“Is there anything in my teeth?” “God I’m so full!!!” The Trip Report from 06/23-07/6

Wednesday June 24th

It’s Wednesday! Our first official day here. We got up around 6:15 or 6:30 since we had breakfast reservations at Boma at 7:30. We went down and waited for the Animal Kingdom bus to get there. Luckily nobody else got on, so the bus driver took us right to the Lodge!

DSCI0074.jpg

DSCI0075.jpg

DSCI0086.jpg

We got there and the restaurant wasn’t opened yet so we had to wait a few minutes but that was ok. So we waited and were the first ones in. this was out first tasting of that juice that they give out. It is a mixture of I believe mango, guava, and orange? Or something like that. From all of the breakfast buffets we went to, I liked this one a lot. Now whether or not it was because it was our first one and by the end of the trip we were sick of the breakfast buffets, I don’t know. We had a selection of things, ranging from eggs (which were UNBELIEVABLY GOOD), made to order omelets, chocolate croissants, apple turnovers, cinnamon rolls, bacon, sausage, you name it.

DSCI0084.jpg

DSCI0083.jpg

DSCI0082.jpg

DSCI0081.jpg

DSCI0080.jpg

DSCI0079.jpg

DSCI0078.jpg

The OOP cost would have been $67.07, but only cost 1 credit per person with the DDP.

We decided to walk around the resort, which I was really excited about because I wanted to see the animals. Well of course, not one animal was out! I was really upset but whatever. It happens!

DSCI0097.jpg

the rest of the day will be continued in another post

So we hopped back on the bus and headed back to POP for some pool time! We were there in time for the lifeguards to come out and put on their little show. They come out with neon colored wigs and get little kids, give them wands, and let them turn on the flowers that squirt out water. It was cute.

DSCI0098.jpg

DSCI0099.jpg

DSCI0101.jpg

We stayed at the pool until about 11:15am or so and went back up to get ready for lunch.

We had lunch reservations at Whispering Canyon at 2pm so we hopped on the bus to MK and then the boat to the Wilderness Lodge. Here are some pics from the ride over.

DSCI0106.jpg

DSCI0106.jpg

DSCI0113.jpg

DSCI0115.jpg

DSCI0116.jpg

We got there early and walked around the resort, which is beautiful. Here are some pics I took of that.

DSCI0118.jpg

DSCI0120.jpg

DSCI0122.jpg

DSCI0124.jpg

We got seated a little bit early which was nice. Our waited was pretty funny. We had plans to get Chynna to ask for ketchup so that she could yell for it and get everyone to bring it to her, but they had ketchup on every table so that was a bit disappointing. Of course we had our napkins and straws thrown at us. Chynna and I both got the salads for an appetizer and Mike got the BBQ pork rolls. The salad was very good, very refreshing. Mike loved his rolls. And of course we ordered 3 skillets. I think this is the best way to go here. We’ve done it before and it is plenty of all you can eat food and its very good. The mashed potatoes are awesome. I also love the Cole slaw. I’m not a Cole slaw kinda girl but theirs is made with a lot of mustard and it’s really good. Their chicken is also very good. For dessert Chynna and I got the fruit domes, which I have to say were disgusting! We didn’t want anything too heavy but they were just gross. Mike got the Smores cheesecake.

DSCI0127.jpg

DSCI0128.jpg

DSCI0129.jpg

DSCI0130.jpg

DSCI0131.jpg

He really liked that. I like this place. The servers are usually very funny and make the atmosphere. Plus the food is pretty good. The OOP cost would have been $115.31 but it cost 1 credit a person on the DDP.

Now we decided to head over to play mini golf. We were going to do the Summer one which is at Blizzard Beach since Mike and I have already done the Winter. Now let me mention, this was the day that the room was getting decorated by the Disney Florist. We ordered the Mickey’s Welcome for Chynna. We had to stay out of the room between 4-6pm so we pretty much couldn’t go back until after dinner. So we played mini golf, which was interesting. First of all it was ungodly hot that day. By the time we were done, there was sweat just dripping off of us. There were lizards everywhere, which Chynna hated. All she did was scream every time she saw one. There was also a black snake on the loose somewhere so the staff was looking for it. And of course Mike won. Mike was an assistant golf professional at a golf club so he is really good at golf and you can like never beat him. It doesn’t help any that I can probably beat him but I have NO patience whatsoever with golf and end up getting frustrated and lose. And Chynna is just bad at it, so she can’t win! So after the golf game we got some waters, which OOP would have, cost $7.50 but we used 3 snack credits instead. We talked it over and decided to go over to the Boardwalk and walk around for a little bit since Chynna had never been there. So we waited at Blizzard Beach to get a bus to the Boardwalk, but the line was way too long and we waited a while. So we went and took the bus to Fort Wilderness and figured we would just go to the Contemporary really early and just sit and relax until our dinner reservations that night. Well we get there and looked at the map and thought we had to walk to get to the boat to go to the Contemporary. So we start walking! Well it seems that we were like taking a nature walk because we were following this trail that had nothing around it. We were walking for about 20-25 minutes! I will do the next installment shortly....youll have to wait to see what happens....

so to continue where i left off, it was crazy. we thought we were going the wrong way. we even considered hitch hiking with someone on their golf cart!! But We finally realized, when we saw the bus, that it is like Caribbean Beach where they have an internal bus that stops all along the way. So we went to the first bus stop we saw and waited for the Internal bus to get there. We took this back to Pioneer Hall which is where everything is and got on the boat to the Contemporary. By the time we got there, we were exhausted! We all headed to the bathroom to clean up a bit since we were disgusting from sweating with golf. Luckily the ladies room had washcloths and stuff so that was nice. It felt so good to just have a cold cloth on your face!!!

Since we got there at like 5 and our reservations weren’t until 7:30, we just took a seat next to the window and watched the boats go by. We did some videotaping and took some pictures while we were waiting.

DSCI0133.jpg

DSCI0135.jpg

DSCI0136.jpg

We did some people watching too, which all 3 of us love to do. Let me just say, people have no common sense! I can’t tell you how many people would try and cut in front of us in line when we finally went up to check in! it was insane when there was clearly a sign that said “Please stand behind the line to wait for the next host/hostess to check you in.” It isn’t that hard people!!! Sorry just venting, but on this trip I have realized just how many ignorant, rude, and sometimes stupid people there are in this world! It was crazy how many rude people go to Disney!

So anyway…we checked in around 7:15 and didn’t get called back until 8:05 which was 35 minutes after our reservation time!!! So we finally get in there. The first character that was out was Donald. He was great as always!

DSCI0137.jpg

Then came out Pluto. He wanted Mike to pose a certain way with him,which was cute.

DSCI0138.jpg

DSCI0139.jpg

Then Goofy came around. Well guess what he did?! He walked by our table, waved at us, and never stopped and went on to the next!!! Goofy totally dissed us!!! I was very upset! So then Minnie comes out. Just wait until you hear what she did to Chynna and me! She walks up, goes to Mike, gives him a kiss and wants a picture with him looks at us, waves, and walks away!!!! She wanted nothing to do with us!

DSCI0145-1.jpg

Yeah so anyway…. the big guy himself comes out now. Mickey was so good.

DSCI0146.jpg

DSCI0147.jpg

He took pictures with all of us, and then noticed Chynna’s pin. He pointed to it and held up his finger as to say wait a minute. He takes her napkin and starts to do something with it. I thought Mickey was going to pull out some origami or something!!! Haha!!! But no he rolled up napkin to look like a diploma and gave it to her, shaking her hand, like she was graduating and he was giving her the diploma! It was so cute and she really liked that.

DSCI0148.jpg

Chynna kept on saying all that night, “That’s right we may have been dissed by Goofy and Minnie, but Mickey gave me my diploma!” It was so funny. Mike also seemed to enjoy the celebrate portion of dinner where the characters walk around swinging their napkins and dance, to celebrate any special occasion that people are there for. Here is a picture of him having some fun.

DSCI0144.jpg

So here, they have typical buffet food. Sorry I forgot to take pics of the food, I only got some of dessert. They had chicken fingers, mac and cheese, salad, veggies, some pasta in cream sauce, salmon, some meat, tons of stuff. The desserts were a soft serve with tons of toppings, chocolate chip cookies, brownies, key lime tarts, cheesecakes, rice krispies treats, etc… the soft serve was very watery, which we were disappointed in. the krispies treats were stale.

DSCI0143.jpg

DSCI0140.jpg

DSCI0141.jpg

The rest was pretty good. The OOP cost would have been $108.60 but it cost 1 credit per person on the DDP.

So we headed back to the room. Mike had the camera ready. He opened the door and let her go in first. She was totally shocked. When you walked in the room there were Mickey footprints leading in.

DSCI0150.jpg

Now there was supposed to be 2 signs on the wall, one was supposed to be a sign saying Congratulations and the other was supposed to be fake balloons. Well we didn’t get this. Instead there were 3 balloons hanging on the chair, one of Mickey, one of Minnie, and a gold star.

DSCI0151-1.jpg

There was also a floral arrangement on top of the fridge. It was red, black, and white daisies in a Mickey mug with a Congratulations balloon on it. It had a card in it but it was blank. I only looked at that because I thought maybe her parents or my parents sent her something but they were just an extra! The flowers had little Mickey things in them too. They were so pretty and were a nice surprise.

DSCI0152-1.jpg

Then sitting on her bed was a big stuffed Mickey, her autograph book that was signed by Mickey, and a big box that had Mickey hands in it, and a picture album book.

DSCI0149.jpg

DSCI0154.jpg

Then sitting on the table in between the beds was a bunch of Mickey confetti, with a huge picture frame with a picture of Pluto, Mickey, Goofy, Minnie, and Donald and it was signed “Welcome Chynna, Your Pals at Disney”.

DSCI0153.jpg

So we were busy marveling over everything and all of a sudden Chynna yells, “Aunt Courtney, look over there. It’s Tinkerbell!” So I glance over at the tv dresser and sitting on the side of the dresser is a black Tinkerbell that is lighting up! It was the cutest thing.

DSCI0156.jpg

So that was pretty much the end of the day. Chynna called her mom that night and bragged about the gifts. I’m glad she loved them. We got to bed pretty late for having to get up so early tomorrow for our first park day, but oh well. So I’ll check back later to report on our day at the Animal Kingdom

popcorn:: lovin your report

what an awesome aunt you are, where were you when i was growing up, a real life mary poppins you are :cool1:

Sounds like another great day. Sorry about the rude people though, I don't know why, but it still shocks me when I see and hear rude people at Disney:confused3 They must have temporary moments of insanity....how can you not be happy at disney. We laughed last summer when we were there and my dd Jasmine looks at me on our second day around 230pm and says "Right now, this does not seem like the happiest place on earth". LOL, parents were screaming at their kids, mom's and dad's were swearing at each other:scared1: generally an ugly scene. We were as happy as clams, I said to Jas, this is why we insisted on the afternoon breaks when you were little, then you don't have these problems.:rotfl:

Great report so far...everything looks so good! And you all look like you had a great time. Can't wait for the rest.

And totally off topic-but I love that "Team Edward" shirt :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2

Great review!! I love the pictures and the information, it is really helpful. Your niece must of been so excited with the gifts you both gave her. They all look amazing. Where did you order all this stuff from? I would love to order something for my kids too.

Can't wait for more pictures!!:banana:

Thanks for the update and enjoying the rest of your reviews. Boma is one of our favorite breakfast (non-character buffet)...I love they have made to order eggs, great seletion on food, and great juice and coffee. Can't wait to read more.

Sounds like another great day. Sorry about the rude people though, I don't know why, but it still shocks me when I see and hear rude people at Disney:confused3 They must have temporary moments of insanity....how can you not be happy at disney. We laughed last summer when we were there and my dd Jasmine looks at me on our second day around 230pm and says "Right now, this does not seem like the happiest place on earth". LOL, parents were screaming at their kids, mom's and dad's were swearing at each other:scared1: generally an ugly scene. We were as happy as clams, I said to Jas, this is why we insisted on the afternoon breaks when you were little, then you don't have these problems.:rotfl:

tell me about it! i said that to Mike too, that all i saw were parents walking by arguing, yelling at the kids! it was so funny to see. i kept on saying what your daughter said also that it doesnt seem like the happiest place on earth.

Great report so far...everything looks so good! And you all look like you had a great time. Can't wait for the rest.

And totally off topic-but I love that "Team Edward" shirt :thumbsup2

thanks for the twilight comment!!! even though its not disney we still have to mention it!

:thumbsup2

Great review!! I love the pictures and the information, it is really helpful. Your niece must of been so excited with the gifts you both gave her. They all look amazing. Where did you order all this stuff from? I would love to order something for my kids too.

Can't wait for more pictures!!:banana:

i got the room decorations from the disney florist. its called the Mickey welcome. they have the grand welcome too but thats like 300 dollars or so, not that mine didnt cost $222 but oh well! the basket was ordered through memoriesbybetsy.com

Thanks for the update and enjoying the rest of your reviews. Boma is one of our favorite breakfast (non-character buffet)...I love they have made to order eggs, great seletion on food, and great juice and coffee. Can't wait to read more.

they really did have the best food. like i said it was our first breakfast buffet so maybe thats why i think that way, because after like a million of them, you get sick of the same stuff over and over again!

Great reviews so far. We ate at many of the same ADRs in December and were lucky enough to have the bus bring us from POP to AKL as well. :banana: The Mickey surprise looks like a lot of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter