You're Going AGAIN?????

Victoriasmom98

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone who reads this....I really had so much fun doing a pretrip report for last year’s trip that I wanted to start a new one this time around. This time around I can concentrate on Disney planning and not trying to planning a wedding at the same time. Oh boy….I don’t recommend that! It’s way too hectic….

So, let's start with the cast of characters.....

Photo0132FourBySix.jpg

My DD 12 (will be 13 in February) Victoria......
She and I have been the 2 peas in a pod since I divorced her father when she was 4. It's been she and I against the world since then. She's not as much as a Disney fanatic as I am but I'll get her there!!! hee, hee. She's had her share of trials so far in her 12 years so I tend to spoil her and try to "make up for it". She was born with infant torticollis which basically means her head and neck muscles didn't develop as they should have while I was pregnant. She wore a head cast for 6 months to shape her head properly and had physical therapy for the first 2 years of her life. When she was 5, we discovered she had a tethered spinal cord which required surgery to fix. Her tethered spinal cord made potty training extremely difficult (as she didn't feel when she had to go) and it has caused recurring UTI's which have continued to this day. She does she a Pediatric Nephrologist in Portland, Maine so we are working on it. After her surgery she had an additional 2 years of physical therapy. She's doing great, though, even though she will never be great at team sports or any activity that requires lots of balance. It was also around the time she was 5 when my dad, her beloved Pepere passed away of a massive heart attack. That prompted me to realize that life is too short to be miserable, so I divorced Victoria's father that same year.

Then there's me......cancer survivor, lap band patient and mother extrodinairre...(yeah, seriously I don't think that highly of myself, really!!!).....I work full time, enjoy scrapbooking, tending to my menagerie of pets and stalking the Disboards..

Finally, there is my new husband Peter.......

As a little background here--- I had a pretty bad first marriage and I definitely was NEVER, EVER going to get married again or ever let anyone have control over me and my life again. I had dated, but nothing too serious as my first priority was and is Victoria. I was certainly not going to bring someone into our lives who I had no intention of remaining with. Then I met Peter.......yes, online.......Now I know what you all must be thinking ----ewwww! And I really didn't think anything would come out of it either. But, here I am. He's from the same type of French Catholic background as I am and we have so many things in common. He actually does the same type of work that my Dad did. (My Dad passed away in 2002). He's really an amazing man and he's taken to Victoria like she was his own child. Victoria seems to love him, too.

There's the cast for you. We are planning on staying at Port Orleans French Quarter from September 22nd through October 3rd. I've only stayed on property once before, at Riverside, so I’m very, very excited!!! We have the trip already booked with Free Dining and I’ve been checking out flights, but I am finding the price of tickets much more expensive than last year. I keep checking on a daily basis, but the lowest I’ve found so far is $241 round trip from Maine to Orlando. Realistically, I know that isn’t bad, but I feel I can do better!

Our Story.....

Let the planning begin

Some answers

Decision -- T-Rex

Family Day

Meet Rena

2010 Scrapbook pages

Days 1 & 2 plans

Day 3 plans

Day 4 plans

What a Difference 24 hrs makes

Days 5, 6 & 7 plan

I love MYPOINTS

ADR'S baby!

UGH!

Another UTI? Really?

You're going again? Haha! That is a great title! I'm so happy to ride along for this PTR! :cheer2: I'm first? Woo hoo! Score! :laughing: And yes, you absolutely ARE a Mother Extraordinaire!

Flights to MCO have been super pricey, but I'm sure prices will go down the closer you get to your trip. I've been checking fares from my area periodically, even though I've pretty much come to terms with the fact I'll be driving down, but I have seen that the fares are slightly lower than they were a few months ago. Sooooooo I might actually change plans and book flights! We'll see...

Have fun planning! :goodvibes

I am joining in too. I love the title to your PTR! I know when I tell my friends about my next trip, I know that is what they are going to say. Oh well.... :rotfl:

Airfare is always frustrating. I know that I just booked my daughters tickets for her disneymoon and I was happy to see that they almost half what I paid for our September trip. Strange how that works. I hope that I can get a good deal on air fare for our December 2011 trip...but...given the time I fear it will be outrageous!!

Kudos to you and your daughter. My youngest was born with a birth defect that has required surgeries and casts and such. I know it isn't easy, but isn't it amazing how strong we find not only our child can be but ourselves?

Can't wait to read along!

I'm here Ann, now you can start the party!!!!!! :cool1:

I'm going to have to live vicariously through you this year unless we magically sell some land we have (and even then Rey says we should spend that on something practical, like a vehicle...sheesh...Disney IS practical in my world!) ;)

Can't wait to watch all your planning!!!! :goodvibes

:yay: for another trip! If we keep our dates the same (so much going on right now we are not sure yet) we will be there for part of your trip. :thumbsup2

You're going again? Haha! That is a great title! I'm so happy to ride along for this PTR! :cheer2: I'm first? Woo hoo! Score! :laughing: And yes, you absolutely ARE a Mother Extraordinaire!

Flights to MCO have been super pricey, but I'm sure prices will go down the closer you get to your trip. I've been checking fares from my area periodically, even though I've pretty much come to terms with the fact I'll be driving down, but I have seen that the fares are slightly lower than they were a few months ago. Sooooooo I might actually change plans and book flights! We'll see...

Have fun planning! :goodvibes

Thanks Erin and welcome to the party!!!! I love doing pretrip reports!!!

I am joining in too. I love the title to your PTR! I know when I tell my friends about my next trip, I know that is what they are going to say. Oh well.... :rotfl:

Airfare is always frustrating. I know that I just booked my daughters tickets for her disneymoon and I was happy to see that they almost half what I paid for our September trip. Strange how that works. I hope that I can get a good deal on air fare for our December 2011 trip...but...given the time I fear it will be outrageous!!

Kudos to you and your daughter. My youngest was born with a birth defect that has required surgeries and casts and such. I know it isn't easy, but isn't it amazing how strong we find not only our child can be but ourselves?

Can't wait to read along!

Hi Ann!!! That's so cool --- you and I share the same name.....I just started reading your Sept trip report and I'm on page 9. I'm hoping to get through it all today. From what I've read, it doesn't sound like it was very relaxing for you --- trying to be the peacekeeper!! :eek:

I'm here Ann, now you can start the party!!!!!! :cool1:

I'm going to have to live vicariously through you this year unless we magically sell some land we have (and even then Rey says we should spend that on something practical, like a vehicle...sheesh...Disney IS practical in my world!) ;)

Can't wait to watch all your planning!!!! :goodvibes

Yeah Karen, you are here!!!! Please live vicariously through me!!! You know I love that!!! :goodvibes

:yay: for another trip! If we keep our dates the same (so much going on right now we are not sure yet) we will be there for part of your trip. :thumbsup2

Yay!! Stephanie is here, too!!! Maybe this year we can meet and say hi down there!!!! :banana:

I'm really excited to be planning another trip. Especially since I'm sitting here at work with a lovely noreaster outside with expected snow of 9 or so inches. Yeah....I really want to be at Disney right now!! I'm hoping they will let us go home early, but since our new governor has a press conference today at 2pm, chances are they won't (I work for state government). I received the latest edition of Celebrations magazine yesterday and it has a big feature about Animal Kingdom. There's a lot of things there that I just haven't done like the walking trails. Last year it was just way too hot to walk any type of distance. The magazine also talked about getting good photographs and I just got a new camera for Christmas, so I'm anxious to see if it really makes a difference. I also have Photoshop Elements that I now have an instruction book for so I'm really going to try to make my photos great (like Karen's ;))

I've just received my lot of 20 trading pins for Disney I ordered off of ebay. It's funny because I usually end up keeping some from my lot, but I really didn't like any of them this time around. I mean I did buy them for trading purposes so I guess it's a good thing that I don't want to keep any of them. I have my collection of things to go to Disney already started. I was able to buy a water mister from Wal-mart at the end of the summer season, so I have that, and then of course the usual aspirin, tums, nail clippers, sunscreen, etc. I want to do the preorder photopass cd, but I don't have an extra $100 right now. I just finished paying off the credit card from Christmas and this week's paycheck included a shut down day, so it was over $100 less than normal. Totally sucks! But hopefully the pay I receive in 2 weeks will allow for it. The best idea I had last year was to have my Photopass card on one of those coil wrist key chains so it was always available when I saw a photographer. I also have a new photopass card that I didn't use last trip, so I'll be getting that hole punched and on the key chain.

I ordered the Passporter WDW guide for 2011 but it hasn't come in yet. It was supposed to be released in December, but due to publishing stuff, the projected release date now is February. I hope to get it before March as I plan my ADR's with the help of that guide. I know I can find all the info online, but I like having it in a nice book. There's also places to write notes in and maps, so it's a great book. :)

My mom dropped off a video from the 2006 trip we took to WDW with her, my brother and his step daughter during Christmas. My stepniece was the one with the video camera so I'm anxious to see what's on it. Would you belive I've never seen it? Apparently Mom is in one of her cleaning modes and came across it. This is going to be great. Victoria would have been 8 years old so it's going to be cute!! :cloud9: I think I'll plan a Disney movie night this weekend and this can be our Disney movie!! Oh, this is going to be fun!!! 2006 is way before Peter came into our lives, so I bet he'll enjoy seeing how cute she was......(oh, she's still cute, but I miss the little girl look!!!) I think one of the activities I'll have for them is a "Find the Epcot" game....See, when we were in Epcot, Peter kept saying he couldn't find the epcots and where were the epcots. It was kind of getting embarrassing.....:rolleyes1 Yeah, I like that idea. :goodvibes

I still have to suscribe to Tour Guide Mike for the park tour plans. I really, really, really hate crowds (but love Disney) so I plan my days based on those suggestions. Last year it worked out perfectly and since I don't get the park hoppers, I plan the park days first and the ADR's around the park days, then the special shows, etc, around that. I just can't wait for March to roll around. I'll have the operating hours, parade times, and then will use TGM to go from there!!

In the meantime we have Victoria's 13th birthday in February (OMG she'll be a teenager!!! :scared1:) and my Mom's trip to St. Petersburg for the month of March, so there's lots to keep us busy until then. I just know summer will fly by as we now have our pool and I intend to be in that thing every chance I get. I really am going to enjoy sharing my plans with all of you and glad you are all along for the ride!!! :yay:

Hi Ann!!! That's so cool --- you and I share the same name.....I just started reading your Sept trip report and I'm on page 9. I'm hoping to get through it all today. From what I've read, it doesn't sound like it was very relaxing for you --- trying to be the peacekeeper!! :eek:

That is cool about our names and that you are reading my september TR. Yeah, it was a bit on the stressful side...but I think my role is always to be peacekeeper...even at home, so I think I am kinda used to it. Still... when going to WDW, ya kinda want everything to be perfect. The TR is closed...I think that since I didn't post to it for so long the moderator did it...but I would have kinda liked to have a couple last words. Oh well... I guess I just put those thoughts on my PTR for the next trip. :goodvibes

I'm really excited to be planning another trip. Especially since I'm sitting here at work with a lovely noreaster outside with expected snow of 9 or so inches. Yeah....I really want to be at Disney right now!! I'm hoping they will let us go home early, but since our new governor has a press conference today at 2pm, chances are they won't (I work for state government).

the weather here today is icky too and I still have to go to work and I am sick...so I hear ya... I want to be at Disney now too!!

I received the latest edition of Celebrations magazine yesterday and it has a big feature about Animal Kingdom.

Oh no!! I have not heard of this magazine. It sounds like something good to help pass the time between trips, yes?

There's a lot of things there that I just haven't done like the walking trails. Last year it was just way too hot to walk any type of distance.

I am always amazed at how much Disney has to offer that I have never done. I think it is planned out that way so we all come back thinking we will do that one thing and then find ourselves still doing the things we cant NOT do and then forgetting about the things we always miss. :rotfl:

The magazine also talked about getting good photographs and I just got a new camera for Christmas, so I'm anxious to see if it really makes a difference. I also have Photoshop Elements that I now have an instruction book for so I'm really going to try to make my photos great (like Karen's ;))

oh to take good pictures!! I am always envious of those who get good pictures. I take horrid ones. :sad2:

I've just received my lot of 20 trading pins for Disney I ordered off of ebay. It's funny because I usually end up keeping some from my lot, but I really didn't like any of them this time around. I mean I did buy them for trading purposes so I guess it's a good thing that I don't want to keep any of them.

Cool on getting the pins. Do you trade with cm's then? I have not really done the pin trading...

I have my collection of things to go to Disney already started. I was able to buy a water mister from Wal-mart at the end of the summer season, so I have that, and then of course the usual aspirin, tums, nail clippers, sunscreen, etc.

I have started my collection too. Going in December, I think I will need all different things than I did going in September. (like probably no mister fan)

I want to do the preorder photopass cd,

This is on my list for this trip too. Just like you though, I will have to fit it in after other things money wise are taken care of.

I ordered the Passporter WDW guide for 2011 but it hasn't come in yet.

I have heard about the passporter, but never actually seen one or then obviously used one. You will have to share more about it once you get it.

My mom dropped off a video from the 2006 trip we took to WDW with her, my brother and his step daughter during Christmas.

How fun!!!

I still have to suscribe to Tour Guide Mike for the park tour plans.

Just like the passporter...I haven't used TGM either. I have used ridemax though. They are similar, right?

In the meantime we have Victoria's 13th birthday in February (OMG she'll be a teenager!!! :scared1:) and my Mom's trip to St. Petersburg for the month of March, so there's lots to keep us busy until then. I just know summer will fly by as we now have our pool and I intend to be in that thing every chance I get. I really am going to enjoy sharing my plans with all of you and glad you are all along for the ride!!! :yay:

I have 2 kids with birthdays in February. Thankfully, my dd will only be turning six. However, my oldest son...he turns 18. :scared1: So I hear ya there!!!

With lots going on, the summer will indeed fly by. I was amazed at how fast the summer flew by last year when I was planning our September trip. In a way that is so cool. In another it kinda sucks. I wish that the trip would be here, but I wish that all that time didn't have to go by. For me, I have about a year to get through. I know that in planning this trip and doing all that we have this year... 2011 might as well not even be jotted down as it will be gone before I know it...

Thanks so much for sharing your plans! It is going to be fun reading along!!!:goodvibes

We interrupt this wonderful pretrip report for the following news break:

State government offices closing at 3pm. The 9" of snow we were expecting has now been updated to 14"

You may now continue going about your day. I may not get into my driveway......:headache:

I also have Photoshop Elements that I now have an instruction book for so I'm really going to try to make my photos great (like Karen's )

Thanks Ann! :lovestruc

Now head home! I hope you get there before all the snow!!! :eek:

So you are going with FD, right? Is it counter or table? Where are you thinking about eating???? I'm dying to know!!! (can you tell I'm getting the itch???) :lmao:

So, I did make it home safely (yeah, I live 1/2 mile from my office) but as I suspected, I was only able to get my car in the driveway so that the snowplow didn't hit it. I left it down at the bottom and walked up. This was the first time in my adult life that I remember walking through snow that was higher than my knees!!! And with my back being sore, this was not an easy walk. Of course, I couldn't find my steps --- only the handrails. So, I shoveled myself IN to the house!!! The wind is still horrible!!! Peter came home and fortunately for me, he's snowblowed the entire driveway and pulled both cars up to the porch. I love that man!!! :love:

Ann, you asked about Celebrations magazine. You can find more info at www.celebrationspress.com. I love this magazine!!! I'm surprised you haven't heard of it. It's very informative and I think you'll like it. It's kinda pricey, but I think it's worth it. Yes, both Victoria and I enjoy trading pins with cm's. I don't usually trade with other people, just cm's. I have a hard time approaching people I don't know unless they are paid to talk to me such as cm's. Crazy, I know! :rolleyes1 I have a huge peg board which holds the pins that I want to forever keep. Victoria has her "1st trip" pin and last year we bought Peter's first pin "#1 Dad". I love the fact that the cm's have to trade with you!! I love it!

Yes, Karen, we were able to book the regular dining plan with Free Dining. OMG!! Both Peter and I thought this is such a good deal last year. I really tried to maximize the value by having our TS meals at suppertime. In real life I would NEVER order a $30 entree, but I had no trouble doing so knowing it was FREE!!! And I never usually order a dessert in real life either and these things were forced upon us during every meal!! I try to be so very practical except at Disney! ;) I am definitely going to do the Stitch breakfast at OHana's as this was one of the best experiences of the trip last year. I'm thinking of passing on Sci Fi diner (I think once you've seen it, you've seen it) and passing on Hollywood & Vine. I want Peter to experience Rainforest Cafe or T-Rex this time around. I definitely want to do the buffet at Cape May at the Beach Club. Loved, loved, loved that!!! (even though they don't know how to make a good New England clam chowder! --- it was Florida, after all! :lmao: I was thinking about trying the 50's Prime Time Cafe, but then I don't want some server telling me to eat my veggies, so I don't know. This is why I can't wait for my Passporter to come in, so I can decide. Oh, I don't think we'll go back to Captain Jack's in DTD. There wasn't alot of menu choices there....Oh, another one we won't do is Coral Reef. I hated that food and again, not many choices and our server wasn't pleasant at all. Wow, I'm coming up with alot of places we WON'T do aren't I?? :rolleyes1 But considering how many places they do have to chose from, I'm sure we'll be fine! I want to do the Donald Safari breakfast at Tusker House as well. We were planning it last year, but that was the morning after MNSSHP and there was no way we were making an 8am ADR! Just didn't happen. How's that for my plans, Karen??

We are also planning on spending one day at Universal Studios this time around. Still haven't figure all this out yet, but hey, isn't that half the fun?? :lmao:

Well, that's it for tonight.

Plans sound GREAT! Remember that Rainforest isn't on the DDP though, so you'll have to pay OOP for that! Savannah LOVES it, and I know it's not exclusive to Disney, but since we don't have one anywhere near us, she feels like it is and insists on going. I totally agree about Sci-fi. We enjoyed it for the atmosphere, but if/when we go back we want to try new places!

Plans sound GREAT! Remember that Rainforest isn't on the DDP though, so you'll have to pay OOP for that! Savannah LOVES it, and I know it's not exclusive to Disney, but since we don't have one anywhere near us, she feels like it is and insists on going. I totally agree about Sci-fi. We enjoyed it for the atmosphere, but if/when we go back we want to try new places!

Yeah, I did remember that Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex aren't on the DDP, but I really think this is something Peter would enjoy. (ok, fine, so would I!! :lmao:) We don't have any in this area either, so I consider them strictly "Disney" too! I really have to start checking out the restaurants as March will be here sooner than we know it!!! :)

OH, update 10:45am --- I just ordered my subscription to Tour Guide Mike (and got the $3 off discount for being a member on the Disboards!!!) Can't wait to start reading it all!!!

Hi All!!! This is so cool!! Not only am I starting my PTR, but my buddy Karen is, too!! Yes!! And our dates may overlap! I am totally psyched!!

After consulting with my lovely Victoria, we have decided our first day will be flying in and then going to DTD!! We've decided on T-Rex as our first night meal. Yes, it's not on the DDP, but that's ok. It will be worth it to see Peter's reaction. We may even have to Build a Dino, but I'm not sure about that one. We have quite a few Build a Bears and one Build a Dino, so we'll see. The Disney Magic may take over and just make us have to have one!!! So, today I will have to check out the menu for T-Rex and make sure there's something for everyone on the menu and add up the cost so I have an envelope ready. Oh, I am so excited to make up the tip envelopes. I'm not sure how my mousekeeper liked them, but I know the servers did. I now have a Cricut paper cutting machine for scrapbooking and 2 Disney cartridges, so I'm sure I can come up with something cute.

Today is Family Day. It will serve 2 purposes by one, getting Victoria away from the computer and two, just being together. We are heading down to the Portland Mall yet again. My back has been out for a couple days and to walk the mall will be good for me. That means putting up this ptr for now and getting in the shower. I am still working on the Disney 2010 Honeymoon trip scrapbook. It's just amazing how busy we can all get with real life. I'm also hoping to surprise my family by watching the 2006 Disney video that my niece took. That should be fun. :)

:cool1:

I'm still unsure if our days will overlap or not, I have two running schedules right now, I'll post about it on my PTR in a bit! How cool would that be though?!?!?!

Enjoy your family day today! I'm headed to a little afternoon spiritual retreat with some friends, I'm looking forward to it! Tomorrow is family day here! :)

OH!, I make tip envies too. I can't wait to see how cute yours turn out!

Enjoy your family day...and btw, I am jealous that you are working on your scrapbook. I haven't had a chance to work on any of mine in so long. I have a large closest that everything goes in and it takes forever just to get it all out before I can start. By the time I do that...I am exhausted...so I don't even start. :sad2:

OH!, I make tip envies too. I can't wait to see how cute yours turn out!

Enjoy your family day...and btw, I am jealous that you are working on your scrapbook. I haven't had a chance to work on any of mine in so long. I have a large closest that everything goes in and it takes forever just to get it all out before I can start. By the time I do that...I am exhausted...so I don't even start. :sad2:

I know what you mean about hauling everything out, just to put it all back. About one year ago I bought a crafting desk at Michael's and I have a 2 drawer file cabinet on either side. I have it in a corner of my living room so I can watch tv while scrapping. Everything goes right back into the file cabinets when I'm done so it doesn't look so messy. It's perfect because I don't waste time taking the supplies out. I am having so much fun with my new cricut!!! I got it for Christmas from my darling husband and I just love it!!! I have a set of friends from work that all have them and we've gotten together twice now just to work on projects. We just got together again on Friday so we work on projects and talk about our lives. It's nice to get together with friends. :cloud9:

I think I'll probably be using my punches for my tip envelopes. I have some Disney punches so I'll start working on those soon. I saw in another PTR about cleaning pennies for the penny presses. I never bothered to clean my pennies before, but her before and after pictures were amazing, so I may like to have clean pennies. We have a nice Disney fund piggy bank that I really should start rolling my quarters and pennies. That thing is getting filled quickly as all of us put our spare change in it. :yay:

We had a really fun Family Day yesterday! We did go to the Mall and I ran into so many sales and I really had a great time! I found more Christmas gifts for this coming year so I was pretty psyched. I also got to go to Build a Bear and bought a new outfit for my bear. Ok, so I had my $10 rewards certificate, so I only spent $3! When we got home we watched .........ready?.......Vampires Suck! Can you believe it? Yeah, totally not Disney related whatsoever but since Victoria and I are into the Twilight movies, we thought this might be funny. Oh, it was so stupid that it was funny! We really had a great day together but alas, this morning, Victoria is already Skyping with her friend on the laptop.

So, I wanted to share my Disney piggy bank with you all. We got it as a wedding gift from my cousin. Apparently she knows me all too well, huh? All of us have been putting our loose change in it and it's getting quite heavy now. Here it is....

piggybank.jpg

I also wanted to share an awesome purchase I found at Goodwill for $4.99. It's a nice fleece jacket with Lady and her pups from Lady and the Tramp. I thought it was so cute and it's really soft and warm.

LadyTrampjacket.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter