• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

1/26/2013-Fantasy-Eastern including Puerto Rico

We were just on the Dream and booked this cruise while on board. It will be my my DH and DD who will be 7 at the time of sailing. We enjoyed our time on the Dream and are looking forward to a longer trip on the Fantasy.

:welcome:

OMG OMG OMG OMG I just got this email from my TA...
Great news! I actually got an email today notifying me of a price decrease for your cruise! This cruise has sold out of most rooms except for some of the stateroom with verandah categories, so Disney has put some of these categories on massive discount.

I did a little looking around and there are no more AFT rooms, but there are a couple of rooms available that are right next to the AFT rooms. Currently there are two rooms super close to the AFT rooms located on deck 8 that are category 4E. These rooms are 8094 and 8092 on the Disney Fantasy are currently priced at $4,288.40, which is considerably cheaper than what you booked with, and its a room with a verandah!

We were paying 5050.35 for a Big porthole room (8c) I am shaking I'm so excited!!!!!! The verandah rooms were 5757.35 when I booked and I couldn't justify 700 for a balcony.... HOLY MOLY I'm so excited!!!

Great news! I actually got an email today notifying me of a price decrease for your cruise! This cruise has sold out of most rooms except for some of the stateroom with verandah categories, so Disney has put some of these categories on massive discount.

I did a little looking around and there are no more AFT rooms, but there are a couple of rooms available that are right next to the AFT rooms. Currently there are two rooms super close to the AFT rooms located on deck 8 that are category 4E. These rooms are 8094 and 8092 on the Disney Fantasy are currently priced at $4,288.40, which is considerably cheaper than what you booked with, and its a room with a verandah!

We were paying 5050.35 for a Big porthole room (8c) I am shaking I'm so excited!!!!!! The verandah rooms were 5757.35 when I booked and I couldn't justify 700 for a balcony.... HOLY MOLY I'm so excited!!!

That is great! Congratulations!!!

Congratulations!

We just downgraded from a 4B to an 8C and saved $600.:goodvibes

We had a verandah on our last cruise and liked it but I am not sure if it is worth $600. Also I will keep an eye on the prices and if I see a drop I may upgrade back to a verandah. There are so many more verandah rooms then OV that the odds are good that verandah's may drop, and if they don't we still saved $600. I liked the size of our room a lot and the 8C is about the same size as the 4B without the balcony.

If I went to a 4E from 8C AND dropped 750.00 I wonder what other deals are out there?

I'm getting conflicting reports on the 4e so I guess I'm going to have to wait for the boat to come out ;)

I'm not a TA so I can't keep track as easy as they do. I book onboard to get the discounts available but the website vacationstogo.com has a pretty good handle on posting discounts.

Nov. 2010 Magic Western
Jan. 2012 Magic Western

We are in a 9B... haven't seen any good deals to move too yet. I will keep my eyes open though... I always love a bargain. :thumbsup2

We have changed our dates so we can fly direct to Orlando and with hopes of a warmer Castaway Cay. We have move to Feb 23, 2013. I hope everyone has fun on the cruise!

Just wanted to stop by and say Hello!! :dance3: Have any of you thought about what excursions you will be doing? I'm trying to find out if they offer any ATV tours in Puerto Rico. We did the 5 hour ATV tour in St. Marteen, and it was so thrilling :yay::yay: Would love to find another one. At Castaway Cay we are wanting to rent a Cabana for the day so no excursions for us...but in St. Thomas/St. John we would like to try to find a jet ski tour, so if any of you know of any company's let me know. :thumbsup2 Can't believe that Feb is already almost over :goodvibes Just 11 more months. :banana::banana::banana:

I honestly don't have a clue yet. I'm kinda waiting to see what comes up. I know for CC we are just going to hang out (bring our own snorkel gear and WETSUITS!!) Cabanas are WAY out of our budget so we are just going to set up our own ;)
I would love to do ATVs and zip lines and big kid stuff but we have a 2 year old and I don't want to leave her behind so beaches and shopping are probably our excursions.... unless they have a cool catamaran trip.

Just wanted to stop by and say Hello!! :dance3: Have any of you thought about what excursions you will be doing? I'm trying to find out if they offer any ATV tours in Puerto Rico. We did the 5 hour ATV tour in St. Marteen, and it was so thrilling :yay::yay: Would love to find another one. At Castaway Cay we are wanting to rent a Cabana for the day so no excursions for us...but in St. Thomas/St. John we would like to try to find a jet ski tour, so if any of you know of any company's let me know. :thumbsup2 Can't believe that Feb is already almost over :goodvibes Just 11 more months. :banana::banana::banana:

We have started talking about excursions. We know for sure we will be getting a cabana at CC. We had one last January and it was the best part of our trip! We are only three people, so if there is another family of 3 that would want to split it, let me know!

We would also like to go to Trunk Bay in St. John, but our DD is too young for the Disney excursion, so if we go, we must do it on our own. I am trying to be patient to see what the Disney excursions are at Puerto Rico, as we really aren't sure what we want to do here. We have looked at several sites that describe typical excursions in PR, but nothing is jumping out and grabbing us.

Either way, we are almost to the 11 month mark!!! :dance3:

We have started talking about excursions. We know for sure we will be getting a cabana at CC. We had one last January and it was the best part of our trip! We are only three people, so if there is another family of 3 that would want to split it, let me know!

We would also like to go to Trunk Bay in St. John, but our DD is too young for the Disney excursion, so if we go, we must do it on our own. I am trying to be patient to see what the Disney excursions are at Puerto Rico, as we really aren't sure what we want to do here. We have looked at several sites that describe typical excursions in PR, but nothing is jumping out and grabbing us.

Either way, we are almost to the 11 month mark!!! :dance3:

How old are your kiddos??

We are only three people, so if there is another family of 3 that would want to split it, let me know

I didn't know there was a body limit? We are a family of 6 so I guess we are our own 3 + 3 :rotfl2: Do you know of any site where I could see photos of the inside of the Cabanas? I really wasn't able to find any excursions we would enjoy...there were a few ATV tours but VERY short rental times... 2 hours or less. :confused: Just really not worth the $$$'s. So we will keep looking. :thumbsup2 I hope everyone has a great Leap Day...and just remember another month down. :cheer2::cheer2:

I didn't know there was a body limit? We are a family of 6 so I guess we are our own 3 + 3 :rotfl2: Do you know of any site where I could see photos of the inside of the Cabanas? I really wasn't able to find any excursions we would enjoy...there were a few ATV tours but VERY short rental times... 2 hours or less. :confused: Just really not worth the $$$'s. So we will keep looking. :thumbsup2 I hope everyone has a great Leap Day...and just remember another month down. :cheer2::cheer2:

The cabanas hold 10 people each. The first 6 people are included in the $499 price of the cabana and extra people are $50 each. All ages are included in the count.
There's a big thread on the main DCL board that has a ton of info and pics of the cabanas.

Hey everybody,

I will be leaving you guys. We moved our cruise to the Magic on 4/25/12. We just couldn't wait 11 more months to see the Mouse. There is a slight chance we might try to rebook this cruise while onboard, but most likely, we will need to push the Fantasy sailing to later in the year.

I hope you all have a wonderful cruise, and I hope I get the chance to meet you down the road.

Have a great cruise. How exciting to be able to move it to a closer date rather than push it out further. Hope you'll be able to rebook onboard, but if not totally understand.

I booked this cruise today...

We are sailing on the 6/2/12 Fantasy and I was going to wait to book onboard but I got impatient. I'll reshop on board, most likely, but as of right now we are in an 8c.

It would be DH, me and our boys- 3 & 2 at time of sailing.

I'm excited to see San Juan! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter