was very good, and being from Louisiana they knew gumbo. I asked if it was spicy and they said it was a little. I was thinking of getting some but my DM doesn't care for anything too spicy so I decided not to. The CM was very nice and helpful-offering up the sample.

We got 2 bottles of juice and DD grabbed a juice box from the cooler. Sometimes she likes to be a kid again!

For dessert we had to get the beignets, $2.99, of course. 3 orders of 3. We went back and got them after we finished our meals. I asked from them to be a little more cooked than usual, and they came out nice and puffy and golden brown. So good and so messy! I think traditionally they are supposed to be nice and soft but I like them a little more well done. If you get them to go and they put them in a styrofoam container I suggest opening it up right away so the heat doesn't soften them up. I like the way they serve them at Ralph Brennans at DTD at Disneyland. They put them in a bag with powdered sugar. You just shake them up to cover them with powdered sugar.

Beware, these are very messy to eat! The powdered sugar will go everywhere.

wdw2011010-1.jpg

You can choose from many of the bakery items for your dessert (or a snack)

wdw2011013-2.jpg

3 CS used, 14 left (and only 2 days!) $45 or $15/CS

Today we used 7 CS ($99 ) and 2 SC $8. Total for the day not spent $108.

On the way out we stopped so I could take a photo of my DM and DD with the fountain in the lobby. I started taking ones of DD here the first time we stayed there. :goodvibes

wdw2011022-1.jpg

My DD and DM.

This report is winding down-only 2 more days to go! Next up Day 10. Animal Kingdom, Epcot, AND Magic Kingdom!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter