Zero Availability in Early December?

The first two weeks of December are VERY popular with DVC Members. Those two weeks are in the lowest point season and all of the holiday events are going on.

I checked the Walt Disney site also, there is very little availability at any resort. We went last year the first week in December and there were very low crowds.

Crowds are much more a factor of guests staying off-site than resort occupancy on-site. If you are searching over multiple days, even one day being unavailable will cause length of stay to show as not available.

Early December is an 11 month booking for DVC; even 7 month bookings run waitlist risks. Yes, even at Saratoga.

First week of December is THE highest DVC demand week of the year at WDW, and has been for a long time. You might try waitlist and just checking for any openings on a regular basis because sometimes an opening occurs.

Just checked early December and there is zero availability at any resort. Any thoughts?

It's been the highest DVC demand time for years. Setting up a waitlist for one of the larger room categories and checking the availability periodically is about the only options if you don't want to book a cash room.

It's also more popular with cash guests than it used to be. IIRC, the first full week of December is also the Pop Warner championships at the Sports Complex. Lots of teams & chaperones coming for that week. Most of them stay at one of the All Stars value resorts or a designated Moderate.

If you can't book more than 7 months ahead, DVC is NOT for you. Don't believe the sales staff, they are just trying to make a living, they would sell ice to an Eskimo for a commission check.

This close to December I would never expect anything else. It's madness to try and book December 3 months out

Booking 3 months out is going to be difficult any time of the year, particularly from late December to marathon Week end in early january. And even worst the first two weeks of December.
One gets the most out of DVC if he can plan at least 7 months out, 11 months in some cases.

I own at BWV and BLT. If I don't book either of those resorts at the 11 month window, I can forget about it!! I've waited until early Feb to book something...nope. I had to take SSR! And booking this close is going to yield very little!

I was renting out some additional points I had, and there was nothing I checked available through January (even SSR and AKV)! It's a busy time as others have said.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter