You Get a Suite! You Get a Suite! Everybody Gets a Suite! December 2023 Trip Report! (Updated 6/19!!)

The food was ok, but I don’t think we would come back unless it was for another dining package and it was the only thing we could get. It’s kinda a bummer, I remember absolutely loving this place in the 90s, but either my tastes have changed, or the quality of the food has gone down (or perhaps both).
We've dined here twice. The first time was about 20 years ago, and the food was very good. The second time was 8 years ago, and the food wasn't good at all. Coral Reef is on our "never again" list.
Also, random aside, would anyone be interested in a throwback TR? It would mostly be pictures, but my mom has been sending me old photos from past trips, and not only am I loving the old fashion (and omg the 90s angsty/grunge me :rotfl2:), but it’s also kind of fascinating to see how things have changed over the years.
I would love to see them. I am guessing that you are about the same age as one of our daughters, and it would be fun to go down memory lane. :)

I had considered getting the clam chowder, but being from just outside of Boston, I have little faith in non-New England places being able to make a good one
Also from Boston and have the same issues with Chowder. I made the mistake of getting it at the Cheesecake factory once, it was basically white soup. Chowder should be creamy! I always make sure to ask if it is thick or soupy, if they say thick I will give it a try. Yacht Club had a decent chowder years ago. I don't know if they still have it.
The food was ok, but I don’t think we would come back unless it was for another dining package and it was the only thing we could get. It’s kinda a bummer, I remember absolutely loving this place in the 90s, but either my tastes have changed, or the quality of the food has gone down (or perhaps both).
I don't love Coral Reef. I don't love sea food to start with, and the steak I got there was kinda rubbery. I have not been since 2012 when I had the cruddy steak. I definitely agree with your assessment. Dinner package for CP I could deal with it, but would not be my first choice.
hey all wanted to talk to each other and ended up yelling over us to have their conversations.
This is so rude. I get it and I don't at the same time. Like how about for dinner, just talk to the people you are with and if something is important to say get up and talk to the person.
Also, random aside, would anyone be interested in a throwback TR?
I LOVE throwback photos of Disney! This would be fun to follow.

Please do the throwback report and pictures. My family has been going every year since 1994 and I am not much of a picture taker. O would love to reminisce with your photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Haha, will do! I'm excited to post these old photos, it's so cool seeing retro Disney!

I'd love to see your retro pictures! Getting a candlelight package was really hard last year. I wound up at Spice Road Table because that was literally all that was available for John Stamos. Disney is so frustrating in that they basically force us into the early planning with park reservations, dining etc. but then don't follow their own rules and give all the info/tools needed in order to fully plan. For example, we're getting close to 60 days from the start of Food & Wine and know nothing. :rolleyes:
Great! I'll start getting the pictures scanned in, it's fun to see how much has changed over the years.

Booking Candlelight last year was a pain, the only options that ever came up for me was Akershus and Coral Reef, and Akershus was only breakfast which didn't work with our plans. So frustrating!

And yes, how have they not released anything yet for F&W!?? I feel like pre-pandemic we knew about the special events and food by the end of June, it seems they are super late this year....

We've dined here twice. The first time was about 20 years ago, and the food was very good. The second time was 8 years ago, and the food wasn't good at all. Coral Reef is on our "never again" list.
Yeah, we weren't impressed this time. I guess the quality has gone downhill over the years, it's unfortunate since it is such a cool place to eat!
I would love to see them. I am guessing that you are about the same age as one of our daughters, and it would be fun to go down memory lane. :)
Awesome! Just got started scanning them in, cannot wait to start posting them!

Also from Boston and have the same issues with Chowder. I made the mistake of getting it at the Cheesecake factory once, it was basically white soup. Chowder should be creamy! I always make sure to ask if it is thick or soupy, if they say thick I will give it a try. Yacht Club had a decent chowder years ago. I don't know if they still have it.
Yes, so many places just don't know how to make it properly! I don't think I've ever tried the chowder at the YC, next time we eat there I'll have to try it if it's on the menu!
I don't love Coral Reef. I don't love sea food to start with, and the steak I got there was kinda rubbery. I have not been since 2012 when I had the cruddy steak. I definitely agree with your assessment. Dinner package for CP I could deal with it, but would not be my first choice.
It really wasn't great, it's unfortunate we really used to love it, but things definitely seemed to have changed over the years.
This is so rude. I get it and I don't at the same time. Like how about for dinner, just talk to the people you are with and if something is important to say get up and talk to the person.
Right?!? I feel like some people are just so clueless these days and don't realize they're being rude.
I LOVE throwback photos of Disney! This would be fun to follow.
Ok awesome, just started scanning in the pictures so will get started on that soon!

First - yes to the throwback report. I can't WAIT to see you all angsty and 90's.
Second - yum to your dad's drink. I do LOVE a pina colava. In fact, as I saw the picture and before you said what it was, I was just like - I NEED that drink.
Third - while I am sorry about your mediocre experience at Coral Reef, I'm glad to hear about it. I have put this on and off my list to try many times. I don't eat seafood (so that's always been a drawback) but I thought I should experience this restaurant at least once. Now, I've put it on my nope never list.

First - yes to the throwback report. I can't WAIT to see you all angsty and 90's.
Oh yay! I just started the report! I'm so excited to share all these old photos, it's way too much fun going through all of them.
Second - yum to your dad's drink. I do LOVE a pina colava. In fact, as I saw the picture and before you said what it was, I was just like - I NEED that drink.
Haha, this actually was a really good drink, and my dad loved it!
Third - while I am sorry about your mediocre experience at Coral Reef, I'm glad to hear about it. I have put this on and off my list to try many times. I don't eat seafood (so that's always been a drawback) but I thought I should experience this restaurant at least once. Now, I've put it on my nope never list.
Thanks, yeah it was a disappointment. It's too bad since we really did used to love it, but sadly things just went downhill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter