New Changes to Rancho Del Zocalo in Disneyland

Rancho used to be a must do every trip. But about 10 years ago they made changes that made it less desirable for me. These changes make it even worse.

It's sad the place is empty all day now, what a huge waste of space unless Disney is closing the location soon for something else planned.

I can't see how it makes sense from being packed nearly all the time with huge lines during peak meal hours to literally no one. Maybe some huge agreement with the 20 new Mexican restaurants they opened in Downtown Disney ;) jk

Last edited:
It's sad the place is empty all day now, what a huge waste of space unless Disney is closing the location soon for something else planned.

I can't see how it makes sense from being packed nearly all the time with huge lines during peak meal hours to literally no one. Maybe some huge agreement with the 20 new Mexican restaurants they opened in Downtown Disney ;) jk
Theme it to Coco and bame.....people will come

They really would not need to do much add a statue and some new pictures and I bet it would improve the foot traffic....also whenever I have gone to at there the line was long to get food but thats just me

I just took a look at the menu and there are 2 gluten free choices listed vs 9 at Cocina Cucamonga. Guess I know where I'll be going when I want Mexican.

I did check out the menus at Paseo et al and not a lot of GF dishes, but I expect they could modify some of the items shown.

Yes, they are bamboo and have a pouch to store them in.

View attachment 857908
I mean, that's cool and all...but is there a place to wash them between uses? I assume the intent is to be "green" and not use the disposable utensils, but seems like these would not be something I'd want to eat on multiple times a day...Perhaps I'm missing something...unless that's why you might want 10 of them, so that you have enough for each meal on your trip and then wash them all when you get home to bring them all back next time?

I mean, that's cool and all...but is there a place to wash them between uses? I assume the intent is to be "green" and not use the disposable utensils, but seems like these would not be something I'd want to eat on multiple times a day...Perhaps I'm missing something...unless that's why you might want 10 of them, so that you have enough for each meal on your trip and then wash them all when you get home to bring them all back next time?
Well, if it's just you using them, a quick rinse in a restroom would get them clean enough, since you don't have to worry about your own germs. I keep bamboo utensils in my car and don't worry about that.

It is kind of like reusable straws. I usually don't bother and just drink from the lip of the cup. However, Disneyland is one of the few places that I bring my own straw. I hate drinking slushies through a paper straw that disintegrates. :drinking1

Last edited:
The fact that it lists packages starting at $30, unless that is the kids price of Blue Bayou, indicates that there is more to come. Specially a grab & go, which could very well be at Rancho.

Maybe the package will add the beans & rice to the entrees to make them more attractive?

The fact that it lists packages starting at $30, unless that is the kids price of Blue Bayou, indicates that there is more to come. Specially a grab & go, which could very well be at Rancho.

Maybe the package will add the beans & rice to the entrees to make them more attractive?
I just need an option for the first weekend...I tried to get one for BB and it was out...and this was with this sites help telling me it just went up

The Whole Enchilada

Colorful painted tiles, soothing fountains, adobe archways and hanging plants adorn this peaceful Spanish-style oasis. Take a welcome break in the shade or eat inside under the gentle glow of star-shaped Mexican glass lanterns...

This is how the restaurant is currently still described on the website, but not an enchilada found on the menu. This whole thing is weird. So does anyone know if there are still disposable plastic utensils or you have to purchase the reusable utensils if you prefer that to eating with your hands? I played around on both the app and the website using a variety of dates and this never comes up for me, seems others are having that same issue. We probably won't bother to eat here or try to (used to be one of our main stays for a variety of reasons), no enchiladas at a Mexican Restaurant, no rice and beans, no mainstream dip options with chips, that's just odd. Our upcoming trip will likely be our last (or very infrequent) as Disney over the last few years is just making one disappointing change after another (while costs continue to soar). I can deal with change, but these changes and so many others are beyond ridiculous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter