• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

10/20/2013 Disney Magic Miami Double Dip

I booked my airfare on Tuesday. 4.5 days at WDW precruise, cruise and 4 days at WDW post.

tlcoke said:
I booked my airfare on Tuesday. 4.5 days at WDW precruise, cruise and 4 days at WDW post.

Boy, you do it RIGHT!!! It's our first cruise with our little one, so we didn't allow for any park time. Hopefully he loves it and does really well, but you just never know.

Anybody want to start throwing out ideas for a name for our cruise? I was thinking something simple that highlights the first-post-dry-dock sailing, or the double dip. Or both, if someone is clever enough. Thoughts, anyone?

Only thing I can come up with is something like "Cruising the Reimagined Magic to CC squared" (with squared being superscript 2, but I cannot get that to work here for the life of me!). I'm a writer, but coming up with taglines and slogans? Forget it! LOL

I just pulled up my pre-arrival guide from the DCL website for our cruise...not sure if this was firmly addressed by anyone here (I do remember there being a question about it on Facebook, but my lousy phone is having issues with service right now and I can't log onto FB from work), but Pirate Night is finally listed in the guide as Nassau day/night. That works with me!

Hi! I just booked this cruise last night (wish I had done it earlier!) for my husband (Shane, 40), daughter (Savannah, 11) and myself (Jennifer, 39). This will be our second Disney cruise and I am really excited about two stops at CC! We live in Central Florida, so going to the parks is a regular (i.e. weekly) event, but taking a cruise is a rare special occasion. I am counting this as a 40th birthday gift to both Shane and myself a a midway point between our birthdays!

I haven't told Savannah about the trip yet and am debating if I should or just surprise her with it. I'm not very good about keeping secrets from her, so I don't think I could pull off a "hey we are going on a cruise!" the day of surprise. Not to mention she is an obsessive planner and keeping it a secret might be taking away some of her fun! :-) I do know that she and I will be doing the 5K on at least one of the Castaway days (Shane will sleep through that!).

I'm looking forward to cruising with you all!

Hi! I just booked this cruise last night (wish I had done it earlier!) for my husband (Shane, 40), daughter (Savannah, 11) and myself (Jennifer, 39). This will be our second Disney cruise and I am really excited about two stops at CC! We live in Central Florida, so going to the parks is a regular (i.e. weekly) event, but taking a cruise is a rare special occasion. I am counting this as a 40th birthday gift to both Shane and myself a a midway point between our birthdays!

I haven't told Savannah about the trip yet and am debating if I should or just surprise her with it. I'm not very good about keeping secrets from her, so I don't think I could pull off a "hey we are going on a cruise!" the day of surprise. Not to mention she is an obsessive planner and keeping it a secret might be taking away some of her fun! :-) I do know that she and I will be doing the 5K on at least one of the Castaway days (Shane will sleep through that!).

I'm looking forward to cruising with you all!

Welcome aboard! :goodvibes

Welcome aboard!!!

Thank you so much! Very excited to see the new additions to the Magic! The Aqua Dunk looks cool, but terrifying! I'm curious about the changes to Parrot Cay and what the menu will be.
Can I ask opinions from past cruises about Palo? I'm thinking of making reservations for hubby and I (I know DD would have fun being on her own for a night, or even ordering her own room service!) but I'm not sure if the menu from Palo thrills me all that much, but reviews I have read make it sound awesome! Any thoughts?
Thank you!

Thank you so much! Very excited to see the new additions to the Magic! The Aqua Dunk looks cool, but terrifying! I'm curious about the changes to Parrot Cay and what the menu will be.
Can I ask opinions from past cruises about Palo? I'm thinking of making reservations for hubby and I (I know DD would have fun being on her own for a night, or even ordering her own room service!) but I'm not sure if the menu from Palo thrills me all that much, but reviews I have read make it sound awesome! Any thoughts?
Thank you!

I would choose Palo Brunch! There is something for everyone and its not as stuck on Italian cuisine.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thank you!

We absolutely love Palo dinner! It's a must on every cruise. Prior to becoming vegetarian, my favorite entree was the Beef Tenderloin Palo with gorgonzola sauce. Now I'm a huge fan of the gnocchi, which is fabulous! The antipasto dish is wonderful, and for appetizers I love the plum tomato with fresh mozzarella. When it comes to dessert, I have to say I'm not the biggest fan of the Chocolate Souffle; I much prefer the Chocolate Indulgence. It's really a wonderful meal (and evening!).

We just put in our requests today for Palo brunch and Palo dinner, both on day 3. We wouldn't miss Palo for anything!!! Worth every penny and more, even for a fussy vegetarian like me!

How do you decide what day to reserve Palo? What do you consider? EvaSue you reserved the 3rd night which I would think would be one of the MDRs. How did you choose that? Thanks!

I spoke to a CM about what the possible dining rotations are, and there are three. The one I liked best was CLAAC. Since semi-formal night is night 3, I wanted Palo for that night. This way we are all dressed up and headed for fine dining. Also, this puts us in Animators palate for pirate night which seems like fun! We also won't have to miss any of the MDRs this way. There are several good ways to swing it, this was just the one that worked to my particular favorite tastes. :)

Crud! We were thinking about night two (which worked best for us), but that means missing a dining room. Ugh. Ok, now I'm going to have to replan, and just book a late Palo meal and eat an appetizer in the dining room on one of the evenings.

My one word to the wise would be to make sure you know what your dining rotation is before booking. The three potential rotations are:
LACCL, ACLLA, CLAAC.

I spoke to a CM about what the possible dining rotations are, and there are three. The one I liked best was CLAAC. Since semi-formal night is night 3, I wanted Palo for that night. This way we are all dressed up and headed for fine dining. Also, this puts us in Animators palate for pirate night which seems like fun! We also won't have to miss any of the MDRs this way. There are several good ways to swing it, this was just the one that worked to my particular favorite tastes. :)

Ooohhhhh I like that rotation..... Think I may have to request it ;) Two nights in Caricoa's and two in AP.... Yes......

No Palo dinner for us; we are planning on it for night 2 on our 2-night B2B (ending 7 nights on the Magic). We are planning on Palo brunch for this cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I talked with concierge on Monday mainly about getting a cabana for each day at Castaway Cay. After that the concierge convinced me that I should do Palo brunch on day 3 since that was sea day. I wasn't even planning on Palo, but thought what the heck, why not.

I didn't even think to ask about dining rotation. Guess we will just go with whatever they give us. On night 3 we may not even eat in the MDR because we aren't sure how much suitcase space we will have since we are doing WDW after the cruise. Also, we don't really have any semi-formal clothes to speak of. What we do have is winter stuff.

Boy, you do it RIGHT!!! It's our first cruise with our little one, so we didn't allow for any park time. Hopefully he loves it and does really well, but you just never know.

Don't worry, we will just stick the two boys together! They will have a great time!

Palo brunch is a huge point of turmoil for me because there are way too many items that I want to eat than there is room in my tummy, haha... Palo dinner is DELICIOUS, but there are only so many items that are vegetarian-friendly, and the portions are small enough that I don't get gorged. Palo brunch I can eat about 3/4 of the menu, and about 3/4 of it looks freakin awesome.

I went ahead and asked for CLAAC too. I wasn't going to request one since we are new but that one really appealed to me. I'm going to try Brunch as well but not the dinner so we don't miss the MDRs.

I think for spa's I will just wait and see how I feel once on board. I'll probably at least do the rainforest room.

I'm still debating one cabana or two. I've asked for both. But I'm not sure of it makes more sense to only do one and spend the extra day doing whatever.

I don't think we will do any excursions. Atlantis looks super cool but the hubby isn't in to water parks and we have access to Disney ones all year long anyway. So we will probably just wander Nassau. As for CC, we've seen a bazillion sting rays at sea world (still love them though. They are such cool creatures) and sadly my youngest will be 3 months too young for jet skis or parasailing which are the two things we were interested in.

Am I missing anything else?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter