What’s for Dinner Tonight?

Last night DD marinated a boneless leg of lamb in olive oil, garlic, and zatar. SIL grilled it and we had it with pita, lettuce, diced tomatoes, and homemade tzatziki. It was awesomely delicious. Tonight, SIL made a chicken curry full of veggies and served it over rice. It was pretty good, too... but not as good as the lamb. I'm up for chef duty tomorrow night. I'll make quiche with asparagus, leeks, ham, swiss cheese.

I feel like a “fool for asking but what is that?
It’s one of those English desserts with a quirky name like .. Eton mess or flummery. No idea what the history of the naming is but it does make me smile 🙂

“The dish is the fool, a sublimely easy spring and summer fruit dessert that is little more than fruit and stiffly whipped cream, sweetened with sugar. The fool can be made with almost any fruit -- even stone fruits like mangoes or peaches -- but is best with berries, especially strawberries.”

Waverley Root, Food

Going out for dinner tonight.
The man’s brother arrived last night and I’m sure we will be weighted down with grandparent bragging rights and brotherly stories of a past when I didn’t know any of that family. No idea where we are eating currently but plan to stick to my diet.

Last night's quiche (asparagus, ham, leek, swiss) was delicious. Tonight we are having "Supper Pie," a favorite of the resident 7 year old. Basically, it's Shepherd's Pie (ground beef with onion, pour creamed corn over this and top with mashed potatoes and bake down), but the little guy has called it "supper pie" since he could talk.

I feel like a “fool for asking but what is that?

It’s one of those English desserts with a quirky name like .. Eton mess or flummery. No idea what the history of the naming is but it does make me smile 🙂

“The dish is the fool, a sublimely easy spring and summer fruit dessert that is little more than fruit and stiffly whipped cream, sweetened with sugar. The fool can be made with almost any fruit -- even stone fruits like mangoes or peaches -- but is best with berries, especially strawberries.”

Waverley Root, Food

:thumbsup2 A fool is similar to a mousse, but lighter. You can buy small pots of various fruit fools over here, alongside yogurts.

Dinner tonight: Cheese souffle, salad, some kind of potato. 😋

Went outside to discover a street fair: Beats and Eats. Jazz and various food trucks. Wasn’t expecting it but still cool.

Bought some vegetable and tofu dumplings to eat in the park and then a bowl of mixed grill Latino BBQ that judging from the size of the dish will be at least two meals. Think I’ll make a spinach salad on the side to go with it.

BIL is wandering Long Island today on his own. Taking pics of different sights for his grands to view his old stomping grounds so I’m sure it will include various eateries from back in the day and we are both free to eat what we will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter