“It’s All in the Details” 2-week January Photo Trip report

OMG your children are without gloves and is that Sunshine in those pictures?????

How did you stand the heat?

Computers...love 'em and hate 'em. Long story short: Laptop died while I was backing it up, and in the process I lost everything on it. Got a new one and just finished re-loading pictures, etc. So after a L-O-N-G break, I'm ready to finish my trip report.

And backing up my harddrive much more frequently. ;)

I know you have heard this a few times, but your pictures are really great. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 I loved the pictures of the tigers. My wifes favorite animal.

I have to agree with you that the Animal Kingdom is a great park. I can't say it's my favorite, but it comes close. 10 times riding Everest....very nice. :banana: :banana:

I'm sorry to hear about your computer. I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures soon. :goodvibes

:surfweb:

DAY 10 - MAGIC KINGDOM

Back to the Magic Kingdom, and it is a gorgeous day.

Castle Show:

Haunted Mansion:

"Hurry back, hurry back..."

Big Thunder:

Riverboat Ride:

DAY 10 (cont.) - FORT WILDERNESS / WILDERNESS LODGE

After a great morning at the Magic Kingdom, we headed over to the Fort Wilderness Campground, one of my very favorite places.

Going horseback riding!

After the horseback ride and exploring the campground, we took the walking path over to Wilderness Lodge. All along the path, someone had made "Hidden Mickeys' out of different things...

We also saw some deer along the path...

We explored the Wilderness Lodge...

Then headed back to Fort Wilderness for the nightly campfire and movie...

I followed a link that led to your 2009 TR first your family is gorgeous your pictures amazing I've been going to WDW since the 1980's and saw everything so diffently through your eyes..I just read the 2009 TR and plan to read them all in the next few days :thumbsup2

Ruthie

I followed a link that led to your 2009 TR first your family is gorgeous your pictures amazing I've been going to WDW since the 1980's and saw everything so diffently through your eyes..I just read the 2009 TR and plan to read them all in the next few days :thumbsup2

Ruthie

Thank you, Ruthie. :goodvibes

I know you have heard this a few times, but your pictures are really great. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 I loved the pictures of the tigers. My wifes favorite animal.

I have to agree with you that the Animal Kingdom is a great park. I can't say it's my favorite, but it comes close. 10 times riding Everest....very nice. :banana: :banana:

I'm sorry to hear about your computer. I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures soon. :goodvibes

:surfweb:

Thank you for the kind words. Yep, Everest was a blast! :thumbsup2

WOW!

Wow, wow, wow!!!

I am really, really impressed!

I am a total photography wannabe, and am just drooling over your art!

You truly have an eye for details (the very thing I'm looking for in my trip this Sept.) and have inspired me to really keep my eyes wide open for the little things.

Questions:

Are most of your photos HD?? The colors are so sharp and pretty!

You say you have a middle of the road camera. Can you be more specific??

Thanks for such a wonderful spread of lucious Disney-ness!

You truly have an eye for details (the very thing I'm looking for in my trip this Sept.) and have inspired me to really keep my eyes wide open for the little things.

Thank you. I really had fun looking for detail. I got the idea from looking at a thread here on the DIS Photography board called something like "Photos Your Average Tourist May Not Take" or similar. So many cool photos there.

Disney has given so much thought to the details. I've been there many times before, and didn't notice as much as I did this time. I can't wait to go back and see more!

Are most of your photos HD?? The colors are so sharp and pretty!

No, but I do "tweak" them on the computer using Picnik.

You say you have a middle of the road camera. Can you be more specific??

Yes, it's a Fuji Finepix s6000fd. It was recommended to me by some over on the DIS Photography Board.

Thanks for such a wonderful spread of lucious Disney-ness!

Thank you. :goodvibes I hope you have a wonderful trip in September.

DAY 11: EPCOT

Today was so much fun! While riding "Living With the Land" earlier in our trip, my youngest asked if we could please go on the "Behind the Seeds" tour. So that was one of the things on our agenda today.

The kids got to release ladybugs onto some plants:

Our tour guide at the end of the tour:

After the tour, we explored the World Showcase:

Mural in Mexico:

Architecture in Italy:

Marketplace in Morocco:

Raspberry Cheesecake from the French Bakery:

France:

Rode the new "Sum of all Thrills"

Did the Waste Management thing at Innoventions:

The kids starred in their own video game:

Kids were tired, so we went back to the room for awhile to rest, and my youngest swam. Headed over to the Magic Kingdom to catch Spectromagic:

Quick ride on the Carousel...(and if you look closely, you can see my daughter is wearing her cast sweatshirt from the musical "Carousel" she was in back home... :)

On our way out of the park, we took a little detour through Casey's....

And thus ends yet another wonderful day in the magical world of Walt Disney!

DAY 12: EPCOT

We did sleep in a bit again today, and decided to have a "shopping day." We started off in Downtown Disney, and got some souvenirs. After shopping, we had lunch at Wolfgang Express. Excellent food, and really nice cast members.

I had the alfredo pasta with chicken. Mmmm...

Daughter had the chicken strips, and they were great.

Did a little shopping at the Lego store:

After shopping and lunch, we headed over to Epcot. We wanted to do a few rides, and then shop throughout the countries, and get a little 'something' from each country. These were great souvenirs for the kids.

Mission: Space was first up:

This next picture is special for my daughter. She sings soprano in a choir back home, and so she really liked listening to the soprano in the "Voices of Liberty" in the American Pavilion. She was so shy to go up and talk to her, but I encouraged her to so I could get a picture. The young lady was so nice and talked to my daughter for quite some time about singing.

France:

My son was so looking forward to fish and chips...and they were everything he was dreaming of!

It started to get dark...Epcot is so pretty there at night...

Stopped to watch Off Kilter for awhile:

Then continued to shop in the different countries:

China:

Italy:

Africa:

FutureWorld:

And of course, a yummy candy bar from England:

Words can't even describe how beautiful your pics are! You did an amazing job of capturing the Disney essence :thumbsup2 It is fun to look at all the little details and not get caught up in just taking pics of family with the usual Disney backgrounds (although family pics are definitely important too!) Sounds like you three are experiencing Disney in the best way :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter