10/20/2013 Disney Magic Miami Double Dip

Goodness gracious, did anyone see the post of complaining about the new stateroom announcement? Talk about a buzzkill! I think they look great!!

I know! I don't get it? :confused3 As far as I'm concerned, no matter what changes they make, a week in a DCL stateroom is ALWAYS going to be better than a week at home in your own room. :thumbsup2 :laughing:

Goodness gracious, did anyone see the post of complaining about the new stateroom announcement? Talk about a buzzkill! I think they look great!!

I thought I was the only one taken aback by that! My only hope was for new bedding/linens and updated upholstery. DCL is doing both of those...and exceeding that expectation! Color me happy!

My eyes just kept getting wider and wider...... But I guess a lot of bored people need something to complain about. The hot issues seem to be split beds being removed......and connecting doors being added.

Not to mention the fact that DCL is being accused of "misrepresentation" by saying that the rooms will be more "spacious" by removing a bench from the rooms and changing the bed.
I believe that's a matter of opinion.......if they change out the bed with the newer platform version, and you stow your luggage underneath, then your previous "luggage" corner of your cabin is now free and VOILA!...... More spacious..... No one is gonna rain on THIS parade. Besides..... We'll all be FIRST, and we will post all about our brand new, nice, Egyptian cotton, single mattress, raised platform beds being GREAT! Right!!??

What really cracks me up is how so many people seem to think that this is a financial ploy from Disney to rip off the customer. I am 100% positive that the bed frames, mattresses and linens on the new class ships are far more expensive than the pushed together twin beds on the magic. I can tell you firsthand that Disney spares no expense on the ships. There is no secret conference room where a bunch of pot bellied suits sit around a table twisting their mustaches and hatching evil plans to trick the customers into thinking that they are getting their moneys worth. Disney Cruise line puts the customer experience first, and the ships are designed to be luxurious.

Makes total sense Eva, to US..... But the subject seems to getting bigger and bigger and pretty snarky! Funny how a video that was meant to bring excitement to upcoming cruisers turned out to be a source of negativity with the "Peanut Gallery".
Absolutely no offense to anyone here who is unhappy with the changes, but I for one am happy with ANY upgrade involving a brand new mattress and linens.
I even got excited when I saw the concept for the Concierge suites! We will have a room decorated in shades of purple and Violet. Sooo pretty.
In the end, I'm sure everyone will enjoy the new beds and hopefully the majority will be happy with the newly upgraded cabins!

I spent the afternoon sewing & crafting my FE gifts. Getting excited!!!!!!

I'm super excited about all the changes! Can't believe people are complaining. Silly thing but, do you think they will add the auto in the kids areas?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I'm super excited about all the changes! Can't believe people are complaining. Silly thing but, do you think they will add the auto in the kids areas?

I'm not understanding...... What "auto"? What am I missing? LOL

I'm not understanding...... What "auto"? What am I missing? LOL

Those gadgets where the kids stick their hands in the hole. They look cool lol

Eta: sorry I meant the auto hand washing thingies. The stupid iPad auto corrected and clipped off my word >:/

Those gadgets where the kids stick their hands in the hole. They look cool lol

Eta: sorry I meant the auto hand washing thingies. The stupid iPad auto corrected and clipped off my word >:/

They are cool! I asked the CM if I could try it on our 1st cruise on the Fantasy and it was awesome! Water, soap, rinse all in one cycle!!! So amazing!!! My DD washes her hands on the way out, too (it's only required to be done on the way in).

We are also totally excited about the changes & improvements. No negative nellies here!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I just read this and it makes me nerves about FE now.....

4/19/13: The following letter is from Disney Cruise Line and will be placed in guests' staterooms in the next couple of weeks:

Dear Guests,

We are glad that you have joined us aboard the Disney (Choose Ship)!

As you may be aware, it is important to us to keep our facilities looking their best for all our guests. As part of our commitment to this area of focus, we ask that you do not affix anything to your stateroom door utilizing tape or any adhesive, including removable gel adhesives. We have found that these adhesives damage the finish on our stateroom doors; therefore we ask that you limit door decoration to those of the magnetic variety.

Concurrently, we ask that guests not use over-the-door hanging organizers as they have been found to scratch and/or disfigure stateroom doors and trim.

Guests found with damaged doors are assessed a $100 damage fee per incident to cover the cost of repairs.

Your attention to this matter will greatly assist us in keeping our shipboard environment looking ship-shape. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Guest Services, Deck 3 Mid-ship.

If interested, magnetic door decorations are available for purchase in our merchandise area. For your convenience, magnetic strips are also available at Guest Services.

We appreciate your cooperation and hope you have an enjoyable sailing.

Sincerely,

I just read this and it makes me nerves about FE now.....

4/19/13: The following letter is from Disney Cruise Line and will be placed in guests' staterooms in the next couple of weeks:

Dear Guests,

We are glad that you have joined us aboard the Disney (Choose Ship)!

As you may be aware, it is important to us to keep our facilities looking their best for all our guests. As part of our commitment to this area of focus, we ask that you do not affix anything to your stateroom door utilizing tape or any adhesive, including removable gel adhesives. We have found that these adhesives damage the finish on our stateroom doors; therefore we ask that you limit door decoration to those of the magnetic variety.

Concurrently, we ask that guests not use over-the-door hanging organizers as they have been found to scratch and/or disfigure stateroom doors and trim.

Guests found with damaged doors are assessed a $100 damage fee per incident to cover the cost of repairs.

Your attention to this matter will greatly assist us in keeping our shipboard environment looking ship-shape. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Guest Services, Deck 3 Mid-ship.

If interested, magnetic door decorations are available for purchase in our merchandise area. For your convenience, magnetic strips are also available at Guest Services.

We appreciate your cooperation and hope you have an enjoyable sailing.

Sincerely,

This isn't referring to FE. What they are talking about is passengers using tape and such to stick things to the outside of their doors. Magnets are the only thing allowed on the doors.
Also, they are talking about the over the door organizers that we hang on the bathroom door inside our cabins. I always take an inexpensive shoe holder to organize things, and hand it on the door to the bathroom. They have hooks, and it scrapes the doorframe when you try to close the door all the way.
The FE holder is hung on the Fish that is already mounted outside your cabin, on the hallway wall. Completely different. Not to worry......

This isn't referring to FE. What they are talking about is passengers using tape and such to stick things to the outside of their doors. Magnets are the only thing allowed on the doors.
Also, they are talking about the over the door organizers that we hang on the bathroom door inside our cabins. I always take an inexpensive shoe holder to organize things, and hand it on the door to the bathroom. They have hooks, and it scrapes the doorframe when you try to close the door all the way.
The FE holder is hung on the Fish that is already mounted outside your cabin, on the hallway wall. Completely different. Not to worry......

Thanks for clearing that up. Back to being excited!!!

They are cool! I asked the CM if I could try it on our 1st cruise on the Fantasy and it was awesome! Water, soap, rinse all in one cycle!!! So amazing!!! My DD washes her hands on the way out, too (it's only required to be done on the way in).

We are also totally excited about the changes & improvements. No negative nellies here!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I know it sounds dumb but I've never seen one and they look so neat. I doubt they will announce, "Hey, we are adding hand washers!" But I'd love to know lol. Do you all think they will?

I'm getting so excited as well! I'll be paid in full this coming Friday!!

I'm guessing they will add the hand washers, they're such a hit. PIF date for concierge booking is rapidly approaching, I am not ready!!! Happy Tuesday, everyone!

Paid the cruise and are days at WDW in full yesterday. Now I just have to wait to book cabanas.

Paid the cruise and are days at WDW in full yesterday. Now I just have to wait to book cabanas.

Congrats! My PIF date is a week after we come back from Aulani! EEEEK! I don't think I'll make it, so I'll,probably pay it off at the 91 day mark so I can book stuff before the 90 day passengers. I should be fine... All I need is Palo.... Which is never a problem.

I'm guessing they will add the hand washers, they're such a hit. PIF date for concierge booking is rapidly approaching, I am not ready!!! Happy Tuesday, everyone!

I hope they do :D

I just paid ours off last weekend. Super excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter