DIS Veteran
We return to Disney after a two year break. These are the place we ate:

Le Cellier - twice
Liberty Tree Tavern
Chefs de France
The Plaza Restaurant
Teppan Edo

Extra: Buc-eel’s

I’m going to do all the reviews back to back.

We drove to Disney and stopped at Buc-ee’s. We bought kettle cooked Cajun Boil chips. They were good, but didn’t taste like a crawfish or shrimp boil seasoning. They had a strong taste of paprika. We also bought the Korean bbq jerky, hot & spicy jerky, blackberry jam, cherry sours, sweet & savoy trail mix, cajun crackers, & milk chocolate peanut utter over bites. Everything was very tasty snacks, especially the over bites.

Attachments

• IMG_8966.jpeg
    IMG_8966.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_8965.jpeg
    IMG_8965.jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8831.jpeg
    IMG_8831.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8830.jpeg
    IMG_8830.jpeg
    64.5 KB · Views: 18
We drove 12 hrs to Disney, so we were quite tired when we arrived. I forgot to take a photo of our food until it was half eaten. 😬. But I still have it. We stayed at BWI. (We love BWI, the smells, sounds, & view..perfect) So we went down to the boardwalk deli and the pizza window to grab some dinner. At the deli, I ordered the Roasted turkey sandwich, Oven-roasted Turkey, Vine-ripened Tomatoes, Provolone, and Garlic Aïoli for $10.49. It came with plain chips, I ordered a coke. This sandwich was really good and big. I could’ve easily split it with another person. My DH went to the pizza window and got a super slice of pepperoni pizza for $10.29 & a coke for $4.49. He said it was good & filling. I’m not sure it’s worth $10, but that’s Disney prices for you.

Attachments

• IMG_8848.jpeg
    IMG_8848.jpeg
    59.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8847.jpeg
    IMG_8847.jpeg
    59.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8845.jpeg
    IMG_8845.jpeg
    173.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8846.jpeg
    IMG_8846.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8835.jpeg
    IMG_8835.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 16
We went to Le Cellier twice, our first lunch in the parks and a late lunch on our last day in the parks. I’m going to combine the two in this post since my DH ordered the exact same thing, though the results were different.

The service both days was impeccable. We asked for just pretzel bread. We love their pretzel bread. However, we noticed the bread was smaller/shorter in length, maybe almost half the size it used to be. It still tasted as good as we remembered though, just less in size. The butter is divine too. Both days my DH ordered the filet mignon. It comes with Mushroom Risotto, Pomodoraccio Tomatoes, Truffle Butter Sauce, Petit Herbs $62, but he substituted that for fries. The first day, the steak was like butter melting in your mouth, absolutely delicious. The second day it was quite sinewy, with a big line of sinew running through it. He was disappointed with his second meal there, especially since it’s priced very high for the size. The fries were nice and crispy.

The first day for me, I ordered the kid’s cheddar bacon soup $5.25 & the kid’s grilled chicken which comes with 2 side choices $15. I chose the mashed potatoes & ice cream sundae. I have ordered this in the past & it used to come with a sauce, now it doesn’t. I ordered one because chicken tastes better with sauce. It was an additional $3 for about maybe 1 tablespoon of sauce, insane. The chicken was ok, not as juicy as the last time I ordered it (2yrs ago). The mashed potatoes were good and you can’t go wrong with ice cream. I did ask for no nuts and the sauce on the side because I wanted to share with my DH & he likes it plain. It’s was a large portion of ice cream, easily shared. I love the cheddar bacon soup! I ordered it again the last day. But for my entree this time I ordered the wedge salad, Tomatoes, Bacon Lardons, Edamame, Ranch Dressing, Caveman Blue Cheese, Crispy Onions, $16. The salad was crisp & light, perfect for a hot day.

Thoughts: Sinew happens, but if a place is going to charge $62 for a small filet, maybe give it a good once over, picking ones without it, or a lot less. Also $3 for a tbl of sauce is stupid. But I know, it’s Disney prices. All together it is a good place to get a nice meal, just not if you’re on a budget or have a lot of people with you.

Attachments

• IMG_8956.jpeg
    IMG_8956.jpeg
    36.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8863.jpeg
    IMG_8863.jpeg
    36.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8862.jpeg
    IMG_8862.jpeg
    18 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8861.jpeg
    IMG_8861.jpeg
    31 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8860.jpeg
    IMG_8860.jpeg
    37.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8857.jpeg
    IMG_8857.jpeg
    20.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8858.jpeg
    IMG_8858.jpeg
    26.3 KB · Views: 9
Later that day, we hopped over to HS. We got caught in a downpour, but at least it wasn’t cold & anytime at Disney is good time. :)

We had reservations at Sci-Fi Drive In for 6pm. We waited around 15min to be seated. At the table was the bill/receipt & book from the previous family, which was odd. Then we waited over 20min for our server to come to our table. We were actually about to get up & leave when he finally arrived. We should have. My DH ordered the classic burger, Signature-blend of Beef with House-made Burger Sauce, Applewood-smoked Bacon, American Cheese, Shredded Lettuce, and Marinated Heirloom Tomato served on a Brioche Bun, $23, with fries & a coke. But he asked for only mayo & ketchup. I wasn’t very hungry, so I ordered the sorbet with fresh fruit, $8 & a water. It took a long while before we received our drinks & with the heat, it felt longer. When our waiter brought our drinks, we requested our bill with the food. We knew if we hadn’t, we would’ve been in for a longer wait. My DH hamburger came without mayo, but we didn’t say anything because of how long it was taking & we were very tired at this point. He said the burger was ok, the fries were good. My sorbet had the oddest fruit combo I have ever encountered. Usually when fruit is added to sorbet or ice cream, it’s berries, nope not here. I received a lemon sorbet with chunks of dew melon, cantaloupe, & grapes that had the dang stem on them. It was the worse meal of the trip I’m afraid.

Attachments

• IMG_8869.jpeg
    IMG_8869.jpeg
    30.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8870.jpeg
    IMG_8870.jpeg
    23.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8868.jpeg
    IMG_8868.jpeg
    27.9 KB · Views: 2
Snacks: Maybe it was the heat, but we didn’t eat as many snacks as usual & I didn’t get pictures, sorry. This was also the only Disney trip where I didn’t gain weight, 😆. The snacks we bought were dole whip (MK), soft serve ice cream (at Aloha isle & simmering sips kiosk in EP), milk chocolate covered caramel with sea salt at Karamell-Küche in EP, cotton candy, & a Passionfruit cheesecake with Toasted Macadamia Nuts at the Hawaii kiosk. Every morsel was delicious.

We spent two days at Mk then hopped over to EP each afternoon. The first MK day we went to Liberty Tree Tavern. This is one of my favorite Disney restaurants. Our reservation was for 11 & we were seated right away. We had a nice man as our waiter. I do wish they would go back to a la carte menu, only because it’s a lot of food & a lot goes to waste, at least for us. The all you care to enjoy bill of fare costs $42 per adult, not a bad price.
It comes with:
Butter rolls
a Declaration Salad, mixed Greens, Apples, Cranberries, and Cheese tossed with our House-made Dressing
Patriot’s Platter, Roasted Turkey, Pot Roast, and Oven-roasted Pork with Mashed Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables, Herbed Stuffing, and House-made Macaroni & Cheese, house made gravy
Oooey Gooey Toffee Cake, Vanilla Toffee Cake, Chocolate Sauce, and Vanilla Ice Cream
The bread rolls were a big disappointment. The bread was cold. It tasted like someone pulled them out of a bag & pouring garlic butter on them but never heated the rolls. For our meal we asked for no pork roast & received only beef roast & roasted turkey. We both really enjoyed our meal. The beef was tender and moist as was the turkey. I really enjoyed the salad & could’ve just eaten that, but I saved room for the rest of our meal, especially the dessert. The stuffing tastes like from the box stuffing, which is fine for me, the green bean were not squeaky & had a good flavor, the mashed tats were standard as was the Mac and cheese. For the dessert my DH is a picky eater & asked for plain vanilla ice cream. I got the Oooey Gooey Toffee Cake. Oh my goodness! This was soooo very good. I wish I had one right now. It has to be one of the best desserts in all of Disney. 😋.

Attachments

• IMG_8878.jpeg
    IMG_8878.jpeg
    69.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8877.jpeg
    IMG_8877.jpeg
    28.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8876.jpeg
    IMG_8876.jpeg
    63.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8875.jpeg
    IMG_8875.jpeg
    53.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8874.jpeg
    IMG_8874.jpeg
    42.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8873.jpeg
    IMG_8873.jpeg
    47 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8872.jpeg
    IMG_8872.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8871.jpeg
    IMG_8871.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 2
Later that day at EP, we ate at Chefs de France. Our waitress was such a sweet lady. We had a nice conversation with her about traveling to France. She brought out a baguette and salted butter. French bread and butter is so good. When we traveled to France (not in Ep 😜), I ate so much bread & butter there, I made myself sick one night, 😆. Not to be disloyal, but it’s so much better than anything I’ve ever bought at home. Back to the review, I ordered the Salade aux Lardons et Croûtons, Selected greens, house vinaigrette dressing, bacon, tomatoes, croutons, $12.95, as my entree. I enjoyed this salad, it was light & fresh, just what I wanted. My DH ordered the Jareret de Porc braisé au miel, pommes purée, tomates, Braised Heritage pork shank, mashed potatoes. Scallions, tomatoes, $39.95, & a side of fries. The meat was literally falling off the bone, he said it was very good & super filling. I know sometimes Chefs de France gets a bad rap, but we liked our meals & the service.

Attachments

• IMG_8879.jpeg
    IMG_8879.jpeg
    68.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8881.jpeg
    IMG_8881.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8882.jpeg
    IMG_8882.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 2

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest