“Dreams Come True Momma!” A 2 year old’s first trip ~ May 2015~Complete {NEW TR LINK!}

20150507_070148_zps4bjplctv.jpg

Is that a handmade stroller flag? Can you tell me how you made it? Loving your trip report! Your daughter is too cute

I know! :sad2:

We had our car (We drove down) but the Car seat was still out of commision at this time and so it wasn't a practical option.

:thanks:

:rolleyes1

I forgot you drove down, one thing I do like about taking the busses to the park and back is the BGM. It's like a queue to the park! Once in awhile one of us does take a bus ride back to the hotel if we are tired to tour the park. This trip we are staying off property I know :scared1:. We need the space, and it was too expensive to get a two bedroom villa. So we are going to have to figure out what to do if someone is too tired to stay at the park? Usually it's my DH or I that gets tired, I'm ok to just sit and rest for awhile to regenerate but my DH likes his naps!:rotfl2:

Is that a handmade stroller flag?
::yes:: Yes Indeedy! And it turned out Darn useful as well!

Can you tell me how you made it?
1/4" dowel with canvas glitter sheets glued together at the top and glued to a binder clip at the bottom. *Note I used hot glue on the bottom and the stress of continually clipping it made the cap on the bottom fall off and I would probably find another way to adhere the bottom if I make one again. Further details on it can be found in this post from my PTR.

Loving your trip report! Your daughter is too cute
:thanks: and THanks for reading!

This trip we are staying off property I know :scared1:.
Its something DH and I haven't ruled out for our next trip. Don't forget to add up all the fees when you price stuff out. Most that I have seen have resort fees, parking fees and then you have disney parking fees on top of that. Once all that is added we've noticed you don't end up saving a whole lot.

So we are going to have to figure out what to do if someone is too tired to stay at the park? Usually it's my DH or I that gets tired, I'm ok to just sit and rest for awhile to regenerate but my DH likes his naps!:rotfl2:
You just have to find the quiet spots. My favorite in park rest spot is Peoplemover-COP-Peoplemover. By the time you get off the second round on the Peoplemover you are pretty refreshed.

Can't wait to hear more:)
:thanks: for reading! Looking forward to sharing more!

Its something DH and I haven't ruled out for our next trip. Don't forget to add up all the fees when you price stuff out. Most that I have seen have resort fees, parking fees and then you have disney parking fees on top of that. Once all that is added we've noticed you don't end up saving a whole lot.

You just have to find the quiet spots. My favorite in park rest spot is Peoplemover-COP-Peoplemover. By the time you get off the second round on the Peoplemover you are pretty refreshed.

:thanks: for reading! Looking forward to sharing more!

Your right about the fees, but even with them we are saving a lot. And this way we are getting a four bedroom, three bath villa with a pool and hot tub.
We want to buy a winter home in Florida in approximately 4 to 5 years. This is a trial for us to tour the parks being off site.
Funny thing is the only thing my family stated that the are going to miss is not having to be able to tune into " Must Do Disney with Stacey!" Also I tried to talk them into eating off site for dinner, but they will have nothing to do with it. They stated " It's shocking enough that we are staying off site, but please don't take eating on site away from us too!" :rotfl2:
Thanks for the rest spot ideas!

FINALLY around 2 hours later
Oh my goodness. I think I might have started to break down! Especially in the heat, because it's definitely worse when you're not walking around.

I was bummed when I saw that they’ve started taking short cuts with the crispy treats and now only coat one side of them.
Thats weird, because when we went they coated both sides of our treats. I got two different toppings (so it was peanut butter chips on both large sides, and then crushed oreo cookies crushed around the sides), and Kenny only got one topping and got both sides coated. Maybe its just the person who is doing it that day?

Wow, can't believe how much trouble you all had getting back to the room. And then to get there with no air conditioning!!!! I would be livid.

I know how important those naps can be, so kudos to little miss for making it through the night. Can't wait to see what tomorrow has in store

Oh my goodness. I think I might have started to break down! Especially in the heat, because it's definitely worse when you're not walking around.
I very nearly did.

Thats weird, because when we went they coated both sides of our treats. I got two different toppings (so it was peanut butter chips on both large sides, and then crushed oreo cookies crushed around the sides), and Kenny only got one topping and got both sides coated. Maybe its just the person who is doing it that day?
Hmmm... I wondered if that was the case and almost asked about it. Ah well next time.

Wow, can't believe how much trouble you all had getting back to the room.
::yes::

And then to get there with no air conditioning!!!! I would be livid.
I was pretty mad that is for sure. Though it never did really cool down in there.

I know how important those naps can be, so kudos to little miss for making it through the night.
Well there were a few melt downs but considering that normally her "early" is more like 8am and we woke her at around 5:30-6am she did great. We wouldn't have made it had we done Epcot though.

Can't wait to see what tomorrow has in store
Looking forward to sharing!

Time For Your Check Up! ( 5/8/15 Part 1)

We woke up bright and early again this day. Today was the day! We were so excited for Little Miss! We were going to get to eat breakfast with her all-time FAVORITE Disney character. We were on our way to our breakfast with the Disney Junior gang to see Doc McStuffins specifically.

So after dragging myself out of bed and getting myself ready I get out Little Miss’s leggings and her Doc Dress and go and wake her up. Only we have a problem this morning. No matter what I do or explain to her, no matter what DH does or explains to her she WILL NOT put on anything else but her Sofia dress. :headache:We even had a minor issue with the pull up because it had Doc on it instead of Sofia. :sad2:

Thoroughly confused and frustrated and running out of time we just roll with it and put the Sofia dress on her and put the headband for the Doc dress in the back pack and carry the doc dress with us, ready to pounce at a moment’s notice and switch her to the dress of choice.

We get to the bus stop right on the nose of 6:30am. We also notice no one else is here.

“Little Miss, are you SURE you don’t want to put on your Doc Dress to eat breakfast with Doc?”

“NO! Sofia Dress!” :headache:

“Okay.”

Within 15 minutes a very empty HS bus pulls up and we hop on our private bus to the studios!

“Little Miss, are you SURE you don’t want to put on your Doc Dress to eat breakfast with Doc?”

“NO! Sofia Dress!”:headache:

“Okay.”

20150508_064845_zpsyoe3f9ow.jpg

“Okay.”

As we were pulling out of POR DH and I notice that the bus is playing Hedwig’s Theme from Harry Potter. While I love Harry Potter, DH and I just find it a little ballsy and odd that Disney would put that in the loop of music for HS.

“Okay.”

Soon we were pulling up to an empty HS. As we get off the bus I have a fit of brilliance and change tactics on the dress front. *Warning! Parent of the Year Moment ahead!:rotfl:

I walk to the nearest bench and stand her up.

“Hey Little Miss, would you like a pack of fruit snacks?”

“FRUIT SNACKS! Yes please!”

“Okay then, I need you to put your Doc dress on first.”

“SOFIA DRESS!”

“Okay, no Fruit snacks.”

“Fruit Snacks!”

“Put your Doc dress on first.”

*Stops and thinks about it for a moment and…..

20150508_070633_zpsaq4kqoxw.jpg

SUCCESS!!! :jumping1: MOMMY FOR THE WIN!!!!party:

It was at this point that DH and I took in our surroundings and realized how empty it was. There was literally only one other family there. We moseyed our way around stopping for photos here and there. Soaking in the Magic of being the literal FIRST family to arrive at HS for the day. It was magic! And worth the headache to get there.

20150508_070953_zpsiznhzped.jpg

20150508_071014_zpsfhjqjljv.jpg

20150508_072030_zpsucgoorx3.jpg

Little Miss started getting a tad restless towards the end of the waiting but before long we were in!

20150508_075011_zpsobf49vog.jpg

20150508_075029_zpsx40mgurn.jpg

20150508_075014_zpssxbcxqm7.jpg

20150508_075042_zpsawc527pt.jpg

77791a88-8150-43fd-83f7-82c169c07b19_zpsknvi8umu.jpg

20150508_075044_zpsbsdci9lo.jpg

Soon we were checking in and waving at the Disney Junior Gang Gathered at the very front of the restaurant. We were seated almost immediately and I shot off towards the buffet to get food for Little Miss and Myself.

Right as I sat down Handy Manny came out.

20150508_080355_zpswraio7hn.jpg

After hugs with Handy Manny we sent DH on his way to the buffet and I got Little Miss situated with her breakfast.

Not too long later out came Doc.

20150508_0810250_zpsudxfccrt.jpg

20150508_081144_zpsjax5jsvg.jpg

Turns out, Little Miss was more interested in her fruit loops and Doc’s stethoscope then visiting with Doc herself. :rolleyes:

Once Doc left our table they did a little Dance thing where they invited kids to go up and dance. (Any surprise that Little Miss was the first to run up there? :rotfl:) Little Miss had fun dancing around the room with them. I'll try to get the video from it posted later. (I thought I had it uploaded but apparently I don't)

As that Finished Jake made his way to our table.

20150508_081718_zps6dcjojsd.jpg

It was as Jake was leaving that it dawned on me how fast we were knocking through the characters. I checked with DH and it wasn't even 8:30 yet. With only Sofia left, I told him to Hurry up and finish so that we could make it to rope drop.

Soon Sofia had made it to our table.

20150508_082916_zps6qhipzox.jpg

With some hugs for her we quickly finished up our meals and then headed out.

While the interaction was kind of cute and Little Miss did enjoy herself, the food was mediocre at best and at times didn't even live up to my extremely low expectations for it. For $68.49 (remember Little Miss was Free) I am not 100% sure the value is there. That being said I still might give it another chance next trip depending on how things shake out.

****Bonus Question Time!****

- Where are we headed first?

-What 3 characters do we see?

Trip Report Game Points

@princessesandpascal – 12pts ; 9 for the odd song, 1 for place, 1 for adr, 1 for first full correct answer

@vleeth – 11pts; 9 for the odd song, 1 for place, 1 for adr

@annie170 – 2pts ; 1 for place, 1 for adr

@Dugette - 2pts ; 1 for place, 1 for adr

@mdsouth- 2pts ; 1 for place, 1 for adr

@pkondz – 1pt for place

Totals:

Princessesandpascal – 13

Cajunfan – 12

Vleeth – 11

annie170 – 9

BibbitybobityLu – 9

Kadrachb – 7

Dugette – 7

NJLauren - 6

Afwdwfan – 5

Pkondz – 5

ashw100 – 5

Mdsouth – 3

Loves The Mouse – 2

BlvInMagic – 1

That is a super cute Doc McStuffins outfit! Did you purchase it as is or did you put it all together piece by piece?

As we were pulling out of POR DH and I notice that the bus is playing Hedwig’s Theme from Harry Potter. While I love Harry Potter, DH and I just find it a little ballsy and odd that Disney would put that in the loop of music for HS.
That is odd. I never noticed it...

****Bonus Question Time!****

I'm going to say you head to Toy Story Mania, and then meet Buzz, Woody... and Maybe Sorcerer Mickey?

I've been following along but keep forgetting to guess. I say Toy story Midway Mania and you see woody, buzz and green army man. :)

Creative mommying for the win! Definitely worth it vs the potential for her to be upset when it dawns on her that she is meeting Doc and doesn't have her Doc outfit on

H&V is definitely down on the list for us for breakfast unless the kids ever really push to meet those characters we will likely pass (it was totally off the list before they added Doc and Sofia) - just enjoy other breakfasts better

I'll say you are heading to Toy Story Midway Mania and you meet Woody, Buzz, and a Green Army Man on the way

That is odd. I never noticed it...
I thought so as well.

I'm going to say you head to Toy Story Mania, and then meet Buzz, Woody... and Maybe Sorcerer Mickey?

I've been following along but keep forgetting to guess. I say Toy story Midway Mania and you see woody, buzz and green army man. :)

Creative mommying for the win!
::yes:::cheer2:

Definitely worth it vs the potential for her to be upset when it dawns on her that she is meeting Doc and doesn't have her Doc outfit on
::yes:: And the pictures I got of her wearing it on the main street at open were perfect.

H&V is definitely down on the list for us for breakfast unless the kids ever really push to meet those characters we will likely pass (it was totally off the list before they added Doc and Sofia) - just enjoy other breakfasts better
Now that you can see doc without that ADR we won't bother with it ever. That was really the only reason we did.

I'll say you are heading to Toy Story Midway Mania and you meet Woody, Buzz, and a Green Army Man on the way

Knowing that your hubby is a SW fan, I say star tours and you see storm troopers, Darth Vader and aJedi master

I love Little Miss's Doc McStuffins Dress -- simply adorable -- and I've never seen one like that before. Great find! I definitely agree with the food & character experience at Hollywood & Vine, the food is mediocre and pricey, plus our character interaction felt very rushed when we were there for a Star Wars themed dinner. I likened it to what speed dating must be like, or in this case -- speed character meet n' greets. :hyper: It would be great if they could slow the pace a tad; DH had missed 2 characters when he stepped away from our table for his initial helping.

Bonus time !!! Toy Story Mania, and you see Goofy, Donald, and a Green Army man along the way.

We woke up bright and early again this day.

Good for you! I can usually only manage the "early" part.

We were so excited for Little Miss! We were going to get to eat breakfast with her all-time FAVORITE Disney character. We were on our way to our breakfast with the Disney Junior gang to see Doc McStuffins specifically.

I can see why you'd be stoked to see her reactions!

Thoroughly confused and frustrated and running out of time we just roll with it and put the Sofia dress on her and put the headband for the Doc dress in the back pack and carry the doc dress with us, ready to pounce at a moment’s notice and switch her to the dress of choice.

Good compromise.
Smart Mommy.

Huh. That is weird.
I know others picked a Harry Potter song but I thought there would be no way.

*Warning! Parent of the Year Moment ahead!:rotfl:

This should be good...

“Put your Doc dress on first.”

*Stops and thinks about it for a moment and…..

20150508_070633_zpsaq4kqoxw.jpg

:laughing: You did it!

There was literally only one other family there. We moseyed our way around stopping for photos here and there. Soaking in the Magic of being the literal FIRST family to arrive at HS for the day.

Wait. Aren't you literally the second family to arrive then?

Turns out, Little Miss was more interested in her fruit loops and Doc’s stethoscope then visiting with Doc herself. :rolleyes:

Oh, well. You got the picture for proof.

(Any surprise that Little Miss was the first to run up there? :rotfl:)

:laughing: Actually... yes!

Soon Sofia had made it to our table.

So who did she like better? Or should I say interact with better? Sofia or Doc?

the food was mediocre at best and at times didn't even live up to my extremely low expectations for it. For $68.49 (remember Little Miss was Free) I am not 100% sure the value is there.

Oh, that's too bad. A lot of money for lousy food.

TSMM.
Buzz, Woody, Jessie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter