• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

11 nights of QSDP w/PIX-I didn't have 1 burger!UPDTD Last day. Breakfast WPE

This is it! Our last day at WDW. Since we don’t have AP we won’t be visiting a park today. Our flight is leaving around 5 p.m. so we usually just spend the day around the world, eating, and buying things to eat-you know for on the plane. Direct flights home are about 5 hours. We have a connection so we are looking at about 7 to 7.5 hours.

Day 11-OUR LAST DAY! So Sad!

Since we weren’t that happy with our breakfast at Contempo Café earlier this week, and we figured that the breakfasts at POP we the same (we have eaten breakfast previously at POP and have not been impressesd), we decided to return to one of our favorite CS-Wolfgang Puck Express, Marketplace. There always seems to be conflicting information about whether WPE takes DDP for breakfast but we had seen a sign on the counter on a previous visit that let you know what was included with a DDP credit for breakfast.

We arrived just before 10:30 and the place was pretty empty. My DM opted for the Spinach and Mushroom & Cheese Omelet ($11) and DD and I both ordered the Belgian Waffles ($9). WPE has 2 omelets (the other is 3 Cheese and Tomato) and at $11 they are the priciest of the breakfast meals. At $9 the Belgian Waffle or Chocolate Chip Waffles are the cheapest entrée. They also offer a Smoked Bacon Pizza that sounds interesting ($10). I think I may try that next trip. There are a total of 7 breakfast entrees. So not a lot of choices but I’m sure everything is tasty!

Breakfast is served at WPE from 9-11 a.m. Lunch and dinner from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. For breakfast you get an entrée and beverage with a CS credit. For Lunch or dinner you get an entrée, beverage, and dessert.
Once again we lucked out and got to sit in the area by the kitchen. Our food was delivered quickly-about 7 or 8 minutes from when we ordered-everything is made to order.. The omelet was served with potatoes and the waffles were served with fresh fruit-bananas and strawberries, with whipped cream and warm maple syrup. I really hate soggy food so I ordered our fruit and whipped cream on the side. If you get it on your waffle they make a pretty design on your waffle.

WPEOmelet-2.jpg

Spinach, Mushroom, & Cheese Omelette at Wolfgang Puck Express, DTD

WPEWaffles-2.jpg

Belgian Waffle at Wolfgang Puck Express, DTD

The food was good, very good. The waffles were done nicely-crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. The omelette was exceptionally good! Cooked just right and delicious. My DM let me have a few bites and I agreed with her-it was very good (and I’m not a huge fan of cooked spinach). So were the potatoes. Nicely seasoned and served hot. My DM enjoyed the omelet so much that she actually went up to the kitchen and asked to speak to the chef. She thanked her for the entrée and told her it was the best omelet she had ever eaten. My DM has never personally thanked a chef before. DD and I had refillable soft drinks and my DM had coffee. She said the coffee was good-I took her word for it.

wdw2011470.jpg

My DM thanking the chef for her omelet.

wdw2011465.jpg

What's included with a CS

In total our meal would have cost $36.97 (before tip) So about an average of $12.35 per meal. Pretty high for a breakfast so a good use of a CS credit considering it was breakfast. But if you want to maximize your credit value you would still do better getting lunch or dinner. An average lunch/dinner with dessert and beverage would run about $25-twice the cost of breakfast.

Used 3 CS, 8 left. $37.00

We returned to POP to checkout (late checkout 1 p.m.) and took some photos around the resort. Finally took a photo of DD next to her sign, 1999, which was located all the way at the end. Here she is showing her disappointment in her sign “As the year 2000 approaches with a wink; and a smile, the world awaits Y2K and prepares itself for the various challenges” She felt cheated! LOL! (Remember when so many people were worried that bad things would happen-maybe even planes falling out of the sky? :rotfl:)

wdw2011534.jpg

Huh?

We utilized the Airport check-in and sent our luggage on it’s way (I LOVE airport check-in at the resorts-so nice to not have to haul our luggage from the rental car to check in at the airport.

We made one last visit to EVERYTHING POP on our way out. I wanted to take a few more photos-funny thing but overnight the electronic menu signs had been replaced (temporarily) with menus printed on cardboard. DD said a CM told her they were having problems with the new menus and had to remove them to get them fixed. The new (temp) menus didn’t have any DDP logos on them.

END OF PART 1-PART 2 TO FOLLOW BOARDWALK AREA.

More good reviews again.

There must have been something more happening in 99 than people panicking about 2000! :)

Can't wait for the second part and your recaps.

Breakfast looked yummy!
Funny about the sign. My DS13 has been looking forward to getting his picture with the sign next time we go. I don't think I'll tell him what it says; especially since mine has the opening of WDW/MK on it. ::yes::

Thanks for the great quick service reviews! :goodvibesWe are doing the quick service plan at Pop this fall and you have given me some great ideas I would not have thought of. Pasta at the contemporary and breakfast and Wolfgang Pucks look especially good. :goodvibes

I have been enjoying reading your review! You really know where to go for QS!! That fruit bar @ TL looks soo good my DS would be..... :cloud9: too bad TL will be closed when we go this year. =(
Oh & ....I was there the exact same week you were & guess what?? I got the sore throat as well!! I still trucked along but next trip I'll get my flu shot well in advance!! :lmao:

I just got back from 10 nights on the QSDP and didn't have a single burger either, we did have fries a couple of times but also had some amazing salads, sandwiches and salmon several times. Really enjoyed it!

We did eat way more than we would have eaten if we had to pay for it though, the total 'not spent' at the end of ten days was crazy, we would have probably spent about half of that.
Thank you for free dining! :cool1:

Wolfgang Pucks Express is simply divine...we did two dinners there and upon seeing your photos wish we would have done breakfast too!! Definitely the best value for CS credits!!

Love your reviews and pics!

Wolfgang Pucks Express is simply divine...we did two dinners there and upon seeing your photos wish we would have done breakfast too!! Definitely the best value for CS credits!!

Love your reviews and pics!

we had dinner/lunch there 4 times in 10 nights ;-)
twice I had the salmon and twice the spicy chicken pizza, cheesecake was so yummy

Just happened to find your report and have loved it! We're doing the QS plan for the first time this fall - we've always done the regular plan. But I agree with your DM - I really, really didn't want to have to schedule my days around our meals again!

We knew we'd be able to do the QS plan without having to eat burgers every day, but you've pointed out several options I hadn't thought of. I have to admit that I'm taking some notes. :) :) And I'm glad to see that it's like I expected - you were able to share many meals wtih your DM, which I'm sure DH and I (or even DD, who is now an adult in Disney's eyes) will be able to do. Our kids never seem to be able to keep an eating schedule at Disney, so we end up using extra meals/snacks to supplement what they refusted to eat at lunch/dinner. :headache: So sharing will be a good option for us.

Anyway, thanks for all the great info! Looking forward to reading the last bit!

I have loved reading this report. It's so nice to see all of the options available for counter service credits! :thumbsup2

Am I missing where the very last post is? I only ask because I am very curious about things people bring home/ use as plane food ect. . . I need to know what to do with extra QS/CS credits so I was very curious about the things you had stated you brought home. Wonderful thread!!!

Am I missing where the very last post is? I only ask because I am very curious about things people bring home/ use as plane food ect. . . I need to know what to do with extra QS/CS credits so I was very curious about the things you had stated you brought home. Wonderful thread!!!

True, that last post never showed up! :confused3

I loved reading through this dining report! :thumbsup2

We're doing the QSDP in January for the same 11 nights (not Free Dining, but Stay/Play/Dine also allowed us to get the QSDP with a huge discount!) but just 1 SC per day. :(

Several of the places mentioned here were already on my list like WPE, Sunshine Seasons, Pecos Bill, CHH... Some others I was considering and now will surely go like Cookes of Dublin. And some I didn't even know about and now I'm super excited to try, specially the beignets at POFQ! :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter