10/20/2013 Disney Magic Miami Double Dip

Hello Everyone,

My name is D'Yanna. I just booked this cruise yesterday. I'll be traveling alone with my 9 year old daughter Jaiden. I just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully we can meet some new friends. We're not interested in any Fish Extenders or anything, I just wanted to say hello.

Welcome! I have a 9 year old Jayden as well!

Hello Everyone,

My name is D'Yanna. I just booked this cruise yesterday. I'll be traveling alone with my 9 year old daughter Jaiden. I just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully we can meet some new friends. We're not interested in any Fish Extenders or anything, I just wanted to say hello.

Welcome!!

What department?! I'm a former cast member. :) Entertainmet.

I'm a Technical Business Analyst for MyMagic+. MagicBands, FastPass+, Park Kiosks, etc....we develop all the technology behind it.

Okay, I have a few questions about tipping so I can work out how much actual cash I need.

1. When tipping room service, do I need one's or can I sign off on the tip? I've read conflicting stuff. I don't want to carry a big wad of one's, but I don't want to stiff anyone a tip either.

2. Does Nassau accept American money or do we need get to exchange? I assume we need cash for there.

3. What about Palo? When you tip, can you sign off on the KTTW card or do I need cash?

4. Anything else I need actual cash for?

Here are my answers:

1. You can add your tip right to the room service bill, so there is no need to have a big wad of 1's anymore. However, I did have to educate my daughter to this a couple of years ago though, and showed her how to add the tip on the bill.

2. Yes, Nassau accepts U.S. cash and the majority of places in town take credit cards.

3. Palo, no cash. Just add the tip to your bill. They will ask for your KTTW card, put on the cost and then there is a space for tipping. Of course, if you are platinum, they will still ask for your KTTW card, put the bill will be zero and then there is still a tip line for you to tip and then sign.

4. No need for cash really, you can use your KTTW card anywhere on the ship. Sometimes I will have cash with me and when I haven't used it I go to Guest Services and put on my stateroom charges, then I don't have as big a bill charged to my credit card.

Hope that helps!

:thumbsup2

Okay, I have a few questions about tipping so I can work out how much actual cash I need.

1. When tipping room service, do I need one's or can I sign off on the tip? I've read conflicting stuff. I don't want to carry a big wad of one's, but I don't want to stiff anyone a tip either.

2. Does Nassau accept American money or do we need get to exchange? I assume we need cash for there.

3. What about Palo? When you tip, can you sign off on the KTTW card or do I need cash?

4. Anything else I need actual cash for?

It has been my understanding that the only time you need cash while on board is when tipping room service. All other tips should be handled through your on board account/key card.

I've used my credit card and cash in Nassau. Depending upon where you are and what you're buying I can see a case for either. I wouldn't take a large quantity of cash off in Nassau unless I intended on spending it.

Anyone call yet to see what movies they will be playing on our cruise?

Anyone call yet to see what movies they will be playing on our cruise?

Yes. Trying to remember them all off the top of my head.

Iron man 3
Avengers
Planes
Lone Ranger
Brave 3D
Finding Nemo 3D
Tangled
Frankenweenie
Wreck It Ralph

I think I'm missing one. I'll check when I get home.

Yes. Trying to remember them all off the top of my head.

Iron man 3
Avengers
Planes
Lone Ranger
Brave 3D
Finding Nemo 3D
Tangled
Frankenweenie
Wreck It Ralph

I think I'm missing one. I'll check when I get home.
I figured for certain they would have had The Little Mermaid 3D. My baby girl just got this for her birthday this past Saturday and she has already watched it 4 or 5 times! Thanks for the list. Maybe that is the one you couldn't remember...she would be so excited to know she gets to watch it on the big screen!

I figured for certain they would have had The Little Mermaid 3D. My baby girl just got this for her birthday this past Saturday and she has already watched it 4 or 5 times! Thanks for the list. Maybe that is the one you couldn't remember...she would be so excited to know she gets to watch it on the big screen!

Nope. It was Monster's University.

Hmmm... I wonder if my magnet sheet decorations will still work on the concierge doors, or if they're changing them to be like the Dream/Fantasy doors, which I hear require stronger magnets?? I'd be so bummed if my decorations went bust!

Hi Everyone

Shari and I (Ken) will be joining you on the cruise. It's been way to long since our last cruise (May 2011). So we are really looking forward to this one.

See you all soon!

Ken

Hi Everyone

Shari and I (Ken) will be joining you on the cruise. It's been way to long since our last cruise (May 2011). So we are really looking forward to this one.

See you all soon!

Ken

It will be great to sail with you and Shari again. Looking forward to a fun time.

Pete & Faith

Her engines have started and I think she's gettin' wet tomorrow!!! She's out of dry dock on 10/10!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi Everyone

See you all soon!

Ken

Looking forward to seeing you and Shari again!

Yikes! I just boxed up my FE's & they take up their own suitcase........my hubby is gonna flip! Oh we'll, my kids are going to love it!

dyannac said:
Hello Everyone,

Hi D'Yanna,
My husband is a castmember we just booked on Oct 4th and our gratuities are included in our price. We bring extra cash for tipping drivers but he says the stateroom keeper, dinner assistant, dinner server and dinner lead server are included. It's this your first cruise?

TheBeadPirate said:
Anyone else?:rolleyes1

Roll Call

2MC/mc2- DH DW Dchild 8 Dchild 6 Dchild 2 DW Dad/Mom, DH Mom

AladdinsPrincess- 10th cruise

amandajunebug- Amanda Mom-Cheryl DH-Andrew DS3- Rowan

angelztreazurez- Angela, Mark, Angelina(celebrating 11th bday)

Bjbr354- self-Barbie DH

Bonniec- DW DH DD19 DS19 DS7 1st cruise

bonzie1- Georgie, Joe

CFALCON614-

chrissycassie- Chrissy DH-Jeremy DS11-Austin DS8-Aiden DS4-Mason

collectoraholic-

Coriebella- DNiece6, DAunt, DCousins- Girls Trip!

CONNIEOSCI- Connie, DDad-Frank

Coriebella

discoverydepot- DW DH42 DD15 5th cruise

Disneysince1982- Barbara, DH, DD18, DD and DD's DH

donaldseeyore- Teresa, DH Sean

Doom Kitty- first Disney cruise!

EvaSue- Eva33 Von30 Elliot2.5 Elliot's 1st cruise

first timers- Alex, Carolyn

godisneyfrommd- DH-Mike DW-Katie DS-Tyler

hamilton04- Kara, DH-Jeremy, DD8, DD6, DD4

hamilton04 firends- Melissa, DH-Nick, DD11, DD6, DS3

iloverags2- Cindy, Russ

IndigoMickey- Anni

Janis

jeanigor- last silver cruise

jjnshane- DW- Jennifer 39 DH- Shane 40 DD-Savannah 11

jpoul7844-Joe, Tonya, DS13, DD11, DS6

kellym506- self DDad DSis DBIL DNephew8

ksinglet- Kelly DH- TrevorDD9- Jayden DS3- Carsen

Lainey321- Leslee DH- Steve DD15-Camille DD10- Chapin

Luliemouse- self DH

madmaxmom2- DW, DH, DD10, DS7

margaretstahl- Margaret, DH- Jack, DGD- Julianne

marr family- Krissie, DH-Jared DS6- Jackson DD4-Allie

McDonald5-self, DH, DD8, DD6, DS4 + Mom&Dad-Jeff & Karen

Mickey&JoshNut- Elaine

MickeyFan23- Justin, DP-Robert

mickeycruisemaniac- Cheryl, DH, DS14

nilolet-

NolaCindy- Cindy DH- Gerald

nschaper- Nikki

olenalt- self, DH, DD2

phoenixleigh

PiratePrincess421

rnhager07- DW, DH

Seaulater- Linda

Silverfox97/ssanders79- Emily, Scott, DD6.5

Sinderelly- Kathy, Jim

singhsongs- Melissa DMom-Jocelyn DS7-Hayden

SparkyPluto- DW DH

stefanospops- DH DW DMIL DS8 DS6 DD4

SucalT-

taylor3297- DW, DH, DD10, DS6

TheBeadPirate- Lori DH-Rick

threewilmingtonwalls- DW, DD7, Friend & DD7

tlcoke- Tracey

tmoor- Tarina DH DD3

travelgal2- Tracey

WeLuvDCL- Dawn DH DD5 DS9mos

wgeo- Gina DH-Wes DS10-Ethan DD8-Olivia First Cruise!

whitfive- Michelle

wildel1021- Ellen DH- Mike

Yensidfan- Pete, Faith

ZoneOrr-

Silver CC
Gold CC
Platinum CC

Please add our family to Roll Call if possible.

I'm Kimberly 35, husband John 32, Natalie 10 & Valerie 20months from Orlando, FL
3rd Disney Cruise

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter