Your go-to Pasta Salad

I have been making a new one with tricolor rotini, shredded carrots,halved cherry tomatoes, cucumber and green onions with a mustard vinaigrette.
This is pretty close to mine: skip the carrots, add black olives, and make the dressing store-bought Olive Garden Lite.

I love BLT Pasta Salad. It's made with pasta, mayo, ranch dressing, lettuce, tomato and bacon.

I make a sundried tomato pasta salad but when I went to pinterest to get the exact recipe the page is no longer available. :scared: So I'll have to make from memory next time...

If we're having a company than I double the recipe...
1 box of the rotini pasta boiled
Finely red onion
Finely chopped red and green bell pepper
Finally chopped black olives
Chopped sundried tomatoes
Roasted red pepper vinaigrette dressing

Its pretty yummy. And if you use the tri color rotini, it's looks really pretty too....lol

We do something pretty similar, except I also add in shredded romaine lettuce and grated Parmesan cheese.

I am kind of lazy. I use tri-color rotini, Italian dressing, and black olives. I also like to add some parmesan cheese. I don't put onions in mine because I do not like onions.

A friend made this years ago and it’s been my go-to ever since. It’s super easy, but unfortunately also super unhealthy.

Tri-color tortellini, cooled and chilled
Block cheddar, cubed to 1 cm
Cucumber, 1/4 in slices, halved
Cherry tomaotes
Thick pepperoni slices, quartered
Italian dressing

Penne Pasta cooked al dente and the chilled under cold water
carrots cut on the bias then blanched
broccoli (mostly stems) cut into bite size pieces then blanched
Krab meat divided into bite size pieces
green onions chopped
topped with an herby vinaigrette dressing

Delish!

Last edited:
short cut pasta, whisk mayo and any kind of bottled dressing (Italian, sun dried tomato vinaigrette etc.) whatever vegetables are available and lots of peper

Saw this on a cooking show (Lidia Bastianich) and made it our own -- one of our favorites during summer!
  • 2 lbs. Trader Joe's Organic Sugarplum Tomatoes or whatever equivalent is handy
  • 2-3 Peeled Garlic Cloves (add more or less to taste)
  • 1/2 t. Salt
  • Fresh Basil Leaves (as much as you like -- go wild!), cut into thin strips
  • 1/8 - 1/4 t. Red Pepper Flakes (adjust to taste)
  • 1/2 C. EVOO (or more)
  • 1 C. Freshly Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese (can add more, can mix with Parmesan, can mix with other cheeses -- adjust to taste)
  • 1 lb. Fusilli, cooked about 1-2 minutes shy of al dente, then drained and allowed to cool
This is the base recipe -- make it as simple or jazzy as you'd like. Cut the tomatoes in half and put in a large bowl. Smash or grate the garlic cloves, add to the tomatoes. Add the salt and the red pepper flakes. Add the basil and EVOO. Stir everything together. Cover and let sit for at least an hour to let the flavors meld. Then add the pasta and the cheese. Fun options: balsamic vinegar, roasted red peppers, kalamata olives, fresh mozzarella cubes, fresh corn kernels, Persian cucumbers, etc. Add whatever is fresh and fun that catches your eye! If you want dressing: make a vinaigrette with whatever vinegar you have around or use an Italian dressing of your choice. To make this a meal, add grilled shrimp or grilled chicken. Serve with crusty bread and a nice bottle of wine. Bliss...

Last edited:
A quick caprese pasta salad with orzo. I just use garlic olive oil, lemon balsamic, salt and pepper.

Mexican Pasta Salad
Serves: 9 / Prep time: 20 minutes / Total time: 20 minutes (plus chilling time)

5 ounces whole-grain shell or elbow pasta
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
3 teaspoons taco seasoning spice mix
2 teaspoons sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 clove garlic, peeled, minced
1 can (14.5 ounces) dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 cup chopped red bell pepper
⅓ cup diced red onion
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
Do you just throw this all together or are there any specific instructions?

Until that poster responds, it looks like you whisk together ingredients 2-8, then goes everything else in a bowl. Then drizzle the dressing over the salad, and mix to combine/coat.

My favorite pasta salad is a warm pasta with a tomato-based dressing. You can also add meat, like chicken or small round bites of ground beef or even a veal cutlet with some melted cheese on it.

My second favorite is also warm, but the dressing a a cream and parm cheese dressing. Be generous with the dressing in either case.

😊

Italian pasta salad.

Note. Don't use Italian dressing from the bottle. Use some red wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. It's so much easier. It's so much cheaper, and it's so much better.

Tri color rotini Actually elbows would be more authentic. But I like the tri color here.
cherry or grape tomatoes halved or quartered depending on size.
red onions chopped
English cucumber chopped
Italian parsley. finely chopped
Bell pepper (roasted and chopped) Yellow if you like beautiful color.
Leftover chicken (no, not one that has been gnawed on)
Italian dry salami (if you can't find one use whatever hard salami you can)
Ricotta salata grated or Feta cheese crumbled
Nicoise olives or Kalamata olives. Pitted and chopped. If you can't find either, leave them off. Black olives from the can or cheap green olives don't work here.

Oil red wine vinegar salt and pepper.

I really like The Pioneer Woman's Mexican Macaroni Salad. You can just use canned corn instead of fresh if needed.

Making one this morning with spam and cheese.
Happened to buy spam for the apocalypse because it was the only thing left for canned goods by the time I got to panic shop.
Might as well use it up!

By caprese do you mean you add tomatoes and basil and mozzarella?

Yes. I use the mozzarella pearls, grape tomatoes and basil all tossed in there.

I finally have enough basil in my garden to make a large batch of pesto so I think the next time I make it with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter