Ziploc Bags ?

I use a sandwich size ziploc bag to stuff my wet emergency poncho in after a rainstorm so the items in my backpack don't get wet. I carry a half gallon bag in case I use my small folding umbrella. One carries my film, camera batteries, lens cloth, etc. so I can find them in a hurry in my backpack.

Use ziplocks for everything - they are great for organizing your packing and smooshing things down to make more room - check out the other thread on Giant Ziplocks - the 2 1/2 gal size - use the smaller ones for snacks, cameras, and anything you want to keep dry that you're carrying in the parks. They're great for wet bathing suits on your way back from the waterparks, any toiletries that can break or leak while traveling, - the list goes on and on - don't leave home without them!

We pack using gallon size zip locks For all the toiletries. In case anything opens in the suitcase it won't get on anything else.

absolutely EVERYTHING! I use small sandwich sizes to hold items in my fanny pack - so that they do not get wet when I get soaked on Kali River Rapids etc.! I also use the gallon size to hold my bottles of sunscreen and shampoo/conditioner while traveling - so that if one should pop open... my whole suitcase isn't soaked with gooo. I have used the gallon size to hold my accumulated receipts and paperwork through the vacation as well.

So many other things that will just arise in the course of the day... I always pack LOTS of various sizes.

I use the gallon size to pack anything that is 'spillable' - one bottle of shampoo spilled in a suitcase will teach a hard lesson! I also use a sandwich size in my fanny pack and keep the camera in it- I just zip it up when we are going on something that might get up a little wet- ie. Splash Mtn. Another tip I got from this board was to use the gallon size to pack DD7's clothes. I put her shorts, shirts, undies, and socks for each day in separate bags. There was not the 'what can I wear today?' problems. We also bring some snacks from home - trail mix, nuts, etc. for the parks- and use the snack size bags to put just enough for the day without carrying around too much.

I also pack lots of the different sizes. They don't take up much room and you will use at home what you don't need at WDW.

I used the huge 2½ gallon size ziplocks (found them in Target, thanks to the DIS). I fit an entire outfit (outer and under wear) in one for each day and packed them in the suit case. Kept everything neat and tidy and unwrinkled. They also came in handy for packing the wet bathing suits we used on the last day. I also used the smaller bags for anything that might spill or break.

take some 1 qt size freezer bags. put wash cloths from the hotel in them and toss them in your back back, fanny pack etc. when the heat gets to you or the kids need a quick clean up, wet the wash cloths in the drinking fountain water for a cool compress.

What everyone else said, plus it makes the search go faster at the airport if your bag is searched, and you don't have strange and maybe unclean hands on your underwear.

Keep a couple of emply ones in your backpack. When we ate breakfast at CRT the Fairy Godmother was giving the children handfuls of "fairy dust" (Mickey head confetti). Luckily I had an empty ziplock bag to put it in!

I use the really little snack size ones for quarters and pennies for the pressed coin machines! Until you've been at a pressed coin maching WITHOUT change, you do not know how loud your kids can WAIL!! Before the trip, start saving shiny pennies and quarters that you come across. Keep the shiny ones in one snack bag, then the dull quarters in another. Use the dull ones to pay for the machine :) and voila, happy kids!

Bonnie,

I had a chuckle at your 'unclean hands on your underwear' note. I'm sure the person doing the inspection would have a different perspective!

Then again, maybe not.

Harold

We usually carry a collasible cooler into the parks for bottled water and snacks. I have yet to find one that is completely watertight, so I use the gallon size ziplocks to hold ice from the hotel.

Keeps everything cold AND dry. I ocassionaly empty the melted water into our mister fans to both lighten my load and to have ice cold mists. Refreshing!

Steve :cool:

Ditto everything said here! They were a necessity when we went -- formula for the baby, bottles of water for the baby, snacks, toiletries, shampoo -- you name it! Be sure to get the ones with the actual zipper -- MUCH easier to close (esp. when it's pretty full) than the ones that you press the opening together.

Ziploc bags are a must! I also bring larger plastic bags like from the grocery store or dept store. I use them for dirty clothes. I ALWAYS overpack, and this way i can keep clean clothes separate from dirty ones. If I forget the bags, I use the laundry bag that housekeeping leaves in the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter