Your favorite studio villa

We purchased DVC so we wouldn't have to stay in hotel rooms. I don't consider a studio stay a "villa" stay. Studios all seem like hotel rooms to me.

Although I agree with Diane when DH and I go, sometimes I take solo trips-then I go with a studio. For the studio itself, I think my favorite is at AKV-Jambo, If I'm lucky enough get a value studio with a savannah view, that one's my favorite. Otherwise, my favorite is the savannah view (more points though). A close second is the BCV studio. It has a better location, with the convenience to Epcot. However, for the studio itself, you can't beat a view of the giraffes. Also, for some reason, it irks me slightly that the vanity at the "delux studio" at BCV has one sink, yet the non-delux value studios at AKV have two sinks.

To each his own I guess. I Love the 1 Bedrooms, but when I am trying to get those most of my points, or when I just didn't have that many points, studios are great. Its nice to have a bed and a sofa, since there are just two of us.

I haven't stayed in all the studios, but I have stayed at OKW, BLT, WLV and AKV in a studios. My favorite so far is AKV Jambo. In fact, (we just got back from AKV) I was really suprised at HOW much I liked AKV. We stayed in a Savannah view which I think was perfect. The room was a nice size, (as opposed to BLT), was in good shape, had the sofa/bed combination, and I really liked the bathroom area layout, with the sinks outside of the tub/toilet room, and the fact that were two of them! The full length mirror and its location (not on the bathroom door), was nice as well.

I liked AKV Jambo also as it had a good counter service that you didn't have to go outside to get to. If there was one thing I don't like about DVC is the lack of good CS. Don't get me wrong I like TS restaurants, and Olivia's was a big hit with us in January, but sometimes... I just want a hamburger or mac and cheese.

WLV was my second favorite, layout is very similar, but the two sinks really was a major factor for me. Roaring Forks is also a good CS option, you have to go outside, but as WLV is so small, the walk is very minimal. Plus I just love the Lodge.

BLT is my third favorite, studios are small, but not a huge deal if there are only 2 people. I would not recommend it for more then that. LOVE LOVE LOVE the walk to Magic Kingdom! So glad I own points there for the standard view villas. Not as big a fan as Contemporary as I thought I was going to be though, the layout is just so confusing for me. (I felt like I needed Indiana Jones to find the workout room)

OKW, just has never impressed me, I really have tried to like it... but it just feels too much like a retirement community. The CS stinks, (sorry), and I really dislike the room layout, the sink, tub and toilet all in one room. Of all the DVC's its studios remind me the most of just a normal run of the mill (non disney) hotel room, even before the refurb. I think because of the 2 queens as we really like the bed/sofa combination. Of course that's why some like it, its the only DVC with 2 real beds. Of course Olivia's is its one saving grace, its great!

Hope this helps

Jennifer

The only studio I would even consider is SSR, because of the way they are connected to the one bedroom with a more private foyer.

In the other studios due to door placement I feel like I am in someone's room but they have locked me out, :rotfl2:

Of all the studios we have stayed in (BWV, AKV, SSR, OKW) I give a slight edge to AKV Kidani savanna view. The theme, decor and view are wonderful. Location and lack of access to food are big negatives though.

Love all the others equally for various reasons, mainly for their locations, theme and easy access to parks or DTD.

I'm sort of with Sammie on this one......I really like the connecting door in the foyer area at SSR...however, that said I also really like the studios at AKV Jambo also......the only thing I do not like about the Jambo studios is the fact that closet (if you can even call it a closet!) is so very small ....which really isn't a huge issue if you're traveling solo.....as someone else above said usually when it's DH and I we would have a 1 bdrm..it would be a rare occurrence for the two of us to be in a studio and if we were it most likely would be SSR....

I've stayed in studios at OKW, AKV, BCV, BWV and VGC. My favorite is VGC. I think it is more "upscale" than the others and love how the hotel connects to DCA. Had an awesome park view last year. I usually prefer a 1 bedroom but the points are too high at VGC.

My favorite??? My 5th floor, Village Green studio....2 doors down from the elevators, the stairs are right there, I get to see the boardwalk and the fireworks. Love, love, love this studio.
While I love the one bedroom villas, we tend to stay in studios...love 'em.

My favorite??? My 5th floor, Village Green studio....2 doors down from the elevators, the stairs are right there, I get to see the boardwalk and the fireworks. Love, love, love this studio.

ditto to most of the above......since we have never been fortunate enoough to get the village green studio, our favorites are xx29 and xx31 (BW view - across from the basketball game).
less than 10 seconds to a stairwell that leads to luna park/BW or the walkway to DHS.
there is absolutely nothing in the world (disney or "real" world) that compares to sipping coffee as the BW wakes up, people watching, enjoying illuminations with a glass of wine with your jammies on :cloud9:
we've changed our travel plans when BW view was unavailable - it is much more important to us than the size of the room.

My favorite studio was our last one...... the Pool View Patio Studio at Aulani.:cool1: I loved sitting out there with my coffee in the morning.... and my cocktail in the evening. :love:

As far as my WDW studio is concerned we've stayed at BWV, Kidani and OKW. I loved OKW but I didn't like the two queen beds in. It is just the two of us so we like having the sofa to sit and relax on.

BWV is our favorite because of location, but we really enjoyed our Kidani stay last January. :woohoo:

My favorite has been an arusha savannah studio at Jambo. I do like the fact that there are 2 sinks in the dressing area of the studios there, even in the value studios.

I have also had a dedicated Village Green studio at BWV, that was special, too.

We have mostly booked studios, and I've not ever had a "bad" one, and I've had the dumpster view at VWL a number of times. As long as I have a balcony or patio to sit out on and I can direct my view someplace that's nice, I'm happy. The noise of the vehicles in the morning, sometimes does take away from my enjoyment, no matter where I am, however.

ditto to most of the above......since we have never been fortunate enoough to get the village green studio, our favorites are xx29 and xx31 (BW view - across from the basketball game).
less than 10 seconds to a stairwell that leads to luna park/BW or the walkway to DHS.
there is absolutely nothing in the world (disney or "real" world) that compares to sipping coffee as the BW wakes up, people watching, enjoying illuminations with a glass of wine with your jammies on :cloud9:
we've changed our travel plans when BW view was unavailable - it is much more important to us than the size of the room.
My dd and her two friends are in 2029 right now...she said they love it!!! I was concerned that it wasn't high enough up for the girls but they love the easy access...and no elevator waits!!! Lucky girls!!!

How many Village Green rooms are there? Are they all studios? Also, please remind me, are they considered standard view rooms?

no the village green are garden/pool - these are close to the boats for epcot/studios

standard views are closer to the drive way - love 'em.

my favorite is standard view at BLT north side even number - you may get a view of the MK plus the lake. - okay side views both.

We've only stayed at OKW, BCV and BWV in a studio (and an Ocean view Inn room at Vero Beach). Of these, we found OKW the best because of the two queen beds and the large bathroom. I hate those teeny tiny bathrooms where you have the tub/shower and the toilet between them and the door and the sink outside. They are just so small it makes it hard to bathe.

And if you have little ones to bathe, the OKW bathroom is just so much easier to use.

We've only stayed at OKW, BCV and BWV in a studio (and an Ocean view Inn room at Vero Beach). Of these, we found OKW the best because of the two queen beds and the large bathroom. I hate those teeny tiny bathrooms where you have the tub/shower and the toilet between them and the door and the sink outside. They are just so small it makes it hard to bathe.

And if you have little ones to bathe, the OKW bathroom is just so much easier to use.

I agree, and even though the bathroom is one big room, there IS that extra sink in the kitchenette area that works great if two people want to get ready at the same time. I will repeat again though....we do NOT use studios. It's why when we stay in 2 bedroom villas I make our guests us the second bedroom instead of the master!;)

Since the question is what is your favorite studio . . . I'll limit my comments about studios.

We've stayed in studios at BWV (a Village Green view), AKV Value, BLT (MK and Lake view), OKW (Turtle Pond) and VWL.

Our favorite continues to be the BLT studio. Sure the bathroom is not made for two people at the sink at the same time, but except for the AKV values or Jambo House none of the others are either. I think why really like the BLT studio is that there is lots of storage and places to park your luggage out of sight. So when we are enjoying sitting on the couch it's more relaxing as we're not looking at all the clutter we've had at the other resorts. And the views are spectacular.

OKW was the worse. Although the room was large, there wasn't much storage and the luggage just sat out in plain view. Also I missed not have a couch to sit on. I found out that many of the studios at OKW don't really have much of a view. The shrubbery has grown up so much that the views for the studios are often blocked. The 1 and 2 BR rooms have great views but not the studios sandwiched between. One of the things I really like about a DVC villa is the balcony with a view. We spend more time in the room now and a view matters.

Regarding the studio at VWL, I found that the noise from the living room of the attached 1 BR was very distracting. I much prefer a room where the connecting door is in the foyer like at SSR and BLT. The room at VWL was okay. But I did miss a larger balcony with a view and there was no privacy divider between the small balconies. We did have more of a view that some because we on the green belt area with the trees further out. I do really like the entire WLV/WL resort though.

BWV studio with a Village Green View. I really thought I would enjoy this view because I enjoy people watching. It was nice that the studio was a dedicated. But I did not enjoy sitting on the balcony. Because we were just as exposed to the public as they were to us. Also most of the balcony was uncovered and there wasn't any privacy divider between your balcony and your neighbors. I think BWV are for people that are more into the night life and activities on the boardwalk--it's just not us. Although we had a nice quiet pool view once at BWV but that wasn't a studio--I still felt the same about the resort.

We've only stayed a couple of nights in an AKV value. We had a pool view, but mainly saw the tree tops and heard the noise from the pool. It was too distracting to just leave the door open because the noise really bounced off of the walls in our studio. I didn't really noticed anything bad about the smaller room. However we were lucky that we got one of the values that actually had a real closet plus the wardrobe that is normally used for a closet. It did save us a lot of points. More days are nice.

We've stayed in a studio at VWL, AKV Jambo both standard and value, and OKW. Of the 3, AKV would be our 1st choice: really enjoyed the pool view and even though we've only had parking views in the values, we love villa decor and the resort itself. OKW would be our next choice because of the 2 queens and the the size of the room. DS usually sleeps on the floor and there is more room in OKW for him NOT to get trampled on! I'm not a wilderness kind of girl, so I was not impressed with the decor at VWL.

Since the question is what is your favorite studio . . . I'll limit my comments about studios.

We've stayed in studios at BWV (a Village Green view), AKV Value, BLT (MK and Lake view), OKW (Turtle Pond) and VWL.

Our favorite continues to be the BLT studio. Sure the bathroom is not made for two people at the sink at the same time, but except for the AKV values or Jambo House none of the others are either. I think why really like the BLT studio is that there is lots of storage and places to park your luggage out of sight. So when we are enjoying sitting on the couch it's more relaxing as we're not looking at all the clutter we've had at the other resorts. And the views are spectacular.

OKW was the worse. Although the room was large, there wasn't much storage and the luggage just sat out in plain view. Also I missed not have a couch to sit on. I found out that many of the studios at OKW don't really have much of a view. The shrubbery has grown up so much that the views for the studios are often blocked. The 1 and 2 BR rooms have great views but not the studios sandwiched between. One of the things I really like about a DVC villa is the balcony with a view. We spend more time in the room now and a view matters.

Regarding the studio at VWL, I found that the noise from the living room of the attached 1 BR was very distracting. I much prefer a room where the connecting door is in the foyer like at SSR and BLT. The room at VWL was okay. But I did miss a larger balcony with a view and there was no privacy divider between the small balconies. We did have more of a view that some because we on the green belt area with the trees further out. I do really like the entire WLV/WL resort though.

BWV studio with a Village Green View. I really thought I would enjoy this view because I enjoy people watching. It was nice that the studio was a dedicated. But I did not enjoy sitting on the balcony. Because we were just as exposed to the public as they were to us. Also most of the balcony was uncovered and there wasn't any privacy divider between your balcony and your neighbors. I think BWV are for people that are more into the night life and activities on the boardwalk--it's just not us. Although we had a nice quiet pool view once at BWV but that wasn't a studio--I still felt the same about the resort.

We've only stayed a couple of nights in an AKV value. We had a pool view, but mainly saw the tree tops and heard the noise from the pool. It was too distracting to just leave the door open because the noise really bounced off of the walls in our studio. I didn't really noticed anything bad about the smaller room. However we were lucky that we got one of the values that actually had a real closet plus the wardrobe that is normally used for a closet. It did save us a lot of points. More days are nice.

I will agree with that. It's one of the very few things I'm not crazy about. I hate sitting out on my balcony and having strangers sitting less than 3' away!!! The studio that my dd is currently in (2029) has an enclosed wall, with a solid divider between them and the studio next door. So, even though they are only one level up, I think they prefer the privacy they have to being higher up with a lot less privacy!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter