ª"˜˜ª¤.¸Team August 2013 Thread! (Part 2)¸.¤ª˜˜"ª&#9733

I just got back and all we added was the texting packages ($40 unlimited). I didnt realize the parks had wifi, not sure why I never checked on that. But the lady at Telus checked at the store and confirmed they did. So that should be fine.

On a side note, out PP+ package didnt arrive in time as we feared. Now we have to go somewhere the first night to get it sorted before our early breakfast at Ohanas the next morning. Oh my!

If you go to DtD the first night they should have a kiosk there (I think, please don't take my word for he truth)

We were just offered the wrist bands and dh and I decided to no do it.

We only have 4 1/2 days and we have no idea where we want to be when. We have been tossing ideas about what we want to do in each park but have not set plan. It is just the 2 of us so we are really up in the air with where we are going each day.

Two weeks tomorrow we leave:cool1::cool1:

I'm curious. Where are you staying? I have been wondering if towards the end of the month they might expand the testing resorts.

We were just offered the wrist bands and dh and I decided to no do it.

We only have 4 1/2 days and we have no idea where we want to be when. We have been tossing ideas about what we want to do in each park but have not set plan. It is just the 2 of us so we are really up in the air with where we are going each day.

Two weeks tomorrow we leave:cool1::cool1:

I just read that the mchs (computer programs) have been down and that ppl with the Magic Bands couldn't use them. THey had to wave ppl with the bands through the gates 'cause the mchs couldn't read them. Crazy troubles. I am glad we weren't chosen.

I got my work schedule for the week before our trip so now I can start counting down how many more work days until Disney! 16 days in total, 8 work days (that is, if my managers don't decide to change it last minute, which they've been known to do ;))

I just read that the mchs (computer programs) have been down and that ppl with the Magic Bands couldn't use them. THey had to wave ppl with the bands through the gates 'cause the mchs couldn't read them. Crazy troubles. I am glad we weren't chosen.

Oh man! If I have trouble day 1 I'm opting out and going old school KTTWC!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Lol I fear the "trip over" blues! If only the trips could last forever... But then I'd have nothing to countdown to or plan for lol!

I think the blues will be worse this year knowing we won't be back for three years this time... Even though I'll be pushing to book the bounce back lol

I hear that!

I'm curious. Where are you staying? I have been wondering if towards the end of the month they might expand the testing resorts.

We are staying at POP

Oh man! If I have trouble day 1 I'm opting out and going old school KTTWC!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I think that is also a reason we are not going to use the wristband. This is our first time with the dining plan so we have enough going on.

So I finally ordered and received my hat in the mail, and it was too small on my head! Oy. Plus DD7's was too small also :sad2:. Gotta send them back, already ordered more and hoping they will arrive before we depart!

Oh my! Just printed our itinerary an noticed two of our flight times have changed for our way home. Now we only have a 45 min stop in Toronto where we have to go thru customs so no way we can make the connecting flight. Called to see what can be done and there were no options available. This is thru aeroplan so we have to let them sort it out. They had to open a support case which takes 4 business days and then someone will call us. Seeing we will be in WDW then we had to add a voice package to our cell phone, grrr.

The lady said not to worry as they ensure all their clients get home. I hope we get to stay in Orlando an extra day haha. Too bad tho, so stressful...

What are all the Canadians going doing for cell coverage? I looked into a plan with my carrier and it would cost me lose to $75 to get a little bit of data, I want to make sure I can text some friends while there... Not sure if its worth getting a pay as you go phone when we arrive...

Any tips??

We are with Telus.

I get the $40 combo plan for my phone (50 minutes of calling, 50 text messages, 25 mb of data). I also pick up a Vox calling card so I can call my mom from our resort and check in a few times over our stay.

DS gets the text travel pass for his Iphone 5, which gives him unlimited texting for $40.

We are with Telus.

I get the $40 combo plan for my phone (50 minutes of calling, 50 text messages, 25 mb of data). I also pick up a Vox calling card so I can call my mom from our resort and check in a few times over our stay.

DS gets the text travel pass for his Iphone 5, which gives him unlimited texting for $40.

Thanks Gina! I'll be calling it in tomorrow to get the $50 plan, we won't be calling home during the trip so don't need the calling card :-)

Drove and picked up my girls a day early and it took the whole day thanks to all the trailers and semis on the highway, I'm just glad to have them home! 6 days away and we have packing to finish. I feel unprepared but am sure it'll come together in time to leave!!

tumblr_mrbuzcucso1qztdgbo1_500.jpg

Today I made sure to get proper footwear for my trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter