“All Aboard the Seven Dwarfs Whine Train!” A May 2015/Mother's Day TR! ***TR COMPLETED 2/8!!!

Thanks for a wonderful TR! I appreciate the effort it takes and really enjoyed reading yours. I'm glad you have a plan to return all booked up. It always feels good to have a reservation made. Best wishes for your next adventure and grad school,too.

Of course, Mom asked if she could get a quickie with Mickey. She meant a quick photo. Not... not the other thing. Mickey and I looked at each other in absolute horror/amusement. I took time after the meal to inform Mom what exactly a quickie entailed. (I bet Mickey's friend had a pretty great story to tell after Mickey filled them in on his eventful evening.)
:rotfl:

love the atmosphere of the queue but sometimes it feels like it goes on forever. And there’s never enough people to actually fill it.
Would you actually want to be in that park when there are enough crowds to fill that queue? :earseek:

A woman came hurrying up to us after we got our slushies, and frantically asked us if they were daquiris. Something’s telling me her family was a bit much to handle that night.
:rotfl:

I wanted to buy it, and then remembered that I am a sensible adult. So instead I bought a massive plush of Sven the next day.
:thumbsup2:rotfl:

Near the end of our talk, she lightly tapped my arm and said, “Excuse me, I don’t think I’d like to go see the Carnotaurus.”
And then, my heart exploded, and I instantly wanted children. (Something that changed about 20 minutes later after encountering a handful of tantrums.)
Yeah kids don't stay cute all the time! :rotfl2:

And then instead of a normal photo, he was like “Hey, look at me!” and we looked sassily into each other’s eyes.

22619750750_e7cb320362_z.jpg
BTW... do you remember when you went to get in line for Gaston?

Will we be back?: Depends on how many restaurants we want to go to on our next trip and if we can slot Kona in anywhere. We love the food but the service is never the best.
Makes me even happier with my decison to swtich from a Kona Breakfast to a 1900 park fare "brunch"

As we stepped out of Philharmagic, Mom put her umbrella up to create some shade because it was, once again, as hot as the core of the earth that day.
Smart! And yes 5/11 was SUPER HOT! Probably because that was the day we picked for our AK day. :rolleyes2 Never fails.... :rotfl2:

He finally noticed, and she asked, “Excuse me, what is in that barrel?” The CM stood there, rather uncomfortably, for a few moments before answering. “Uh…. Guns.”

Mom and I looked at each other and had to actually hold back our laughter. The poor kid looked so stunned.

So that’s the secret, folks.

Guns.

We continued into the line, and had a great ride.
:rotfl: Probably not true now though.

We rounded the corner to the “pygmy party” and the skipper said, “They’re not here. Just like my prom date junior year!” Of course, I was the only one in the entire boat who laughed out loud at that, because I am a terrible person and a sucker for a good self-deprecating joke. The skipper looked directly at us and then said “It’s alright folks, you can laugh. She did.” Which just caused Mom and I to laugh even harder.
:thumbsup2

(guess what? They weren’t actually. We had to call the Photopass people after getting back home and they put them in.)
:sad2:

We then rode Buzz, so this gem of a ride photo happened.

24609251610_a7a1fe838e_z.jpg
:rotfl2::thumbsup2

We were incredibly overpacked.
This is why I prefer to drive! Overpacking isn't an issue.

My children's novel is almost ready to start sending off to literary agents
Oooo good luck!

What a fantastic trip report! Seriously, I can't say enough about it. It was one of the most hilarious, if not THEE most hilarious, TRs I've ever read. Never a dull moment.

I love your attitude toward a lot of things involved with visiting Disney - it seems you laugh at the little stuff, and don't sweat the negatives too much. Not surprising you're still finding Magic (tm) when so many others are not.

Best of luck in your upcoming plunge into the "real world". It's great to hear how much you're writing. Keep us posted on your work! I'd certainly read a novel penned by you. If it's written for kids, and therefore, easier for me to read, then all the better :)

Finally, it's great to hear you're going back to WDW! Can't wait for the next Trip Report, especially since it sounds like it might start before our next trip. Thanks so much for sharing this one.

I am so happy you came back to finish! Have a wonderful time with your friend and I wish you well with the rest of your studies.

Thank you so much! :)

I'll be on the lookout for your next TR! Good luck with the children's book!

Thank you! :)

Thanks for a wonderful TR! I appreciate the effort it takes and really enjoyed reading yours. I'm glad you have a plan to return all booked up. It always feels good to have a reservation made. Best wishes for your next adventure and grad school,too.

It definitely feels great! Thanks for reading!

Would you actually want to be in that park when there are enough crowds to fill that queue? :earseek:
Yeah kids don't stay cute all the time! :rotfl2:

BTW... do you remember when you went to get in line for Gaston?

Makes me even happier with my decison to swtich from a Kona Breakfast to a 1900 park fare "brunch"

Smart! And yes 5/11 was SUPER HOT! Probably because that was the day we picked for our AK day. :rolleyes2 Never fails.... :rotfl2:

:rotfl: Probably not true now though.

This is why I prefer to drive! Overpacking isn't an issue.

Oooo good luck!

I would NEVER want to be there when it was that busy! :rotfl:

I think we got in line.... around 10-ish? I didn't write it down time-wise.

1900 PF is a fantastic brunch!! You guys will love it! Make sure to try the strawberry soup if it's still there. (I can't imagine it wouldn't be!)

I wish we could drive! Canada is a bit far away to make it work for us. Maybe someday!

Thanks so much! :)

What a fantastic trip report! Seriously, I can't say enough about it. It was one of the most hilarious, if not THEE most hilarious, TRs I've ever read. Never a dull moment.

I love your attitude toward a lot of things involved with visiting Disney - it seems you laugh at the little stuff, and don't sweat the negatives too much. Not surprising you're still finding Magic (tm) when so many others are not.

Best of luck in your upcoming plunge into the "real world". It's great to hear how much you're writing. Keep us posted on your work! I'd certainly read a novel penned by you. If it's written for kids, and therefore, easier for me to read, then all the better :)

Finally, it's great to hear you're going back to WDW! Can't wait for the next Trip Report, especially since it sounds like it might start before our next trip. Thanks so much for sharing this one.

Thank you for following along! It really means a lot that you found it so entertaining. Makes me happy I finished it up!

I will definitely keep everyone posted probably through the new TR if anything exciting is going down!

I am pretty sure, based on when I think you're going, that it'll at least be started before you leave! :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing!!!

Thanks for reading! :goodvibes

I read the whole thing! I miiiiiight have been late back to work from my lunch break because I was trying to finish reading, and you miiiiiight have inspired me to order custom ears and hair bows for my daughters for our upcoming trip. :lovestruc Great read! If I hadn't already paid up front for dvc point rental, you may have even convinced me Pop is a good choice for our resort stay! Next time...

PS, I also have to say I appreciate your writing. Great vocabulary and grammar, with a splash of personality--then I see at the end that you are a writer. Love it! :flower:

Wow! It's like when you find a good trilogy and all the books are available. I enjoyed your trip report. I have a daughter who is about your age. I hope someday that she and I can do a trip like you and your mom did. Thanks for taking the time to write and complete this report.

Some shameless self-promotion as I respond to the lovely comments: my 2016 Trip Report just went live! You can find it here: "Fight Me, Cry-Lo Ren!" and Other Tales of Mayhem".

What an amazing trip report...thank you so much for sharing...one of my fav so far :)

Thanks so much for reading! :)

I read the whole thing! I miiiiiight have been late back to work from my lunch break because I was trying to finish reading, and you miiiiiight have inspired me to order custom ears and hair bows for my daughters for our upcoming trip. :lovestruc Great read! If I hadn't already paid up front for dvc point rental, you may have even convinced me Pop is a good choice for our resort stay! Next time...

PS, I also have to say I appreciate your writing. Great vocabulary and grammar, with a splash of personality--then I see at the end that you are a writer. Love it! :flower:

Custom ears and bows are the best! I'm already thinking about how to make some ears for my next Disney vacation in a few years! Pop is a really great choice for a value, it's one of our all-time favourites. But a DVC resort would be amazing too!

Thank you so much! That really means a lot!

Wow! It's like when you find a good trilogy and all the books are available. I enjoyed your trip report. I have a daughter who is about your age. I hope someday that she and I can do a trip like you and your mom did. Thanks for taking the time to write and complete this report.

Haha, I know the feeling! Thanks for reading! It's a really great opportunity to make some memories, and we find we enjoy the trips more now that I'm older than when I was a moody fifteen year-old. ;)

First time poster but been a lurker for about 4 years... your trip report was so fantastic, I just had to tell you. Love your writing style! Good luck in your studies and hope you enjoy your next trip with your friend ☺

That was a fun romp. Know how hard it is to finish one of these, so thank you very much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter