09:05 Soarin FP - will I ride and make Akershus for 09:30??

It will need to be a quick paced walk to Soarin and another quick paced walk over to Akershus but if you are early to the turnstiles and up near the front I think you will be fine. Just know it's not going to be relaxing, but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do!

I think it's possible but very tight. You'd probably be the only one using FP at that time though, so that's good. It's about a 10 minute fast paced trek to Akershus from Soarin. Just make sure you get to Soarin immediately at rope drop.

If you get to Epcot before rope drop so you can get in and to Soarin right when they open, I think you can do it no problem. I'm assuming its not an EMH morning? And the good thing is that Norway is not deep into World Showcase, its right next to Mexico so the walk should not be long at all after the ride. :thumbsup2

Is getting a later FP for Soarin at all an option for you? You won't even need it at opening.. You'll most likely walk right on.

I'm not as optimistic as others are. 9:05 is not the time you would be riding Soarn'. It's the time you are allowed in the entrance. You then have the long walk up the ramp, you may or may not be stopped at the FP reading spot, then the seat assignment spot, then the safety film, then loading and 'preflight' checks all before the ride starts. You'll be fortunate if the ride starts before 9:15.

The ride is 4 min 51 seconds. So now it's 9:20 and you aren't out of your searts. You wouldn't get out of the Land until past 9:25 so you would be late. And that assumes that everything works out perfectly at every spot where a delay could occur. In reality, your best case scenario is arriving at Akershus closer to 9:45 (or later) than 9:30.

We always planned it to arrive at ANY park by 8:30 -- if we were driving, we wanted to be parking by 8:30 and if we were staying on property, we timed getting on the bus to be at Epcot by 8:30. Never minded waiting in the lines at the entry if it got us closer to the front of the line.
Last we tried it since the fast pass plus started was first week of May. Busier than we thought but we still moved at a quick pace to get to Soarin' (didn't use fast pass plus) and I wouldn't have wanted a reservation that soon after park opening -- unless it was in Future World. :)

Good luck. But figure on moving right along when you leave The Land, and have your route planned. We always went to the right side of World Showcase, but then we never ate at Norway -- or anything else after the first 10 years or so.

I think you will likely be late. I often have had to wait 10-15 min for Soarin, even with a FP. Of course, it will be early. I agree with previous posters that although you will likely be a few minutes late, they will seat you. That has been my experience in such situations. Depending on size of your party, you also could consider sending someone ahead who perhaps skips the ride.

You will be late. There is at least a 15 minute grace period, so I think if you get there by 9:45 you will be fine.

Soarin' always seems to take forever, even with FPs. I always allow at least 25-30 minutes for Soarin' and it normally takes that long. You might make it, but I think it would be really tight. Personally, I would move the Soarin' time. You should be able to easily walk on almost any other ride at that time of the morning and then make your way to breakfast.

Don't use a FP. They won't let you use it until 9 am at the earliest.
Be at Epcot at 8:15. Pick the shortest line. The park will open around 8:45 or 8:50. Walk with purpose to the land. You will be on the ride at 9 am and at Akershus on time. If you can still do it, trade your soaring FP for either a time that is convenient on your way out, or for a TT FP that you can use after breakfast. TT is maybe 10 minutes away from Norway - if you get a 10:45 FP it should work out perfectly.

I'm going to go against the crowd and say no. It can easily take 20-25 minutes to get through Soarin (even with a FP+ reservation) and you've got quite a walk from The Land to Norway afterward.

I agree with the PP Soarin' takes forever. Since FP+ started the FP line has been longer (greater % of FP+'s)

Soarin' is one of the great lines, to get in line, to get in the line to finely get in the loading line. If it is busy, you can in actuality end up in 4 different ques.

I think I'm swaying to the no side too - we had originally planned aquatica that day but then I got Akershus ADR but I thought it's early enough to go aquatica for the afternoon. But then fp day came along and I got soarin for 9:05 I think now it's only late afternoon available. Think I'll reschedule it - it's easier to get another soarin than Akershus breakfast!

I'm going to go against the crowd and say no. It can easily take 20-25 minutes to get through Soarin (even with a FP+ reservation) and you've got quite a walk from The Land to Norway afterward.

I agree with you. And that is not even taking into consideration that you are supposed to be at your ADR 15 minutes ahead of time. I will even say no way will you make it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter