Does anyone think Lookout Cay looks disappointing?

Sure, it seems like Castaway Cay, being an island from the 90s, might be expected to have expanded its offerings over the years. I appreciate when people express that they prefer not to have waterparks or additional charges, but ultimately, it's a matter of personal choice—no one is forcing participation...? I believe Disney could have enhanced their offerings on the private island, incorporating imaginative elements like a Disney-themed waterpark, pool area, and adult space, while still honoring the local culture.
For me, it's nice not to have things that are additional upcharges when you're already on an expensive cruise. I don't want to get off the ship and have to worry about what pools, slides, and areas are upcharges, and also not have to deal with employees trying to upsell these areas. I'm sure Disney could've made a well-themed pool and waterslide area, but I honestly like how they are pushing people to enjoy the beach and swim in the ocean. It's nature's pool.

Time will tell. I'm looking forward to the experiences of those going after it opens this summer.

On paper, it looks like Lookout Cay offers several things that Castaway Cay doesn't have: a real ocean beach where you don't have to wade forever to get into swimmable water; much more extensive nature and bike trails; the opportunity to take tours up the island of Eleuthera.

My only disappointment so far is that it doesn't seem to be on the itineraries of the new ships. You'd think it would be a natural place to stop on the Eastern Caribbean itineraries. I'm hoping that some of the Fall 2025 itineraries, when they're announced, will include Lookout Cay for the Wish and/or Treasure.

My only disappointment so far is that it doesn't seem to be on the itineraries of the new ships. You'd think it would be a natural place to stop on the Eastern Caribbean itineraries. I'm hoping that some of the Fall 2025 itineraries, when they're announced, will include Lookout Cay for the Wish and/or Treasure.

I'm certain that Disney has done this on purpose. You want to go to Lookout Cay and sail the new ships? That'll be two cruise fares, please.

For me, it's nice not to have things that are additional upcharges when you're already on an expensive cruise. I don't want to get off the ship and have to worry about what pools, slides, and areas are upcharges, and also not have to deal with employees trying to upsell these areas. I'm sure Disney could've made a well-themed pool and waterslide area, but I honestly like how they are pushing people to enjoy the beach and swim in the ocean. It's nature's pool.
Why are we assuming that there would be an up charge to these amenities? if there were no one is forcing anyone to participate or involving them I’m just saying I would like to see Disney rival or match perfect day coco cat with their imaginary credentials and creativity and culture would give us something a little more substantial with the Disney name and price attached to it.

Coco Cay is beautiful I’m sorry I’m a huge Disney fan but the island is absolutely beautiful for families and adults for those who want quiet those who want to drink it legit has everything and LOOKS nice.

For Disney this looks very basic and barebones but it’s ok for those who want to enjoy this go for it

I didn't have the experience of finding quiet. I got a beach bed on South Beach, which I'd been told by multiple people who'd been there was generally quiet... That was before they opened the party-all-the-time adult area on the other side of the foliage from it. I clearly heard the music from there all day.

Give me Serenity Bay any day. There is no place like that on Coco Cay.

I have not. It was just a discarded sand pile when MSC acquired their lease, so I would be glad if they could restore the ocean habitat. I am not sure what I think about the island itself as development there is all artificial.
r.e. bold -- for DW and myself having visited numerous times since opening to the public in 2019, we feel that OC is more Bahamian than Castaway C. and all others and continues to be a work in progress. $100 Million project is now underway and is slated for completion in a couple of weeks.

I don't love how far the "regular" (i.e., not cabana) family beach is from the ship. I think one of the best features of castaway is that you can pop back on the ship so easily if the weather turns stormy or you just get hot and tired or maybe just prefer the food on the ships or want to use the empty pools. Now it feels a bit more like you have to take an excursion to get to the beach. But perhaps when we get there it won't seem so spread out.

Coco Cay just feels like a forced experience that can be found anywhere, plus water parts are awful waste of resources. Whatever keeps the island more natural and sustainable should and is the focus. I’d love if in the future they could offer some more activities that don’t take away from the natural beauty of the island like a rope course similar to Shanghai Disneyland.

I’d love if in the future they could offer some more activities that don’t take away from the natural beauty of the island like a rope course similar to Shanghai Disneyland.
I love the idea of some kind of rope course. Maybe theme it to ship's rigging; like you're on a (pirate) ship and you need to climb the rigging to get to the crow's nest or fix the sails.

r.e. bold -- for DW and myself having visited numerous times since opening to the public in 2019, we feel that OC is more Bahamian than Castaway C. and all others and continues to be a work in progress. $100 Million project is now underway and is slated for completion in a couple of weeks.
I am not saying that doesn’t look natural or look Bahamian, and I’m sorry if that was the way it came across. But, it is not a natural island, it’s a man-made island created as a waste pile through significant dredging through that region of the Bahamas. I do hope that MSC’s plans can come to fruition, and that the ocean in that region can recover, and that the island is developed in a way that is as natural as possible - only native Bahamian plants, no introduced species, etc. And, if they are working on developing an artificial reef in that area, kill all the lionfish.

I was curious to read this thread because I am both excited to visit Lighthouse Point this summer AND nervous that it won’t live up to Castaway Cay, which we love for its deserted isle (with 4000 of your closest friends) vibe. I’m less concerned that there isn’t enough Disney and more worried that a lot of the cultural immersion sounds very loud.

Trying to keep an open mind and, as long as there’s a relaxing adult beach and decent weather, I’m sure we’ll have a good time—but I seriously doubt it can dethrone castaway cay in my heart.

Sure, it seems like Castaway Cay, being an island from the 90s, might be expected to have expanded its offerings over the years. I appreciate when people express that they prefer not to have waterparks or additional charges, but ultimately, it's a matter of personal choice—no one is forcing participation...? I believe Disney could have enhanced their offerings on the private island, incorporating imaginative elements like a Disney-themed waterpark, pool area, and adult space, while still honoring the local culture.
While it’s true that you can choose to participate or not in all the add-ons, what you’re talking about absolutely changes the whole vibe of the island. What a lot of people (myself included) like about Castaway Cay is that it is a chill, low-key island day. Turning it into basically a theme park is fun for some, but does change the overall experience even for those who don’t choose to do those activities.

It looks maybe a little barren to me for some reason but I prefer a quiet venue and certainly am not looking for a water park. For us, cruise ports are all about the beaches. We had a choice between 2 cruises - one had Lookout Cay and one Cozumel and we chose Cozumel for the likely warmer weather in January and the delicious Mexican food. Plus we get to go to lovely Castaway Cay as well.

I don't love how far the "regular" (i.e., not cabana) family beach is from the ship. I think one of the best features of castaway is that you can pop back on the ship so easily if the weather turns stormy or you just get hot and tired or maybe just prefer the food on the ships or want to use the empty pools. Now it feels a bit more like you have to take an excursion to get to the beach. But perhaps when we get there it won't seem so spread out.
This is what I’m interested in hearing and seeing for myself. Distance to ship, but we are going to Castaway Cay and Nassau. So I’ll have plenty Of ship time won’t feel need to head back too soon

It just depends on what you want. We want a nice beach with calm-ish water to swim and snorkel and very little extra fees. This looks to meet most those expectations, we love Castaway. I have 0 desire for a water park or 100 extra add ons.
I agree. I can get a water park a million different places. Getting a Gilligan's Island type experience, however is much harder to find.

I agree. I can get a water park a million different places. Getting a Gilligan's Island type experience, however is much harder to find.

…you can’t get a beach experience at a million different places??? I’m just not understanding if you don’t want to go to the water park don’t go…?? It just seems a new Disney island is lacking new features.
Coco Cay just feels like a forced experience that can be found anywhere, plus water parts are awful waste of resources. Whatever keeps the island more natural and sustainable should and is the focus. I’d love if in the future they could offer some more activities that don’t take away from the natural beauty of the island like a rope course similar to Shanghai Disneyland.

How does it feel forced???? What???

Don’t worry they’ll change it after guest feedback it lacks anything compelling to say I must go there.

…you can’t get a beach experience at a million different places??? I’m just not understanding if you don’t want to go to the water park don’t go…?? It just seems a new Disney island is lacking new features.
No, I can't get a Gilligans Island type experience very many other places. Water parks are a dime a dozen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter