“All Aboard the Seven Dwarfs Whine Train!” A May 2015/Mother's Day TR! ***TR COMPLETED 2/8!!!

I have so many questions, but they can all be summed up as why?

I love this Trip Report.

They moved really quickly and didn’t really stop to be personable.

A former character CM told me this is referred to as the "love and shove".

and let's be honest, I was hoping for a reality-show-like scene that could've found a home on a Real Housewives show or something

I love this Trip Report.

HILARIOUS that they actually accused Pluto of snubbing them! And thumbs-up to the CM for not using the line I've used on our son when he complained about things I am able to do, but he is not: "That's because you suck, and I'm awesome."

I guess Disney decided not to go chasing waterfalls, and stuck to the rivers and the lakes that they're used to.

Did I mention I love this Trip Report?

Sounds like a great meal! Everything I've heard about Disney and how they accommodate dietary restrictions makes me think that much more of the organization. Truly "above and beyond".

Poly's and Beach Club are our "dream resorts", too. Though I will say I always feel like I'm part of the riff-raff ("ADR trash") when I visit those resorts while staying at one of the moderates :)

Great update again! Can't wait to hear about DHS.

I’m sorry, I’m in a bad mood because PLUTO REFUSED to take a PICTURE with ME.” We stopped for a quick photo to remember the meal (not with Pluto of course, because he refuses to take pictures with people.):
Hilarious!! This is exactly the kind of banter that sentiment would have prompted between DH and I. Love your attitude girl and as @nilla said, love this trip report.

Joining in! Can't wait to read the next chapter :D

Thanks for reading along! :goodvibes

I love this Trip Report.

A former character CM told me this is referred to as the "love and shove".

I love this Trip Report.

HILARIOUS that they actually accused Pluto of snubbing them! And thumbs-up to the CM for not using the line I've used on our son when he complained about things I am able to do, but he is not: "That's because you suck, and I'm awesome."

Did I mention I love this Trip Report?

Sounds like a great meal! Everything I've heard about Disney and how they accommodate dietary restrictions makes me think that much more of the organization. Truly "above and beyond".

Poly's and Beach Club are our "dream resorts", too. Though I will say I always feel like I'm part of the riff-raff ("ADR trash") when I visit those resorts while staying at one of the moderates :)

Great update again! Can't wait to hear about DHS.

You are too kind! :blush: I'm really just glad that my sense of humour seems to be going over well online. Sometimes it just crashes and burns.

The love and shove is brilliant! It was one of the funniest things I've ever witnessed, honestly. I think if the CM used your line, then we would have seen a full on Real Housewives-style brawl.

Disney goes completely above and beyond and that's what keeps bringing us back. Thanks! DHS isn't our favourite park but we did have some really great times there this trip.

Hilarious!! This is exactly the kind of banter that sentiment would have prompted between DH and I. Love your attitude girl and as @nilla said, love this trip report.

We're definitely a family that quotes stuff to each other all the time so we had to keep quoting her! Thank you! :goodvibes

Love it. Seriously the TLC reference had me LOL.

Glad you liked it! As I was writing it, I was just praying it'd go over well. I laughed at my own joke, so I hoped other people would!

Great update! I know what you mean, every time I have breakfast in the Poly, it makes me want to stay there too! (We stayed there 5 years ago, I would love to stay there again!)

Ohana is hands down my favorite breakfast every time at WDW

We were a little too early to check in, so we decided to browse the gift shop for a little while. Both of us were super creeped by this Marie with the really long tail.
:confused3 :rotfl:

I have so many questions, but they can all be summed up as why?
::yes:: My thoughts exactly!

I guess Disney decided not to go chasing waterfalls, and stuck to the rivers and the lakes that they're used to.
:rotfl::thumbsup2

Glad you had a good meal!

Uhhmm, so I can't confirm or deny anything but I might have been bored at work this afternoon and spent the whole time catching up on your trip report... It's super fun! Best use of my time!

We have a lot in common! I am also a Shannon, and I am also from Canada (although I live in Colorado right now), and I am also a writer who does NaNo things usually twice a year (I skipped camp this summer).

I've been really torn between just trying to manage my food allergies as I go on our next trip, or letting them know in advance. It seems like some restaurants definitely handle it better than others. One of mine is a super weird one -- flax -- but it occasionally pops up in multi-grain bread and buns and stuff. The other is milk, which is easy to manage. But I'm really glad to hear that Ohana did a good job with your allergy! I had some drama at a couple of places on our last trip in 2011. Ugh.

Great update! I know what you mean, every time I have breakfast in the Poly, it makes me want to stay there too! (We stayed there 5 years ago, I would love to stay there again!)

Ohana is hands down my favorite breakfast every time at WDW

Thank you! Especially coming from a value, the deluxe environment is really lovely when we get to stop in and pretend we're worthy enough!

It's mine as well!

:confused3 :rotfl:

::yes:: My thoughts exactly!

:rotfl::thumbsup2

Glad you had a good meal!

Not sure what made Disney decide that Marie needed the longest tail known to mankind, but it was certainly weird!

Uhhmm, so I can't confirm or deny anything but I might have been bored at work this afternoon and spent the whole time catching up on your trip report... It's super fun! Best use of my time!

We have a lot in common! I am also a Shannon, and I am also from Canada (although I live in Colorado right now), and I am also a writer who does NaNo things usually twice a year (I skipped camp this summer).

I've been really torn between just trying to manage my food allergies as I go on our next trip, or letting them know in advance. It seems like some restaurants definitely handle it better than others. One of mine is a super weird one -- flax -- but it occasionally pops up in multi-grain bread and buns and stuff. The other is milk, which is easy to manage. But I'm really glad to hear that Ohana did a good job with your allergy! I had some drama at a couple of places on our last trip in 2011. Ugh.

Oh wow! That's awesome! This was my first successful Camp, I tried last summer too. It's tougher in the summer for some reason. (Didn't help that the "o" key fell off my laptop halfway through the month.)

It's a tossup for sure. We decided not to take any chances because it's my first Disney trip since experiencing symptoms of the allergy. The only places we had issues were Akershus and Sci-Fi (Sci-Fi, as will be discussed, essentially treats all allergies the same no matter what they were and made us order off of a separate menu that was gluten-free/etc). Everywhere else was pretty chill about it, but I know now that it's easy enough to avoid. You could also probably just mention it at certain restaurants: then again, I'm speaking from my own experiences!

Chapter 14: “And I Didn’t Even Google It!”, or, Lucky Guesses and So Much Frozen at DHS!
May 7, 2015

Where we last left off, we were on our way to the Poly bus stop to wait for a bus to Disney's Hollywood Studios! I think this ended up being a pretty long wait for the bus, if my notes are accurate. I do know that we were graced once again with the presence of the family that made a huge deal over being snubbed by Pluto back at Ohana. They kept their heads down to their phones the whole time, only stopping to complain loudly that since the Poly was a deluxe resort, it should have better transportation services, and once again when someone asked the group waiting what bus left, to which they replied, "Splash Mountain." (Blizzard Beach is what we think they meant. There's no way to know for sure.)

A few minutes after that, the three of them made another huffy show of complaining about the bus flourished with a “Fine! We’ll just take the car!” and stormed off across the road to the parking lot. They barely made it across the road when the Studios bus arrived, but continued to their car. Mom and I were still in hysterics about "Pluto REFUSED to take a picture with me!" so we were glad we weren't on a bus with them for an indeterminate amount of time. We did share a bus with a huge group of DCPs, who were incredibly loud.
As a college-aged person myself, I'm used to loud, so we dealt with it.

This was what time it was:

20262788293_07ca1a0ee8_z.jpg

It wasn't too long until we were arriving at the Studios!

Our first stop when we arrived was to hit up a class at Animation Academy since we had plenty of time before our Frozen FP+. I’m still heartbroken about it closing, but we luckily hit up a few classes while we were there to soak it up. This was our favourite thing to do in DHS, and we were pumped for our first class of the trip! We slipped in line just in time and didn't have to wait too long for our class.

We went in, took seats in the second row, and found out we were going to be drawing Daisy Duck! I was excited since she was new for us, and even though some people grumbled, the instructor kindly said “I always say that Animation Academy has a motto: If you don’t like it, keep calm, and draw it anyway!”
After we drew our Daisy Ducks, the animator told us that he asks a trivia question, and whoever guesses it right first wins his drawing. Everyone knows by now how competitive I am, so I'm naturally on the edge of my seat.

The question was: “We all know Donald has three nephews: Huey, Dewey, and Louie. But did you know that Daisy has three nieces? What are their names?”

Well, nobody knew. Silence took over for a good two minutes.

I considered turning my cellphone over and googling it, but opted not to cheat. Disney is not the place for cheating.

Finally, he gave us a clue: that one of the names was something we were experiencing right now. And as a toddler in the back guessed something that sounded like “Blargharghargh” and definitely did not sound like any word in the English language, I made an educated guess, and took a shot with “April, May and June?” (The thing we were experiencing being the month of May.)

And guess what? I WAS RIGHT. I was glad I didn’t cheat. I won a drawing AND remained morally clean. Plus, everyone made very impressed noises at my triumphant victory. It was one of those situations wherein I knew I'd heard their names before while looking at Disney trivia, and all I needed was the clue to spark my memory. Yay!

So I scooted up to the front after the class ended, and he personalized the drawing to me. Then, Mom took an awkward blurry photo of us together.

20891031571_b5bb41fe5b_z.jpg

Luckily, we got to take nicer pictures after.

We don't have pictures of our Daisy Ducks, but I'm hoping to snap some pics of all our Animations from this year to share in subsequent chapters. We’re hoping to get his drawing framed! That was my second CM drawing, the first being an artist sketch of Phineas and Ferb I received on our 2012 trip.
(It was our last night and we were supposed to draw Phineas and Ferb in the class, but an angry British man complained that his kids didn't know who they were because there was no P&F in Britain in 2012, apparently. He made a fuss for so long that the artist (The one who does the drawing videos on the youtube channel, Brian, I think) had to change characters to Jack Skellington because we ran out of time. We went up after the class to ask if he would be doing Phineas and Ferb in another class that night, but he had to follow the schedule. He gave me one of his own P&F drawings as consolation, and it's one of our favourite magical moments!) It felt a lot cooler to earn the drawing this time!

After our magical drawing class, we decided it was time to head over to our 2:30 FP+ for the Frozen Sing Along! On our way through Pixar Place, we spotted some of the Green Army Men, and since they're a favourite character of both my uncle and my grandfather, knew we had to stop for a visit.

We would be back that night at 7:30!

20883788505_7aa022c0f7_z.jpg

20695818978_c57537c78a_z.jpg

After our detour to the Army Men, we continued to the Frozen show. We took this FP essentially out of force. The tiering system, for some reason, includes GMR so we couldn’t FP that (not like you even need to), and we made a throwaway for Indy that we knew we wouldn’t make because of dinner, but nothing else was left.
And of course, we got lost en route. DHS is so hard to navigate, and we’d never tried to look for that theatre before. We wandered aimlessly until we found it, and got in the FP line in the blazing sun! (So glad this was finally moved to the former American Idol theatre, even if it means losing AIE which I loved as an attraction, having grown up with American Idol.)

We didn’t have to wait for too long, and Mom whipped out her umbrella to create us some shade, much to my combination of embarassment and appreciation. (Mom's umbrella brought us a hilarious moment later in the week. Spoilers!) We had great seats in the middle section of the theatre, and had granola bars to munch on while we waited. Life was pretty good.

20697033189_d86a3c78a9_z.jpg

20697030429_c50dda1dd5_z.jpg

Once standby was seated, the show started!

20874123942_cb5b57fa98_z.jpg

I ended up absolutely adoring this, and of course had to sing along just a little. I didn’t sing along as vivaciously as the four year-olds who were screaming out Let it Go, complete with Elsa-like arm movements, which was possibly the cutest thing ever.

20891012491_e978458485_z.jpg

The citizens made the show just as funny for the adults. When Kristoff walked in and they announced, “Look, it’s Justin Bieber! Oh, wait, no, he’s not in jail…”, everyone roared with laughter. The snow at the end was a really sweet touch and the whole show was really well executed. I think its position in the AI theatre is a really smart move and I hope they can build on it some more!

20697044109_0c851f15ea_z.jpg

We decided we wanted a quick snack before dinner (vacation logic), so we followed the throngs of people out of Frozen toward the Writer’s Stop. As a budding writer, I was more than excited to get here and we enjoyed a carrot cake cookie on the bench outside since every table inside was taken.

20695775348_18fefc1a5b_z.jpg

The carrot cake cookie was amazing: carrot cake is my favourite kind so I was in heaven. It was moist and the frosting was rich and perfectly proportioned. We were very happy campers.

We had more time before dinner, and Muppetvision was right around the corner, so we headed in to see the show. But first, we had to make sure the key was where it belonged.

20261167044_804f7fe5b3_z.jpg

This is one of my favourite Disney attractions, and the cheesy puns and ridiculous effects still get me every time. Having Statler and Waldorf up in the booth just makes the attraction for me (one of my high school teachers used to call my friend and I “those old Muppet guys” when we’d get too chatty).

20695682510_dca5017bdf_z.jpg

The only thing I didn’t get was why they made the pre-show involve Constantine from the Muppets: Most Wanted when he had nothing to do with the attraction at all. If Disney is planning a re-do of the attraction, it makes more sense. I’d never want to lose the part with Sam Eagle's patriotic safety instructions, though. I love that pre-show!

20857464866_7eea17133c_z.jpg

We paused to peruse the gift shop for a bit, but we had places to be. Our car was about to leave for a certain sci-fi movie…

Up Next: Chapter 14! “They’re IN Our CAR!”, or, Dinner at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre!

Last edited:
Weren't the citizens of Arendelle great?! Those were the same 2 we saw when we were there in December. They cracked us up.

Weren't the citizens of Arendelle great?! Those were the same 2 we saw when we were there in December. They cracked us up.

They were hilarious! The woman reminded me of Kristen Wiig so much. Her voices and mannerisms had us laughing the whole time!

I really enjoy reading this trip report Shannon :D it just makes me feel like I am there on vacation all over again :flower:I really thank you for writing it because I had forgotten so many of the important little things :chat: looking forward to the next chapter. PS this is your mom :laundy:

I really enjoy reading this trip report Shannon :D it just makes me feel like I am there on vacation all over again :flower:I really thank you for writing it because I had forgotten so many of the important little things :chat: looking forward to the next chapter. PS this is your mom :laundy:

Thanks Mom! :goodvibes I am working on it! It'll be lasting a fair bit longer still... (PS I know. I was sitting right next to you when you posted this. ;) )

It's too early in the morning to read, apparently. On first glance, I thought, "wow, your drawing of Daisy Duck is PERFECT!" :)

I won the animator's drawing, too, once, but sort of cheated. He said the first person to correctly identify whom we were drawing would win it. I shouted out, "Chip!" Which I knew, because we were starting with the exact steps we used to draw Chip earlier in the trip.

BTW, why is there a child urinating in the background of your photo with the animator?

The whiny family from 'Ohana is my new favorite family. They have both the silly complaints AND incorrectly naming parks and attractions things down.

Our son started high school this week and told me he heard several upperclassmen saying they hate Freshmen. I told him they were probably hated as Freshmen, too. And that, when they get to college, they will start hating ALL high school kids.

We didn't hit the Frozen sing-along, but we did go see the sing-along version of the movie when it was in theaters. Only nobody sang. Nobody. I was very tempted to stand up and belt out, "INNNNNNN SUMMMMMMERRRRRRRRRR..." at the conclusion of Olaf's song, but decided against embarrassing the rest of my family. If given the chance, I wouldn't make that mistake again.

"...a celebration of all nations...but mostly America" is one of my favorite lines at WDW :)

I really didn't like Muppets Most Wanted at all. Which is sad, because I like most of the other Muppet movies. The original is still the best, however. "Would you like to smell the bottlecap?"

Great update!

Having a great time reading your TR! However, I had to stop when I saw this picture! Actually I was very happy to see it! *SHE* was the absolute HIGHLIGHT of my trip last October for my birthday! It all started with her throwing "shade" at Cinderella... and when she realized I was a "Friend-of-Dorothy's"... it was like we were family! Absolutely the *best* Character interaction I've ever had. I cut myself out of the pic, because I look RIDICULOUS! She on the other hand, is gorgeous! Can't wait to continue reading!

ariel2_zpsfq2fai1r.jpg

I do know that we were graced once again with the presence of the family that made a huge deal over being snubbed by Pluto back at Ohana. They kept their heads down to their phones the whole time, only stopping to complain loudly that since the Poly was a deluxe resort, it should have better transportation services, and once again when someone asked the group waiting what bus left, to which they replied, "Splash Mountain." (Blizzard Beach is what we think they meant. There's no way to know for sure.)
:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao: I think I would have lost my restraint and started laughing!

And guess what? I WAS RIGHT. I was glad I didn’t cheat. I won a drawing AND remained morally clean. Plus, everyone made very impressed noises at my triumphant victory. It was one of those situations wherein I knew I'd heard their names before while looking at Disney trivia, and all I needed was the clue to spark my memory. Yay!
You smart cookie you! :thumbsup2

The carrot cake cookie was amazing: carrot cake is my favourite kind so I was in heaven. It was moist and the frosting was rich and perfectly proportioned. We were very happy campers.
Mmmmmmmm Carrot cake cookie!!

I am super late to the party but we had Kim (his last name starts with a K) when we did breakfast with the princesses in 2012! He was pretty dreamy then too!

At this point, we had the pineapple coconut bread, which was SO delicious. We were in love. I think we got a cinnamon raisin bread too,

Yum...that looked so good!!!! Everything did!!

as my little raspberry feast

Yum...I love raspberries...and you never get a whole bowl of them like that!

we enjoyed a carrot cake cookie on the bench outside since every table inside was taken.

Yum...and I'm so jealous you got to do the animation class...I'm so sad this won't be there when we go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter