Thumper's Thread

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like the DIS has been a little grumpy lately - maybe it's the world today, or stress, or just that "sick of winter" time of year - but I thought we could always use another thread full of sweetness and light. :goodvibes

So here is a place to post those rare happy stories you see in the news, cute pictures of your pets, a stranger's kindness you're grateful for, random trivia you were "today old when you learned"...

It is not a place to argue, criticize other posters, complain about how many threads they start, etc. ~ hence the opening quote.

If "Thumper's Rule" just isn't your thing, and you're looking for an edgier thread, by all means, pass this one by! (Sometimes we do need a place to vent, and there are threads for that too.)

But this particular one is meant an escape from all that, so...

To all who come to this happy thread, enjoy. 🐰

When my wife, Marie, was on these boards for a couple years, back about 20 years ago as Lady M, she posted this phrase on some thread here. I thought it was a great saying that she composed. I asked her if she would mind if I put it in my signature here. So, it's been in my signature for about 20 years now.......... (BTW, she said, yes, I could put it in my signature :) )

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M

There's been a good amount of stories in recently about people in our area (and all over) getting their driveways shoveled by surprise or by putting it out there they need help. I do know Nextdoor has like a Snow Angel thing where you can post you need help or that you will help, etc.

This last storm a few days ago dumped 8 1/2 to 9 inches in my direct area it was a lot of snow (a record for this time of year in 1 storm), heavy, with ice underneath. I'm sure so many people were so appreciative to those who cleared their driveways for them without knowing.

The last storm was a few weeks ago I think and that one was much smaller about 4 inches.
I thought this was a nice story from that smaller storm from a person in my neighborhood:
"After a recent snow storm I was not excited to shovel my driveway again. I drove home from work this evening after work for 12 hours straight, thinking about shoveling snow I pulled up to my house and parked in the street so I wouldn't drive on the snow and pack it down on the driveway. I parked, turned the car off and got out of the car. I began to walk up the drive and then immediately stopped in my tracks. Someone had cleared my driveway! The snow was all shoveled off the driveway. I was amazed. I didn't expect it at all. I was so overcome with gratitude. Someone took the time and energy clean my driveway. I want to thank this person, but there was a problem. I don't know who did it. Who do I thank? I'm so thankful because I'm working long hours as Nurse and then come back home to shovel snow on the driveway, I was not looking forward, but no way to express it if I don't know who to thank. Whoever did this please shoot me email or text so I can personally thank you."

How about a picture of hungry anticipation?

Two years ago, I took my oldest grandson (12 years old then), Jeremy, out for a Papa/Jeremy breakfast at a local restaurant, best known of its large portions, ham off the bone and overall super quality food. Jeremy is a really good eater. When the meal came, a number five, 3 French toasts, 3 eggs, and a slab of ham, he had a look of future contentment on his face. He is VERY used to me taking pictures. I held up my phone, and here ya go.

added age

Last edited:
We have lots of rabbits in our yard and neighbourhood. After a recent storm, while snowblowing, my DH found one that didn’t make it. So we’re in the middle of another storm now. He went out and made sure the place where they hide under the deck and shed were clear today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter