• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

1/26/2013-Fantasy-Eastern including Puerto Rico

I sure hope we get more energetic on this board the closer the cruise gets::wave2: i am so excited about this cruise:jumping3: I have worked on my FE gifts today:flower3: and planed on my cruises. I have never been on a pre-cruise meet group before :confused3 mabe this is normal and I am the the one that is not :rotfl2:

Some roll calls are just dead in the water - pun intended! ;)

Some can be very lively. The only really lively one I've ever had was on a 12 night Baltic Seas cruise, though.

That said, my husband's parents want to take an Alaskan cruise with us and they're hoping for next summer. Husband says if that happens we "can't" take this cruise, because of $$. I'm frustrated, because as he said this, he went ahead and spent a bunch of money on something... so I'm not sure he gets to dictate what we can't spend money on if I don't get a say! ;)

Sarbah77- Sorry to hear about your frustration. hope things work out for you. We may just have to liven things up on here ourselfs:lmao:

I sure hope we get more energetic on this board the closer the cruise gets::wave2: i am so excited about this cruise:jumping3: I have worked on my FE gifts today:flower3: and planed on my cruises. I have never been on a pre-cruise meet group before :confused3 mabe this is normal and I am the the one that is not :rotfl2:

I am overly excited as well :dance3:. I kind of lurk on here several times daily to see if things are picking up (since this is my first pre-cruise meetup as well). I am gathering ideas for an FE but I kind of don't want to start making them until I know what I am up against (# of rooms etc).

Compared to the one I was on for the same time frame in 2011, this one is pretty lively! :goodvibes

I too check frequently, so maybe we just need to all start posting instead of lurking (says the queen of lurking). :rotfl2:

Ha, okay, fine... so let's come up with some way to get us chatting!

What's your FAVORITE food on the ship? Or, if you haven't been before, what are you most looking forward to?

I didn't know we could get Mickey bars via Room Service, so I'm looking forward to that (if we get to goooooo. Husband!). My waistline probably isn't! ;)

What's your FAVORITE food on the ship? Or, if you haven't been before, what are you most looking forward to?

I didn't know we could get Mickey bars via Room Service, so I'm looking forward to that (if we get to goooooo. Husband!). My waistline probably isn't! ;)

Thanks for posing a question Sarbah!!!

The chocolate souffle from Palo was my favorite. I am a little embarrassed to say that after the Palo dinner, I couldn't decide if I wanted the chocolate or white chocolate sauce, so I had one of each :scared1:

Here's another question for everyone to consider: Have you decided if you are flying in a day or two early and if so, are you staying at WDW, Port, Airport, other?

We were going to do a night at WDW, but were afraid it would just be a tease. We are coming in one day early and staying at the Residence Inn at the port.

Well it will be 8 1/2 years since our last cruise (and vacation :scratchin) so I am really looking forward to any food that I don't have to cook :lmao: I am super excited not to have to go to the grocery store, plan meals, cook them or do dishes :thumbsup2

Thanks for posing a question Sarbah!!!

The chocolate souffle from Palo was my favorite. I am a little embarrassed to say that after the Palo dinner, I couldn't decide if I wanted the chocolate or white chocolate sauce, so I had one of each :scared1:

Here's another question for everyone to consider: Have you decided if you are flying in a day or two early and if so, are you staying at WDW, Port, Airport, other?

We were going to do a night at WDW, but were afraid it would just be a tease. We are coming in one day early and staying at the Residence Inn at the port.

We live up in Wisconsin so we are flying in the day before just in case there is a freak snow storm (not like that would EVER happen up here :rolleyes2). I think we are going to stay in the Residence Inn too! I am just trying to work out the logistics since my family is flying in from NJ.

We're flying in a day to a day and a half early, because I'm always worried about weather. In the winter, it's snow, in the summer, it's storms.

But I think we're going to stay near the airport. Last time, we did stay on property and went to Epcot, but we're thinking that Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure MIGHT be the ticket. Then we'll just take the DCL shuttle over, since it's just two of us.

Definately the truffled pasta purses from AP on their rotational menu. Those things are the best.
Also, looking into checking out the goodies in the concierge lounge.

No clue if we will fly or drive down. We'll be staying at our house behind MK. Not sure how much extra time we'll spend, have to check out DH's vacation schedule and see how many days he has left that aren't accounted for yet. His vacation calendar runs May 1 - April 30, so it gets tricky at times keeping track of his weeks/days.

Yes, we can see the fireworks. That was my main reason for buying back here. We clocked it one day, we are 2.2 miles from the Contemporary parking lot. Love hearing the trains and boats all day. My DD calls me a dork for loving to hear the train whistle, but she likes in too but won't say it. LOL! Some days we can even hear the cars on the race track at the other side of the MK parking lot.
It's a lot of fun down here. DD just got hired at WDW, working at the new Art of Animation Resort. Next week will be her first time going there to work, she's had training at Disney University which is 2 minutes from our house.

WOW.... I am so excited to see everyone talking instead of lurking :thumbsup2 I thought that there was nobody on here :rotfl2: :idea:I would take on the responsability of gathering peoples names and info for our FE until somebody that knows how to organize and put together a FE group signs up for our cruise.
I think that may help us figure out how many FE to gifts to start to make, I worked on FE gifts all day yesterday. It was around 100 degrees here (east Tennessee) yesterday so I stayed in out of the heat my house didn't need cleaning :rotfl2::rotfl2::laundy::rotfl2: (ok I am crawled back to my computer) so I thought that I would work on my FE gifts.Here is what I have seen on other post.... Dis name..... Name...... sex (thats not how much or how less :lmao: )..... age..... cabin number..... favorite character.... Allergies..... IF ANYBODY ELSE WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THIS ON BY ALL MEANS PLEASE GO FOR IT. I DO NOT know how to put a PE group together. One more thing we need a FE name anybody got any ideas?:grouphug: PM me your info and i will post it for you.

Yes, we can see the fireworks. That was my main reason for buying back here. We clocked it one day, we are 2.2 miles from the Contemporary parking lot. Love hearing the trains and boats all day. My DD calls me a dork for loving to hear the train whistle, but she likes in too but won't say it. LOL! Some days we can even hear the cars on the race track at the other side of the MK parking lot.
It's a lot of fun down here. DD just got hired at WDW, working at the new Art of Animation Resort. Next week will be her first time going there to work, she's had training at Disney University which is 2 minutes from our house.

So jealous! How neat that your DD is working at the new resort! What will she be doing there?

WOW.... I am so excited to see everyone talking instead of lurking :thumbsup2 I thought that there was nobody on here :rotfl2: :idea:I would take on the responsability of gathering peoples names and info for our FE until somebody that knows how to organize and put together a FE group signs up for our cruise.
I think that may help us figure out how many FE to gifts to start to make, I worked on FE gifts all day yesterday. It was around 100 degrees here (east Tennessee) yesterday so I stayed in out of the heat my house didn't need cleaning :rotfl2::rotfl2::laundy::rotfl2: (ok I am crawled back to my computer) so I thought that I would work on my FE gifts.Here is what I have seen on other post.... Dis name..... Name...... sex (thats not how much or how less :lmao: )..... age..... cabin number..... favorite character.... Allergies..... IF ANYBODY ELSE WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THIS ON BY ALL MEANS PLEASE GO FOR IT. I DO NOT know how to put a PE group together. One more thing we need a FE name anybody got any ideas?:grouphug: PM me your info and i will post it for you.

Jilljill - is there anyway to move a post to the beginning of this thread so we can have roll call, FE, and any planned activities or meets in that first post? I would be happy to help with maintaining it if that is an issue.

I will help cblack with what ever I can do, it sounds like they know more than me about this kind of stuff. I would just like to see a FE started. so thank you cblack for your interest in helpiing

I will help cblack with what ever I can do, it sounds like they know more than me about this kind of stuff. I would just like to see a FE started. so thank you cblack for your interest in helpiing

Ive never organized one either :lmao: I am just hoping we can add info to the first page so new folks can join in the fun easily. I can help anyway I am needed :grouphug:

So jealous! How neat that your DD is working at the new resort! What will she be doing there?
She'll be working at Landscapes Cafe, their food court. Monday is her first official day at the resort so I'm sure she'll find out more then on what she'll be doing..

Jilljill - is there anyway to move a post to the beginning of this thread so we can have roll call, FE, and any planned activities or meets in that first post? I would be happy to help with maintaining it if that is an issue.
Anyone that has posted on the first page can edit their posts to include a roll call, FE list or whatever anyone wants or thinks should be included. A post can't be randomly be added since they are posted in date order.
I will say that there's really no need to start another thread just for FE's. It's easy to maintain a list within the thread. Also, the group should figure out if they want to give family gifts or individual gifts so they know what info will be needed to be maintained. If doing family gifts just knowing how many in the cabin is helpful - no need to give more info than necessary. If doing individual gifts then people can give the info on each person in the cabin.

:cool1:Just speaking for myself and my room, we would like to give individual gifts, that way if they are kids in the room they will get an age appropriate gift.
Just my opinion. No problem how every it is done to me:thumbsup2. I am just glad we are speaking of a FE group.:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter