•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

That's embarrassing. Why is Disney dropping the ball this year on Xmas decorations. Copper Creek has the best lobby. Then Jambo House. Part of the reason I own at both. Love Xmas time! It really sucks for those who stayed Halloween and woke up Nov 1 to a sad Disney undecorated this year.
It’s actually pretty standard. I have a spreadsheet going back 6 years now. Pre-covid this was the normal timeline. 2018 it was November 21st, and 2019 it was November 19th (this year ended up being November 21st - as CCV clearly got the short end of the lottery this year). Last year is really the only outlier where all resorts seemed to be done a week earlier than they traditionally are. This year also had a hurricane dropped in the middle of it which basically impacted parts of two days.

It’s actually pretty standard. I have a spreadsheet going back 6 years now. Pre-covid this was the normal timeline. 2018 it was November 21st, and 2019 it was November 19th (this year ended up being November 21st - as CCV clearly got the short end of the lottery this year). Last year is really the only outlier where all resorts seemed to be done a week earlier than they traditionally are. This year also had a hurricane dropped in the middle of it which basically impacted parts of two days.
Damn. I wasn’t aware. I would’ve thought they’d have them up earlier every year. Guess that’s not the case.

CCV crew:

Can't wait for an upcoming Spring Break stay in a CCV Grand Villa. Will be treating my kids and extended family members to an awesome trip.

Does anyone here have floor requests relative to good views from the GVs?

Thank you for your advice!!!

CCV crew:

Can't wait for an upcoming Spring Break stay in a CCV Grand Villa. Will be treating my kids and extended family members to an awesome trip.

Does anyone here have floor requests relative to good views from the GVs?

Thank you for your advice!!!

Based on my research it seemed like the higher the better for views as the trees seem to block your view of the lake and fireworks. We have a few nights in a CCV GV in June and we have asked for the highest floor possible.

A view from Google Earth showing the trees blocking the end of CCV where the GVs are located -
1670193461624.png

Hope you have an awesome trip.

Based on my research it seemed like the higher the better for views as the trees seem to block your view of the lake and fireworks. We have a few nights in a CCV GV in June and we have asked for the highest floor possible.

A view from Google Earth showing the trees blocking the end of CCV where the GVs are located -
View attachment 723174

Hope you have an awesome trip.
That’s very helpful, I agree, it looks like the highest floor possible will be appropriate for that stay. We will plan to put in the request via TouringPlans. I will also plan to report back to this group after our trip, and will show the views with some pictures.

Thank you very much for your input, I really appreciate it!

We are seriously considering our first DVC purchase and our first choice is CCV because the WL is my absolute favorite Disney resort. Can you tell me how often you as owners get shut out of early Dec reservations for studios and also how many of the studios have the solid wall balconies? WL in December is one of my top reasons for buying DVC and sitting on balconies is one of my DH's (We usually stay in moderates that don't have balconies because I am too cheap to shell out the extra $ for deluxes). :-)

Thank you for your help!

We are seriously considering our first DVC purchase and our first choice is CCV because the WL is my absolute favorite Disney resort. Can you tell me how often you as owners get shut out of early Dec reservations for studios and also how many of the studios have the solid wall balconies? WL in December is one of my top reasons for buying DVC and sitting on balconies is one of my DH's (We usually stay in moderates that don't have balconies because I am too cheap to shell out the extra $ for deluxes). :-)

Thank you for your help!
I can tell you firsthand the reason I bought CCV was because of Christmas time and the amazing resort overall. I will confess though, we skipped this year and secured a Poly res for last week and was not disappointed. We did visit home just to soak in the lobby, but don’t regret trying out Poly for the first time. I was able to book CCV at the 11 month but swapped for Poly when it became available. It’s not impossible, but is challenging to secure CCV.

Just got back from my stay at CCV this weekend. We bought CCV without ever seeing it, and we absolutely LOVED it when we got there. It was such an amazing resorts and the food is great too. I wish we had more time at the resort and now I'm itching to add more points. Oh boy!
Did the same thing. Bought sight unseen and loved it! Geyser Point and Whispering Canyon are two of my favs.

New to DVC, I own at BLT. How hard is it to get a 2BR cabin at 7 months? Specifically, if I splurged for Marathon weekend 2024.

I can tell you firsthand the reason I bought CCV was because of Christmas time and the amazing resort overall. I will confess though, we skipped this year and secured a Poly res for last week and was not disappointed. We did visit home just to soak in the lobby, but don’t regret trying out Poly for the first time. I was able to book CCV at the 11 month but swapped for Poly when it became available. It’s not impossible, but is challenging to secure CCV.
Thank you for your help! So you secured CCV for early December and you had options to change it out at the 7 month mark? That is great to hear! And that was for a studio? I love WL and would choose to spend most early December trips there, but would also like to try some of the other resorts at that time, too.

Do you know if a lot of the studios have the closed off slats on the balcony? I was browsing the room views on the first page and there seemed like a lot of them.

Yes I was able to grab a CCV studio for early Dec. Along with being able to get Poly at 7mth, I also had GF but opted to go with Poly. It’s really hit or miss all around at the 7mth mark. I look forward to next year coming back home to CCV though.

I do not know about the balcony question for studios. Sorry. Good luck with everything.

Sorry, this answer may be embedded in this tread somewhere but I can’t find it. Are they still using the H2O+ products and do you get individual bottles or are they mounted in the showers? Trying to figure out if I need to bring shampoo and conditioner

Sorry, this answer may be embedded in this tread somewhere but I can’t find it. Are they still using the H2O+ products and do you get individual bottles or are they mounted in the showers? Trying to figure out if I need to bring shampoo and conditioner
We stayed in a 2 BR dedicated villa at CCV last weekend. (Christmas Eve) There is H20+ shower gel, shampoo and conditioner mounted in the shower. Individual tubes of body lotion are also provided.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter