Young infant on the Safari ride at AK?

Denine

I want to go on a cruise! I want to move to sunny
I was thinking about taking our daughter on this ride because I love it. She will be way too young to appreciate the animals. Is it going to be too bumpy? They have toned it down a bit, to my disappointment. Our daughter will be 3-1/2 months old when we go.

I personally wouldn't take an infant on that bumpy of a ride. I would be concerned about all the shaking and bouncing.

But that's just my opinion, and I'm an overly paranoid mom :).

Teresa

I'm not a paranoid mom and I wouldn't take an infant on the Safari

I took DD on the safari when she was 9 months and she did fine . . . in fact, it was probably one of her favorite attractions of the whole trip. She couldn't see or appreciate the animals. She just enjoyed riding on dad's lap. Obviously there are big differences between a 9 month old and a 3 1/2 month old, but I'd still take your baby. If you put her in an infant carrier and hold her close to minimize how much she gets bounced around, you should be just fine. Good luck.

It would be best to wait until the baby is older. Very bumpy ride!

We rode the safari with our DS when he was 4 months old. He was in his Baby Bjorn, on my chest, facing forward. He had a great time and was protected from the bumpety bumps.

Thanks everyone. I'll see how she is doing holding her up by them and then make a judgement. If I don't take her in January, then she could probably go in May.

We took our 3 month old son on the safari in September and he did just fine. I held him, and he slept through most of the ride. We had just driven to Florida in DHs F350 pickup towing our trailer so it could just be that he was used to the bumps :)

My DS is older than your child (he just turned 15 months old) and he loved the safari ride last weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter