Your favourite 2BR?

torsie24

Mummy to a perfect princess.
Hi All,

:)

We've only stayed in hotel rooms or studios before as we've travelled just the two of us.

Next trip my parents will be coming, and we're thinking of getting a 2BR instead of 2 studios, so that we can benefit from the extra space. :)

I'd love to hear which resort has your favourite 2BRs and why.

Which are the most spacious, have the nicest layouts etc.

We've stayed at AKL, BW, BLT and GF, and have visited all the deluxes, so are wll informed of locations and views etc, but I'd like your views on the actual villas themselves if that's OK?

We've stayed in larger villas at all of the DVC resorts at Disney. Our favorites are BLT, Kidani Village, and OKW. We like the furnishings, extra sleeper chair and extra bathroom at BLT and Kidani Village. They feel very modern and spacious. We enjoy the 2 bedrooms at OKW just because of the huge size of the villa, and the great, large balcony.

I like the layout of the 2 bedrooms at SSR & BWV. The small "hallway" between the living room/kitchen area and the master bedroom gives a nice bit of privacy.

While Kidani offers an extra bathroom which is a nice feature when you have a larger group of people, I don't like the master bedroom being directly connected to the living room. IMO, the layout feels smaller because of the lack of that hallway that SSR & BWV provide.

OKW 2 bdrm villas are our favorite because of their size. The whole unit is large - huge kitchen, living room and master bathroom.

I like OKW because the space is the largest. There are two couches and a sleeper chair along with the table with 4 chairs. The balcony has a table and four chairs too. BLT (even numbered room) is very spacious too.

The other places we've stayed in have seating for 4 but only have one couch and comfy chair. Having 3 on a couch is squishy for us and using dining room chairs just is not all that relaxing after a long day.

But sometimes the location and amenities trumps the size of the unit.

We like the 2 BDR at Kidani. We stay there once a year in the 2 BDR with my parents, my husband and two younger girls. The third bathroom is very handy with 6 people. The villa is very large and has an balcony that runs the entire length of the villa, about 50 feet I would guess. Awesome if you book a savanna view to animal watch. The villas are newer and in good condition. The theme of the resort is fun. I LOVE the mattresses, so comfy. We've stayed in a few other properties and it is not the same bed. I usually do not sleep well in hotels but at Kidani I do! The community hall has a lot of fun activities and crafts for kids, or adult kids. :) We like to stay on the side closest to Jambo so we can walk over to Boma for breakfast. We also like the pool at Kidani. It has a big slide and a smaller slide for little kids. Also has a nice splash area for kids to play. Also it is a "cheaper" point resort, so good value for the points.

Look at DVCnews.com to view pictures of all of the different two bed villas and floor plans. It's under maps and photos. Here is the link to Kidani. http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/animal-kingdom-villas/maps-a-photos

-April

Thanks everyone. :) I really appreciate your thoughts.

And that link is great! Thank you. X

DH loves Jambo house, but I think if I explain that the Kidani rooms are a lot nicer he might give it a go. :)

We aren't going until 2014 so fingers crossed might be able to try GFV too. :)

Add my votes for BLT and Kidani....with Kidani just barely beating out BLT for the #1 spot. We've stayed at dedicated 2BR units in both.

While BLT is going to give a more light and airy feel because of the decor, the tipping point for me in this decision is the master bathroom layouts. With small children in the family, it's very nice to have a full bathroom separated by a door (in Kidani), rather than the sliding partitions/walls between the master bedroom and bathroom in BLT.

And here is a very rediculously particular reason I'd choose Kidani....I can't stand the shower heads in BLT (some people may know what I'm talking about). With full water pressure the streams of water coming out of the shower heads (in the second and third bathrooms) feel like needles. If you drop the pressure coming out of the shower head, not enough water comes out. Anyone else with me on this?

However, with all of that being said, our family loves the place and is staying in BLT this July. For our children, the walk to the Magic Kingdom can't be beat.

Good luck with your decision!

I've stayed in a 2BR and a treehouse both at SSR. Very spacious, well-appointed, I would definitely recommend both. :thumbsup2

The two bedroom at OKW is amazing. The villas are very spacious and I loved that we had a full size washer and dryer in the room.

We did really enjoy Kidani as well. The extra washroom was usefull. I liked that the bus came to Kidani before going to Jambo House as well.

BLT and Kidani have my vote! I did not care for the lay out of OKW but I loved the balcony! SSR living room just seemed too small. Kidani has a great balcony also - especially the savanna views! I think if I were you I would focus more on location and where you want to be since all 2 bedroom will be more then spacious for 4 people, its not like trying to use the 8 or 9 people capacity and a extra bath would come in handy! Enjoy

Easy. OKW. The room is very large. The jacuzzi tub in the master bedroom is bigger than most of them. The porch is really excellent. A large round table with four chairs. Not the little standing type porch with two chairs and a little side table. Full size washer and dryer, not stackables, in a real laundry room, not just a closet.

If it is dedicated, there is a very large closet in the second bedroom (almost big enough for a small room) and the bathroom is pretty large, too.

But more than likely you will have a building without an elevator. But I just had my second knee replacement and never had a problem. And most of them have great views of the golf course or the canal.

Breakfast at Olivia's is also lots of fun. Eat on the patio.

Another vote for OKW and Kidani! Both great resorts, love the extra bathroom (and the huge master bath) at Kidani, but also love the spaciousness and the laid back feel of OKW. Ahhh...I'm relaxing just thinking about it! The potential for a VERY long walk at Kidani, depending on where your room is located, is a slight minus, but if you get lucky with the room assignment, it's fabulous. Prefer the OKW layout for easier access to the buses, from most buildings, anyway.:)

I LOVE the 2br at BLT. We use the 2 br when my parents travel with us. Lots of room, nobody is tripping over each other and the walk to MK is a huge plus!

And just as a side note---i love having 3 baths---one for me, one for kids, an done for my parents.

OP thanks so much for posting, as I was wondering the same thing. We usually stay in a 1 bedroom but fortunately have enough points to stay in a 2 bedroom next year! :thumbsup2

Someone made a good point about space vs. location. We have it narrowed down to OKW for space and BCV for location. Although no one has voted for BCV so far :confused3

Strictly based on the rooms only - AKL Kidani gets my vote. Nice sized rooms plus there is a third bathroom. We have not stayed at BLT, but I think the villa there has the same feature. A close second is OKW (only buildings #30 and above) because of the space, the full kitchen and the full size, round dining table with chairs. The balcony is also a plus. I say buildings #30 and above because those have access to the bathroom from the living area through the laundry space. Otherwise, you need to go through a bedroom to use a bathroom. SSR would be third

Hands down....OKW has the best 2 bedroom villas. I LOVE Kidani for the animals and the wonderful feel of the resort, but I wish they had OKW space and layout. LOVE those huge porches with the table and 4 chairs too. We eat breakfast out there every morning at OKW, and often have our suppers out there as well.

If you add in the fact that there are 2 real queen beds, 1 real king bed and 1 queen sleep sofa and one twin sleep chair, it not only has the space, but also the accommodations for lots of people.

I own at AKV and totally love the 2BR's at Kidani. I love the full length balcony and, as others have pointed out, the third full bath is awesome. The shower in the master is HUGE and the double sink is great. The W/D is next to the front door, so you do not notice the noise as much when in the bedroom.

I am now living in a 2BR lake view at BLT. This room is great! I am one of 7 adults currently sitting in the LR/DR and I don't feel like I am in anyone's way. The W/D is in a laundry room, which offers space for storing luggage or an Owner's Locker or stroller. The kitchen feels really big. I miss the full length balcony, but as opposed to AKV-Kidani, there is really nothing to look at on the balcony, so I don't feel like I am missing out on anything. The sliding doors on the bathrooms are a little strange, but not a deal breaker. The third full bath is also a welcome bonus here as well.

I have stayed in a 2BR at SSR, which was fine, but only had 2 full bathrooms. My DBIL and DSIL own at OKW and love the 2BR units there, but they also only have 2 full baths. Earlier this week. we stayed on the Jambo-CL, and really missed the 3rd bath. Additionally, the main living area seemed really small.

So in summary, I am a fan of Kidani and BLT 2BR's. Have fun planning!!

We've stayed in larger villas at all of the DVC resorts at Disney. Our favorites are BLT, Kidani Village, and OKW. We like the furnishings, extra sleeper chair and extra bathroom at BLT and Kidani Village. They feel very modern and spacious. We enjoy the 2 bedrooms at OKW just because of the huge size of the villa, and the great, large balcony.

I do enjoy eating breakfast on the beautiful balcony on the outdoor patio table every day.... its a very relaxing way to start the day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter