You're kidding right? First (and last) time doing Online Checkin

Our last stay at BWV in July, we were given the very last villa before Hollywood Studios and we checked in around lunch. We obviously were assigned that villa before we checked in. And it wasn't ready until close to 5:00.

We have also had a villa at Kidani Village that was next to the grand villa on the very end on the Pembe side. Long, long walk to the lobby.

OP, someone has to have the bad villas and views. We have had our share. We do not complain - we just hope next time we have better luck. Hope you have a good trip :)

((PHEW)) I can finally edit and write a response, I was having issues the past few days of ads taking over the whole text box for responses... anyways...

you're there at a very busy time of year, someone has to have that far room. everybody has a reason they want to be close to the lobby, while your reason is important to you, so is each other person's reason. it is not Disney's problem (sorry to be blunt) if you are travelling on your own. It's not as though they intentionally were trying to make things difficult. I suspect whether you did online checkin or not arriving so late at night you'd have slim pickings during such a busy travel time.

I hope, nevertheless the less than ideal villa, you do have a fantastic time with the kids.

Last edited:
Also the resort is completely book due to this being one of DVC busiest booking weeks.

My wife refers to the far end of Kidani as Back Five Kidani,

BFK.

Yeah, that's what it stands for...

Yeah this happened to us in a 1br Savana at Kidani as well, its a killer walk so I feel your pain. We dealt with it but complained because there was active construction directly under our room for 3 days straight and so we kept asking to be moved, they called our bluff and offered us the Pumba savana....we kept our room. They did end up offering enough DDP credits to cover both of us for a Signature Meal so that was nice.

I've done online check-in my last 3 trips and the room was ready when I got there early afternoon. Poly was exactly was requested, 3rd floor (lake view). BWV I had requested near elevator, didn't get that but there are not many boardwalk view studios near the elevator. Also requested top floor, got 5 (top) one time and 4 the other time.

I honestly think they don't even look at room requests. It usually doesn't matter to me so I don't make any. This trip though we needed connecting door rooms.

Long story short rooms weren't even near each other. They reassigned us rooms with connecting doors. (This was CS so I'm sure there's just more to work with room wise). Its really seems like they just roll the dice. Hope you have a good time!

Yes the rooms the furthest out at Kidani are a long long walk to get to. I would request in the morning to move to a closer room.

Kidani was tough for me with my special needs adult son. We had a room 2-3 from the end away from the pool. Practically in Jambo, lol. PAST Zazu elevator. I swear Jambo pool was closer than Kidani pool. Drink refills? Could not believe how far I had to walk for one of those, plus of course the shop and the pool snack bar.

But another difficult thing was being that far away from everything, busses too, while pushing an adult in a manual WC on the plush carpeting.

Kidani is beautiful. Being that far out on the wing, we had great spot to see the giraffes, and zebras would come over too, and more. The one BR have the 2 bathrooms, which is amazing. But, I hesitate to book there again on trips with my son.

PS I always say I do not do online checkin often, because I prefer to whine and complain about my room assignments at the desk. I also go out of my way to arrive early to check in, taking awful 6 am flights or coming in the day before, crashing at a Value, then checking in early the next day at DVC or my primary vacation resort.

AND, I realize this sounds a little nuts.

Kidani was tough for me with my special needs adult son. We had a room 2-3 from the end away from the pool. Practically in Jambo, lol. PAST Zazu elevator. I swear Jambo pool was closer than Kidani pool. Drink refills? Could not believe how far I had to walk for one of those, plus of course the shop and the pool snack bar.

But another difficult thing was being that far away from everything, busses too, while pushing an adult in a manual WC on the plush carpeting.

Kidani is beautiful. Being that far out on the wing, we had great spot to see the giraffes, and zebras would come over too, and more. The one BR have the 2 bathrooms, which is amazing. But, I hesitate to book there again on trips with my son.

PS I always say I do not do online checkin often, because I prefer to whine and complain about my room assignments at the desk. I also go out of my way to arrive early to check in, taking awful 6 am flights or coming in the day before, crashing at a Value, then checking in early the next day at DVC or my primary vacation resort.

AND, I realize this sounds a little nuts.
This is our exact situation, last time our room was almost to Jambo I just loaded DS in the car and drove over to the pool there at least I didn't have to push his chair on that carpet.

DS just can't do the early flight anymore throws him all off so hoping we will get lucky on our trip coming up. The upside is his downtime in the room is wonderful with the savanna view.

We have always done online check-in and had a positive experience getting our room requests and early check-in. Will keep doing it even if it doesn't work out for us one time because the odds have been in our favor so far.

We stayed at AKL Kidani starting the Monday of Thanksgiving week. I did on line check in and we were not arriving until around midnight. At approximately 4 I received the text with our room assignment. It was a two bedroom next to the construction on the second floor. I called and after being transferred, got through to the front desk of Kidani. In the end our room was changed to a better location. I was happy for the move and realized someone else would be assigned the room. It never hurts to try and kill them with kindness.

We stayed at AKL Kidani starting the Monday of Thanksgiving week. I did on line check in and we were not arriving until around midnight. At approximately 4 I received the text with our room assignment. It was a two bedroom next to the construction on the second floor. I called and after being transferred, got through to the front desk of Kidani. In the end our room was changed to a better location. I was happy for the move and realized someone else would be assigned the room. It never hurts to try and kill them with kindness.

How did you know it was next to the construction at Kidani?

How did you know it was next to the construction at Kidani?
We had friends staying there and they told us what section they were working on. Thanksgiving week they were on the second floor in the middle on the pool side.

on our last trip we did online check in and for our guests we requested early check and and left it blank for us since were arriving very late. I got notified that our room was ready at 10am and my guests did not get their room until almost evening.. weird

We were just at kidani in room 7364 so I feel your pain. We finally figured out that going down to parking garage at the nearest elevator and then walking To Jambo lodge was way closer than walking all the way back to kidani lobby.

Okay so I did end up doing online check in but now our flight got cancelled, we won't get in until after midnight. Do I change it online or call I know that I won't be arriving until the next day. I guess I'm just gunna be stuck with a bad room. I better call in the morning

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter