“Les poissons, les poissons!” A vegetarian and a carnivore EAT! *30/4 COMPLETE!!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to say how much I've enjoyed your reviews! I really felt like I was on the trip with you!! The food, pictures and memories are so precious. :cloud9:

Aww thank you so much, I hope you had/are having a lovely time and my reviews helped you! I'd be interested to know if you went for the veggie unplugged if you went to CG? popcorn:: :goodvibes xxxxx

Been away from the disboards, sulking in my post holiday blues :sad:

We did indeed go to to Cali Grill - oh happy taste buds. i had the goat cheese ravioli to start, minnus the red onion thanks to annoying sensitivities, but I came down on the pro-ravioli side of the fence. Delicious. I had the veggie unplugged too, and it was pretty much identical to your other half's. The strawberry salad that was included in mine was definately the highlight...

Have you seen the latest offer on the WDW site for us brits? We've succumbed & booked 2 weeks next February at the WL with free dining upgraded to the Duluxe dining plan - so, time to start working out what we're going to do with all those credits! and only 313 days to do it...

I am so glad you enjoyed Narcoossee's. It is without a doubt one of my two favorite places at Disney (it ties with Flying Fish).

What a beautiful review of Narccoosses! I love that place so much I even had dinner there once alone just for the lobster and cheesecake:goodvibes

Ms. Libby, I only just found your dining report and I'm loving it! :love:

I know you've reported your trip elsewhere's, but you should really think about reporting it here!! ::yes::

I love reading about your trip mixed in with your dining!! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

You are just too cute and so is your Benji. :goodvibes

Please, please, next trip take more video of yourselves, you are such a cute couple and I love hearing your accents.
I'm sure if you met me you'd think mine a bit funny seeing how I've been living in Texas for the last 17 years. :laughing:

Also....tell Mr. Benji he needs to put a ring on your finger and to marry you, straight away! ::yes:: :laughing:

Incidentally...how old are y'all? If you don't mind me asking? :upsidedow

I cannot begin to tell you how much I enjoyed your review. I was totally tearing up thinking about YOU tearing up, haha! I want you to be able to go back again soon, you guys are just so sweet!

Awww what a lovely comment :) Thank you so much! We are in the process of thinking about maybe kinda possibly...booking for next year :cool1: it's so exciting!!!!! xxxxx

great reviews :goodvibes

Thank you!

I'm getting misty eyed reading about your last day at MK. I'm glad I'm not the only one who cries at the prospect of leaving Disney World at the end of vacation. :goodvibes

Loved your Narcoossee review! DH and I ate there for the first time on our honeymoon and had such a wonderful experience. We ate there again for our first anniversary and it was just as good the second time. I'm so glad you enjoyed it there too because I read so many negative reviews for it and it makes me kind of sad that not everyone has a great experience there. I seriously dream about the almond cheesecake! It might be the best dessert in WDW.

Thanks for posting the link to your trip report as well! I'll definitely have to read along on there too! :goodvibes

Awww def not the only one, I'm pretty sure most people do!! I may just cry more than others :lmao:

Awww we looooved Narcoosees so much as I think came across in the review! To be honest I can remember the steak and lobster a lot more than I can the cheesecake...think I had drunk a bit too much by that point, oops! I know it was incredible though, oohhhhhh what I wouldn't give to have one now!!

Hope you enjoy the trippie, I will post it on here when I get a chance to make it easier for everyone :)

Yay! Loved loved loved your Narcoossee's review - sounds like one of the nicest meals ever. We were disappointed there last summer (mainly because of a dreadful server), but from everything I've seen they've stepped things up in a variety of ways, from the food to the service. Now I'm more tempted than ever to return. :) Your description of the almond-crusted cheesecake makes me want to order it again, even though I didn't love it when I got it. :laughing:

Aww so sorry to hear you were disappointed! I don't think I could fault it at all! The cheesecake was incredible and it's not something I'd normally go for at all, I'm a chocolate fiend! But the almond flavour was soooo good!

Maybe if your server wasn't the best you could request Amir? We honestly loved him Glad you're enjoying the reviews, thank you :) xxxxx

Great reviews, as usual. I've never really read dining reviews before and I'm so glad to have read these. I hope you guys get back to WDW soon. I always get sad leaving, but I imagine it would be even more depressing if there was an ocean between me and WDW. :hug: You two are adorable. Thanks so much for sharing your trip.

ETA: This is a silly thing to mention, but since this is a thread about food, here goes: I'm a vegetarian as well and many years ago I did a study abroad semester in London. One of my most prominent memories of my time there was eating vegetarian Ramen noodles from Sainburys all.the.time. I don't know what they put in those things, but they were so good (at least to a college student, lol).

Aww thank you :) Glad you're enjoying the reviews :) It is very depressing knowing we are so far away :( Kills me in fact!! I'm hoping and praying we will get back next year, theres nothing else we'd rather do so I can't really see any reason why we won't be able to, funds allowing!

Hahaha I love that little memory! I used to eat those noodles a lot when I was a student too, the really cheap ones are like 12p! Crazy!! Hehe :rotfl: xxxxxxxxx

What a wonderful review of Narcoosees :goodvibes

It's nights like this that you will remember forever, what a fab way to celebrate 7 years together :hug:

Awww thank you Linda, it was very special indeed :) xxxxxx

I'm alway so happy to see when you put up some new reviews. I'm sad that it's coming to an end! But I'm glad that you posted your trip report so I can read some more!:)

Thank you so much! So glad you've enjoyed the reviews! :goodvibes I'm sad that they're coming to an end haha and I was actually there!! :rotfl: xxxxxx

I just want to say how much I've enjoyed your reviews! I really felt like I was on the trip with you!! The food, pictures and memories are so precious. :cloud9:

Awww thank you so much, that means a lot to me :) We had a fantastic time and it is wonderful to have all our memories recorded too look back on :) xxxxx

Been away from the disboards, sulking in my post holiday blues :sad:

We did indeed go to to Cali Grill - oh happy taste buds. i had the goat cheese ravioli to start, minnus the red onion thanks to annoying sensitivities, but I came down on the pro-ravioli side of the fence. Delicious. I had the veggie unplugged too, and it was pretty much identical to your other half's. The strawberry salad that was included in mine was definately the highlight...

Have you seen the latest offer on the WDW site for us brits? We've succumbed & booked 2 weeks next February at the WL with free dining upgraded to the Duluxe dining plan - so, time to start working out what we're going to do with all those credits! and only 313 days to do it...

Aww post holiday blues, I hear ya! Glad you loved Cali Grill!! I bet I'll end up ordering the ravioli again next time just because it sounds so amazing!! Haha. Mmm Strawberry salad, that sounds fab!

YES I have seen the offer...We are looking at hopefully 3 weeks next year :scared1: a few nights on I-Drive to recover from the jet lag and go to our favourite restaurants like the OLIVE GARDEN again, 2 or 3 nights at HRH and then 14 glorious nights at SSR :worship:

Which currently has 42% off and free DDP and a $200 giftcard...which is a fabulous deal and IMO quite affordable so I'm going to do some number crunching the next few weeks and hopefully we will book soooooon :) xxxxxxx

I am so glad you enjoyed Narcoossee's. It is without a doubt one of my two favorite places at Disney (it ties with Flying Fish).

Oooh I want to try flying fish next time soooooo badly!! Menu looks lovely! :) xxxxxx

What a beautiful review of Narccoosses! I love that place so much I even had dinner there once alone just for the lobster and cheesecake:goodvibes

WOAH you legend I am in awe, I would totally eat there alone!! That lobster is just worth it's weight in gold!! :) xxxxxxxx

Ms. Libby, I only just found your dining report and I'm loving it! :love:

I know you've reported your trip elsewhere's, but you should really think about reporting it here!! ::yes::

I love reading about your trip mixed in with your dining!! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

You are just too cute and so is your Benji. :goodvibes

Please, please, next trip take more video of yourselves, you are such a cute couple and I love hearing your accents.
I'm sure if you met me you'd think mine a bit funny seeing how I've been living in Texas for the last 17 years. :laughing:

Also....tell Mr. Benji he needs to put a ring on your finger and to marry you, straight away! ::yes:: :laughing:

Incidentally...how old are y'all? If you don't mind me asking? :upsidedow

First of all, what a lovely comment!! I took a photo of it on the screen and sent it to Ben for him to see hehe, particularly the ring bit!! ;) I'm sure we will get married one day but for now we've got much better things to spend our money on and I have actually forbidden me from asking me haha as we both still live with our parents and I don't feel ready yet :laughing: but the time will come!! Perhaps a WDW engagement...:cloud9:

Glad you've enjoyed the reviews and I've decided I will definately post the trippie on here for all to read, it'll be a bit of a faff but I have a couple days off work next week (house-sitting and they have a puppy that needs looking after!!) so I will try and do it then :) and I'll link it from here so everyone can see it.

Hahaha glad that you love the videos, when we get some free time we are actually hoping to upload some edited ones, random days of the holiday etc and i'll link them on here. Some of them are hilarious!! I hate the sound of my voice though it's soooo high pitched!!! Swear it's not that high pitched really!!!

We are both 24 :) :) Thank you for your lovely comments xxxxxxxx

Our Final Day :(

Lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express

Our final day!! We were up at 8am this morning. The ME was picking us up at 2pm to take us to the airport and we needed to pack up and sort our lives out, get out the room,check out and get to DTD to spend our last precious hours in the Disney bubble.

We got ready and began the frenzied process of stuffing our suitcases full of all the rubbish souviners we (I) had accumulated.

After what seemed like a decade we had all of our bags packed, zipped and locked. I’d had to make some tough decisions surrounding the issue of what is and isn’t a souvenir. I felt every single item I’d collected over the past 2 weeks was worthy of being brought home but our luggage allowance disagreed. So I was only able to bring back one bag filled with receipts, napkins, maps, leaflets, menus etc etc which was about 1/5 of what I’d collected! Never mind I chose the good stuff ;) I actually had to throw away some tops, dresses, flip flops etc in order to fit everything in hahah!

I took some final photos of our lovely studio. I know we’ve all seen them before but I think it just looked especially beautiful on this last morning.

P1020149.jpg

P1020150.jpg

P1020152.jpg

Overcome with emotion, I took a close-up of the microwave. I don’t know why.

P1020153.jpg

And of our beautiful balcony and view.

P1020156.jpg

P1020158.jpg

P1020161.jpg

Such beautiful details that make it so special :)

P1020160.jpg

Sad faaaceeee :(

P1020165.jpg

Couldn’t take the flowers home but I picked out the ‘special rose’ which was surrounded with gold netting and laid it flat in my planning folder to keep.

P1020164.jpg

Final shot :(

P1020155.jpg

We hauled all our bags out into the corridor, said goodbye to the room and I took a photo of it to remember <3

P1020166.jpg

(anyone else get emotional about hotel rooms!?!?)

We had to walk down to the Reception, I can’t remember why though, I think because if we’d have got the bus it would have gone to DTD first and Carriage House last and we just wanted to get going. Bit of a faff heaving our bags along but we made it! We were able to leave our bags with the same guys we did on the first day (all those days ago…) and we were free to hit DTD.

We walked down to the bus stop, stopping for a second to take a photo of the main pool. We both said it was a shame we hadn’t had a chance to visit it, we’d only visited our local quiet pool once which was right near our room! Next time we would like to have the chance to spend some time there as it looks like such a nice area.

P1020170.jpg

(Interestingly, while watching a video of this particular moment I noticed you can quite clearly hear Banj say “so next time we should come for 3 weeks so we can really get to make use of the pool…” Just sayin’.)

More photos of our beloved resort.

P1020172.jpg

P1020173.jpg

P1020175.jpg

P1020176.jpg

P1020180.jpg

I can’t understand why ANYONE wouldn’t like SSR and it really annoys me that people often say it is their least favourite deluxe. Yes it is big and spaced out but it really doesn’t affect your holiday in ANY WAY – we chose to be nearer to DTD and the 10 minute walk was fantastic but if you choose to be near Carriage House you are mega close to all the facilities! And if you weren’t fussed about DTD you wouldn’t ever have to walk far at all! If we go to SSR again (which we would both LOVE and can’t imagine going to a value…we’d need the 45% off offer though so fingers crossed) we would for sure stay at Congress Park because for us, the walk to DTD just made the holiday. Plus it made it so much easier going from resort to resort which we did quite often for dinner etc as we could just go from DTD and no pesky bus changes or anything. So annoying that the busses don’t go resort to resort though haha! Faff central. Okay speech over!!

Just one more photo I promise, look how beautiful this is :)

P1020179.jpg

We only waited about 5 minutes for a bus which was good and we were soon on our way to DTD. First stop was WPE for an early lunch! It was only about 11.00 which was good because it was suuuuper quiet. Time to use up our last CS credits!

I was really looking forward to WPE because I knew it gets rave reviews pretty much across the board for it’s table service style quick service. I was tempted by the sandwiches on the menu and also the meatloaf but in the end we both went for pizza ::yes:: We’d hardly eaten pizza during the holiday, have you noticed?

I chose the four cheese pizza and Benji got the veggie one. I just had to get the crème brulee as my dessert and Ben opted for frozen yogurt which he was told to come up and get when he was ready. We both chose fountain drinks, I think we both got still lemonade mmmmm! It was nice and quiet and we were able to get a great seat right at the front of the restaurant in front of the window.

Super sad faces in WPE :(

P1020182.jpg

P1020185.jpg

Our pizzas were bought out quite quickly and we were both a little shocked at how gourmet they looked!!

P1020186.jpg

P1020187.jpg

Four Cheese Pizza - Mozzarella, fontina, parmesan, and creamy goat cheese with fresh basil, pesto sauce and fresh and sun-dried tomatoes. This was soooo delicious. It had huge bits of creamy goats cheese that I greedily smeared around the top so that every bite would have a goats cheese tang :D There was also lovely fresh parmesan on top rich worked really well with the rich pesto. GOD it was actually incredible, one of the best pizza’s I’ve ever eaten and that is saying something!

P1020188.jpg

P1020189.jpg

Tuscan Vegetable Pizza - Tuscan vegetable pizza. - $9.95
Ben was equally amazed at his veggie pizza and they both vanished within seconds! (ish)

Benj then went off to get his frozen yogurt and he came with…plain fro-yo. Hmmm! I asked him if there was any toppings and he was like “yep…but I just wanted plain.” I’ll let him off because he’s cute but let it be known I do not normally find this kind of behaviour acceptable.

P1020191.jpg

My crème brulee was awesome! Soooo good! It was only lukewarm because they bought it out with my pizza but it didn’t really matter, it was so creamy and yummy MMM I ate it all ;)

P1020190.jpg

Ben enjoyed his plain frozen yogurt a lot too, in fact he had to stop eating it at one point because they gave him a huge portion and he was feeling mega sick! I had to physically remove it from his clutches haha cause he was enjoying it so much!

After we’d finished we headed over to Goofy’s Candy Co. As you have probably predicted, we were left with a boatload of snack credits. I know, I know, all holiday I’ve been saying “urghhh I’m not going to use a SC on a bottle of WATER” etc etc and Ben has been gently reminding me we’ll have lots left over and should probably start using them on drinks…well I didn’t. We had like 7 left haha. We only had 14 to start with! And this included 2 afternoons spent eating around the F&W festival. Oops!! It didn’t matter though because we just grabbed a bunch of chocolates and sweets for our friends and family and I also added some popcorn (I hadn’t had any the whole holiday can you believe that!?) and a pumpkin rice crispy treat that I ate at work a couple weeks after we got back and got quite emotional. It wasn’t that great though, the icing was a bit ick and it was really, sickeningly sweet but obviously I forced it down!

After our visit to Goofy’s we walked over to Characters in Flight which was a lovely way to end the holiday (it may be a tradition now as we did the same on our 1st trip to DLP by going on Panoramagique on our last day :) ) and then walked back to SSR for the final time. Sob!!!

Airport and In-Flight Food

We got on the ME from SSR and it all went smoothly, very depressing ride but we watched the little video and tried to keep our spirits up…it was hard.

Once we arrived at the airport we went though all the usual stuff, got rid of our bags and were free to wander round for about an hour and a half before our plane was loading. Benji decided he was peckish so we did a brief circle of the (very limited!) food choices in the food hall. It was getting a bit tense because none of them had veggie options or sounded very appetizing but then ended up at good ol’ Burger King which I was actually quite excited for as I was gutted I never got to try an American McDonalds! (I know they are the same and that’s the whole point of the chain but I remember from my youth they just tasted sooo much better! We never have McD’s over here anyway so I wouldn’t have had much to compare it to on reflection!) Benji ordered a veggie burger meal and I couldn’t resist and got a single cheeseburger on the side :D It came to like $5 it was crazy haha especially after a week of Disney food! Which I know was free but still, no denying a $12 burger is spennnnsiiiveee! It was actually really funny here because Ben picked up some fries thinking I wanted them but I didn’t so he put them back down and a guy said to him, “are you going to buy those? it’s just I’ll have to throw them away if you don’t” ohhhh how bad did we feel!!! Ben was like “sorry!” grabbed them and shoved them on the tray and we quickly moved on haha. awwwkkkwaaarddd! So I ended up with a burger and fries! Win!

We sat at a little table and enjoyed our feast; the burgers were good, standard fast food obviously but def filled a hole :) The fries were really hot and crispy too although I do prefer McD’s fries it has to be said :D

Ben’s quite impressive looking veggie burger

P1020221.jpg

P1020222.jpg

My burger looked a little sad in comparison. It matched my mood

P1020223.jpg

After we’d finished our snacks we headed over to a newsagents to get a magazine. I may have got a little carried away and in a moment of ‘OMG WE’RE LEAVING AMERICA’ I bought 6 magazines :O :( came to like $20 haha!! I couldn’t choose because I got so excited seeing all the different names. I hasten to add I had already bought American Glamour, People and Cosmo earlier in the holiday…I also got us a bottle of water and Benji got a magazine. We were all set!

We saw that our plane was boarding so headed up to the departures lounge. We were quite early so got a couple of seats and just sat down to wait. Oooooohhhhh it was depressing.

P1020225.jpg

Once on the plane we settled down for the loooooong flight. After a little while our in-flight meal was bought out…and I finally got my cheesy pasta! Haha!!

I only seem to have taken a photo of mine but it’s okay because we both had the same! It was really lovely too, saucy and cheesy and GOOD. We also got a small side salad with dressing, bread roll and an…unusual….banana cake. I also had a glass of wine. Benj had the same but minus the wine, plus a beer.

P1020233.jpg

Very nice food and definitely filled a hole. We both pretty much slept the rest of the way back, arriving back to grey, depressing, rainy Gatwick at about 6.30am.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that is it! 15 nights of FOOD, the best food I’ve ever eaten in my life!! I really hope everyone enjoyed the reviews and thank you for all your wonderful comments, so lovely to hear all of your thoughts! I’ve had quite a lot of people say they’d like to read the full trippie (which also includes all the food, just in case you want to see it all in context! How could I not have included the food in the trippie when we were eating 80% of the time…) so I will be posting it in the Trip Reports section in the next couple of weeks and I’ll post a link here and in my sig. It’s a loooong read!! But quite enjoyable I think!!

For now though, I will leave you with a quote that is at the end of my trippie and that I think is very apt when it comes to me and Ben :)

“You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway.” – Walt Disney​

:)

OMG!!!

that was SUCH a great dining TR!!!!

I just wish you could go back sooner so I could read another one!!

I just loved your writing style and your "writing accent" - it came through so clearly!!

I was a lurker through the whole TR, and sorry to say that I waited until the last moment to pop out and say "HI"!!

Great job!!

What a great dining report! I truly enjoyed reading about your adventures, and all the lovely/yummy food you and Ben had. Thanks again for sharing! :goodvibes

Thank you for your reviews. You are a lovely couple, and I absolutely loved reading your posts. They were so fun, I almost felt like I was back at Disney!

So sad to see your reviews have ended. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute, thanks for sharing!!!:goodvibes

So sad that your dining report is over! I really enjoyed reading about your trip! Your updates have helped me get through a lot of boring hours at work. :laughing: I hope you and Ben get to go again this year so that we all have another great dining report to look forward to. :goodvibes

P.S. was that a Nicki Minaj shirt I spotted you wearing in one of your pics? Love it :thumbsup2

My DD10 and I loved, loved, loved your dining reviews! DD just loved your rating system. and wants to adopt it the next time we go to WDW, lol! She loved reading your posts from your point of view being from the UK. We loved to see how much joy being at WDW brought you. You both are a super sweet couple and wish you all the best! Can't wait to read your TR and any future reviews you do! :yay: It's obvious you spend a lot of time on writing and posting photos so your efforts are appreciated! Thanks for sharing!:)

Aww so sorry to hear you were disappointed! I don't think I could fault it at all! The cheesecake was incredible and it's not something I'd normally go for at all, I'm a chocolate fiend! But the almond flavour was soooo good!

Maybe if your server wasn't the best you could request Amir? We honestly loved him Glad you're enjoying the reviews, thank you :) xxxxx
Sounds like a good suggestion - we'll try to request him whenever we go back. I'm actually really looking forward to it now :)

So sad that your reviews are done! I'm happy you enjoyed WPE, I've only been there once but it was such a huge step up from typical quick service food. And I love that Walt Disney quote - what a lovely way to end the review! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter