10~13~13..Diana & Bob VR..Plans Subject to Change ;)Update Post #1

DisneyBride'03

<marquee><font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang</mar
Hello all....we are approaching our 10 year anniversary...just wondering if anyone has had experience with VR's and would like to share their experience:goodvibes

I didnt know about the DIS til 4 years After our wedding:eek: I had so much fun planning our Escape wedding, I wish I could have shared all the planning here!!

Its even More fun to look at our pricing back then!! lol Back then the max was 15 people....we had 20 and paid an extra $500 I think!

We were married at Sunset Pointe...Poly...would LOVE to use our DVC at Aulani..doesnt that make total sense??!!:banana:
However, hoping GF DVC would be ready by then:rolleyes1..thats where we stayed during our wedding week.

We thought, or I thought perhaps DCL but still perusing around this board.

Thanks for any comments:bride::goodvibes

From 2003:

BobDiWedding_069.jpg

BobDiWedding_035.jpg

Yes it rained!!! A little...

BobDiWedding_018.jpg

BobDiWedding_007.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I started this thread with the intent of learning a few things about Disney's Vow Renewals...or as I texted to my DH last night Bow Renewals....maybe that is why he agreed?! lol

So as the title of this thread has changed...and I am beginning to think about this event...I thought I should share a few things about DH and I..as that appears customary here:)
Just as Angie and Brad have their catchy name...so do we ...DiBob...feel free to refer to us as that in the future ;) lol

I will attempt to give a Cliff Notes version of the highlights of how I came to be DisneyBride'03....and in 2013...DiBob X 2....

Once upon a time there lived a girl named Diana...she knew her Prince Charming existed...somewhere...but where? She had kissed a few frogs and marriage was not a friend to her.....In a far away land named San Diego...she met Bobby, as he was known then...
Could it be? Over the next 2 years their love grew as high and wide as the distance between them....Diana had children...Bobby did not...Bobby loved children and wanted a family...After a trip to Big Sur, Diana found a shiny ring on her left hand...A celebration was to be planned...but where...when...? There could only be one place....where the children and Diana...ok...and Bobby would love to celebrate...The Happiest Place on Earth....On June 28, 2003 they became a family....and had a familymoon...Three years from that special day, Princess Ava was born. It had been quite some time since they had visited the Happy Place, so a trip was planned...Diana knew once Bobby saw Ava in this Happy Place, how could he deprive his little princess of future visits??
Welcome Home...
After enjoying many visits to the Happy Place thanks to the magical club...time has passed.....Ava continues to ask why she is not included in the photos from that special day long ago....her mother, not wanting to deprive Ava of a special celebration at the Happy Place, realizes their is a time in the near future....there can be another celebration..a Renewal of sorts....Ava's older sister and brother are teenagers now, and await to bask in the joy...all over again....

Thats our story!

Hi sweetie. Congratulations on your upcoming 10 years and VR!!
We had our VR in May at the Swan/GF (Citrico's) and TOTWL at BLT. We then had a TTD session at the Poly. It was the best day of our lives and I would advise anybody who has thoughts about renewing to just go ahead and do it!!!
Please feel free to check out my PJ/TR and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I am only too happy to help!! Happy planning!!

Hi sweetie. Congratulations on your upcoming 10 years and VR!!
We had our VR in May at the Swan/GF (Citrico's) and TOTWL at BLT. We then had a TTD session at the Poly. It was the best day of our lives and I would advise anybody who has thoughts about renewing to just go ahead and do it!!!
Please feel free to check out my PJ/TR and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I am only too happy to help!! Happy planning!!

HA! I did a search and found your thread earlier today:goodvibes
Thanks!!!

Hi there,

I am in the process of planning a VR for our 10th anniversary. We are at the Save the Date, room block, almost ready to sign the Letter of Agreement phase. :cool1:

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I have a planning journal as well.

BTW, what Chicago subarb are you in? I lived in Naperville for 5years, Aurora for 2 and then 1 year in Chicago. I graduated from UIC in 1993.

Have fun with the planning.

Hi there,

I am in the process of planning a VR for our 10th anniversary. We are at the Save the Date, room block, almost ready to sign the Letter of Agreement phase. :cool1:

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I have a planning journal as well.

BTW, what Chicago subarb are you in? I lived in Naperville for 5years, Aurora for 2 and then 1 year in Chicago. I graduated from UIC in 1993.

Have fun with the planning.

Hi! Thanks for posting! I am going to visit your PJ!

We are still , or I am still plotting if this is what we want to do....well I want to:thumbsup2 We have a non Disney cruise Spring Break of 2013 already...to Caribbean and our port is New Orleans:goodvibes
Our anniversary is June 28....(Our DD5 was has same bday!)..so too hot! And for some reason that month didnt even show in the drop down box on the site!

I would love Oct when F & W is going on, I have lots of friends there that time too!!
I do not want something too extravagant...

So technically I am 2 years out...lol...

We are in Lockport!! SO exciting...Save the Date...I was able to get down to Disney March of 03, bought Poly postcards and used those for Save the Dates...then I had a bunch of GF postcards....and sent those out on our 1 yr anniv thanking everyone for coming....and in March of 03
I was able to grab park maps etc and sent out to all the guests..
But things are so different now and so much more elaborate !!!:worship:

Have fun planning, and congratulations!!!! Cant wait to read about YOUR plans!!!!:cloud9:

I'm sorry for the mini hijack of your thread, I was hunting for info/tips for our 10th Anniversary this Dec. I just had to say my hubby graduated from Lockport Township High School in 1998.

I had considered doing a VR, but we decided against it, but I am still looking for some little bits of magic. We won't get to travel until January, but this will be the honeymoon we never got.

I'm sorry for the mini hijack of your thread, I was hunting for info/tips for our 10th Anniversary this Dec. I just had to say my hubby graduated from Lockport Township High School in 1998.

I had considered doing a VR, but we decided against it, but I am still looking for some little bits of magic. We won't get to travel until January, but this will be the honeymoon we never got.

Small world! WALT was right! lol I have a senior and a freshman at Central!

Congrats on your 10th!!! And enjoy your trip! We actually had a familymoon since I had my children from previous marriage in 03!! But thats why we got married in DIsney...we made it about all of us.
However now...I want that honeymoon! What was I thinking?!:lmao:

Ok....so as I entertained this thought today...I never thought I would return to this thread I created, kind of on a whim.....that my husband said YES! to a VR at Disney!!!!

Its been a long while since I brought this up to him....it didnt appear it was something he would be interested in!
But I just texted him at work earlier, and said Save the Date.....10/13/13

he said what are we doing on your birthday? DVC Hawaii?

I said no..renewing our vows at Disney...He said...sounds like a great idea...!!! ????!!!!!

(Our anniv is 6/28..did it once....hot, threat of rain at any moment...HUMID no thanks:) ALso DD5's bday:) )
End of Sept/Oct is F & W....lots of friends are usually at WDW...and the it will be Columbus Day weekend that year...so extra day off school for my kids.
Rates/DVC points more reasonable this time of year....and I just liked the date...10/13/13

So YES! I guess I will have to save the rest for a Planning Journal!

Hi DisneyBride,

Just popping over to say "Hi" :)

I had a very similar reaction from my Hubby, and was just as surprised that he agreed to it so readily :)

We are doing it the other way round to you, we had a wedding that was just about us and our VR will be about the whole family :thumbsup2 We want to celebrate being together for 25 years and the beautiful family we've been so lucky to create together in that time :love::grouphug::love:

Can't wait to hear more about your plans

Best wishes
Gertiesquidge

Hi DisneyBride,

Just popping over to say "Hi" :)

I had a very similar reaction from my Hubby, and was just as surprised that he agreed to it so readily :)

We are doing it the other way round to you, we had a wedding that was just about us and our VR will be about the whole family :thumbsup2 We want to celebrate being together for 25 years and the beautiful family we've been so lucky to create together in that time :love::grouphug::love:

Can't wait to hear more about your plans

Best wishes
Gertiesquidge

Congrats on 25!! That is wonderful and how fun for you to be planning your VR!!:cloud9: Sounds lovely!!!

Well...as still shocked as I am to DHs reaction...lol...I dont feel that I can get what I want with DFTW unless they change things within the next 2 yrs!!!

I had an Escape DFTW in 2003....I do not need an Escape VR in 2013..lol

We are DVC so do not want to stay 4 nights and pay for a room...I already did Sunset Pointe...and the other locations I am not too crazy about...would prefer something at AKL/AKV:cloud9:
WIll have more than 6, but less than 20 guests.....

I really just want a little sweet ceremony with family and friends...cake and champagne...some floral...some music...and then a nice dinner somewhere..

SUrprisingly enough for me, nothing over the top...:scared1:

I had my DIsney wedding...just want something IN DIsney for our 10 yr anniv...so I may look into Swan and Dolphin...but was really looking for an AKL theme....:confused3 Luckily there is ALOT of time....

Hello all....we are approaching our 10 year anniversary...just wondering if anyone has had experience with VR's and would like to share their experience:goodvibes

I didnt know about the DIS til 4 years After our wedding:eek: I had so much fun planning our Escape wedding, I wish I could have shared all the planning here!!

Its even More fun to look at our pricing back then!! lol Back then the max was 15 people....we had 20 and paid an extra $500 I think!

We were married at Sunset Pointe...Poly...would LOVE to use our DVC at Aulani..doesnt that make total sense??!!:banana:
However, hoping GF DVC would be ready by then:rolleyes1..thats where we stayed during our wedding week.

We thought, or I thought perhaps DCL but still perusing around this board.

Thanks for any comments:bride::goodvibes
Just trying to change the title...forgot how to do..lol

Ok...I am going to play....DH did agree...but not sure what he agreed to...lol..and besides, I cannot make any plans so far out!!!!

What I do know for sure.......as of now....

*I/We want a VR at Disney...(its about us, I keep forgetting:lmao:)

*Would prefer fall as do not want a repeat of a summer wedding at WDW

*Love my date, as its Columbus Day weekend, extra day off of school for the kids
*10/13 is my birthday....(or anniv of my 39th!):laughing:
*Lots of Jamborini's usually travel at this time of year for F & W :goodvibes
*Do not want Sunset Pointe location...again....thought of Auluni, the real Poly, but who is going to fly there to see Bob and I to say I Do...again...?! lol
*Would love something simple....sweet little ceremony with family and friends..
*Dinner at Jiko for closest friends...or something comparable...definately want AKL/AKV involved in some aspect!
*Swan/Dolphin an option....best friend will have more Starwood points by then:rotfl2:

******************************************************\
Did speak with a DFTW "person"....or as I called her...the CM at the Wedding Gate....you have to go through her before you get in...LOL..She was awesome and we had some laughs...and said Dec of this year they may release new info/intel....
By Jan of 2012 I can speak with someone and see what kind of options/plans are available, and if I like them!!!

Stay tuned.....:goodvibes

Can't wait to read more of your plans!! The 2 years will fly by!!

Well I cant wait to have some plans...:laughing: I guess I could start posting our background and our DFTW in 2003!!!! I never had a PJ for that!

I still have all my wedding stuff packed away, including the contract..lol I think it was $2100 ...and we had to pay extra cause we exceeded the 15 people....

Maybe some photos too.....since I wont have any plans for awhile!!!!

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary and upcoming vow renewal celebration- both are precious!! I love seeing your wedding pictures. 2003 seems like it was just yesterday! The last picture is especially gorgeous!

Can't wait either...need to see how to scheme to get Mark to agree to one! :rotfl:

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary and upcoming vow renewal celebration- both are precious!! I love seeing your wedding pictures. 2003 seems like it was just yesterday! The last picture is especially gorgeous!
I wish the DFTW prices were like yesterday:goodvibes:laughing:

Thank you so much!! It did rain lightly during the ceremony and photos...it could have been worse!!! We took all our guests to the Luau after drinks at the Poly...so I was happy there werent storms, cause I had NO idea what to do with 21 people!!!
Everything sounds great so far :thumbsup2 Just keep us posted :goodvibes
Thanks so much! I peeked on your PJ!! You are so cute!

Can't wait to hear more!
More...more...more......! You know I use to help plan weddings years ago...in the 90's....almost went into business....so my creative thoughts have been busy all day.....ask Laura how many texts she got today:rotfl2: You were lucky my friend:laughing:

Can't wait either...need to see how to scheme to get Mark to agree to one! :rotfl:

Its all about the scheme...isnt it?! :lmao::thumbsup2 Hey, once you bring him to ours....;) I am going to design this event....the way I want...the way DH would like..:rolleyes1 I mean , cmon, I already planned it on my birthday:lmao:

I wish the DFTW prices were like yesterday:goodvibes:laughing:

Thank you so much!! It did rain lightly during the ceremony and photos...it could have been worse!!! We took all our guests to the Luau after drinks at the Poly...so I was happy there werent storms, cause I had NO idea what to do with 21 people!!!
Thanks so much! I peeked on your PJ!! You are so cute!

More...more...more......! You know I use to help plan weddings years ago...in the 90's....almost went into business....so my creative thoughts have been busy all day.....ask Laura how many texts she got today:rotfl2: You were lucky my friend:laughing:

Its all about the scheme...isnt it?! :lmao::thumbsup2 Hey, once you bring him to ours....;) I am going to design this event....the way I want...the way DH would like..:rolleyes1 I mean , cmon, I already planned it on my birthday:lmao:

:hyper: Text, did somebody say text?!!! :crazy:

You have the fastest fingers I have ever seen!! :laughing: I couldn't even read them fast enough, let alone try to reply!!! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter