You did it... you sucked me in!

MyZoeJane

DIS Veteran
I've been all over reading about "you people" and I guess it's time to see what all the fuss is about. :rotfl2:

I've read multiple half marathon reports from fellow WISHers and the sense of community has really made me feel like you're a group that I want to know!

I signed up several weeks ago with Team in Training to run/walk the Disney Half Marathon for the first time. This is my first race EVER and until several weeks ago I was NOT a runner. Slowly but surely.... I am getting better and beating my way through the muscle aches and pains.

I've read a few unfavorable accounts of TNT and opinions that TNT runners are rude, etc... I do pray this isn't true. I believe that my team is a spectacular group even though I've only known them a short time. My close friend Heidi and I signed on to do this together and she's a fellow DISboards nut like me... we're both so looking forward to January!

Anyhow, I'm new to running and I'd just really love to share in this community of knowledge and support. Tell me everything!!! :goodvibes

I've been all over reading about "you people" and I guess it's time to see what all the fuss is about. :rotfl2:

I've read multiple half marathon reports from fellow WISHers and the sense of community has really made me feel like you're a group that I want to know!

I signed up several weeks ago with Team in Training to run/walk the Disney Half Marathon for the first time. This is my first race EVER and until several weeks ago I was NOT a runner. Slowly but surely.... I am getting better and beating my way through the muscle aches and pains.

I've read a few unfavorable accounts of TNT and opinions that TNT runners are rude, etc... I do pray this isn't true. I believe that my team is a spectacular group even though I've only known them a short time. My close friend Heidi and I signed on to do this together and she's a fellow DISboards nut like me... we're both so looking forward to January!

Anyhow, I'm new to running and I'd just really love to share in this community of knowledge and support. Tell me everything!!! :goodvibes

Welcome to our world. We love TNT, we were just teasing about throwing you to the Boogie in the Tower of Terror race.:rolleyes1

Be warned though that some people on here "Just ain't right". I'm one of the few normal people on here.

PatsFanBill is one to watch, especially on Sundays when he gets his back waxed.

Judy:snooty: is our Queen and ruler of the WISH Team, presents will be required when you meet her.

Mel is our weekly thread leader but she is off seeking 'The meaning of life', so her indentured servent Big Vic is currently takling that over.

There are several that are just Goofy! Avoid them there maddness is contagious.

Again welcome, I don't want to give away all the secrets.

Dave:hippie:

Thank you, Big Vic!

Dave.... ummm.... please don't hurt me. :rotfl2:

(Really, I'll bear in mind your warning... although I tend not to heed such warnings, as I prefer to live on the wild side.) :rolleyes1

Welcome Alie!

You'll do great! As far as the TnT support to their members I have not heard a peep against it. I think you'll you'll do great with their instruction and support. Actually should do amazingly well considering you'll have them AND us cheering for you :cheer2:

Truly the WISH team cheers for all so regardless you'll have our yells and screams but please make sure you wear something LIME green so we can watch for you and go a bit wild ;) Even if it's a curly ribbon safety clipped to your purple shirt. If we know what to look for hopefully we'll be able to pick you out of the thousands :thumbsup2

All the best in your training!!! Get some ice packs if you haven't already. They really do help when you have a muscle rebeling after a hard day.

Oh and allow time for the Expo in January! Not only for Disney merchandise but for other running stuff. You might find something interesting that you won't find at your local stores.

Do catch the weekly thread, I can't keep up with it but try to drop in every so often.

Welcome Alie! I'm sure you'll have a great time and it sounds like you have a friend doing it with you which is another great thing :) All the best to you both!!!

Welcome Alie!

You'll do great! As far as the TnT support to their members I have not heard a peep against it. I think you'll you'll do great with their instruction and support. Actually should do amazingly well considering you'll have them AND us cheering for you :cheer2:

Truly the WISH team cheers for all so regardless you'll have our yells and screams but please make sure you wear something LIME green so we can watch for you and go a bit wild ;) Even if it's a curly ribbon safety clipped to your purple shirt. If we know what to look for hopefully we'll be able to pick you out of the thousands :thumbsup2

All the best in your training!!! Get some ice packs if you haven't already. They really do help when you have a muscle rebeling after a hard day.

Oh and allow time for the Expo in January! Not only for Disney merchandise but for other running stuff. You might find something interesting that you won't find at your local stores.

Do catch the weekly thread, I can't keep up with it but try to drop in every so often.

Welcome Alie! I'm sure you'll have a great time and it sounds like you have a friend doing it with you which is another great thing :) All the best to you both!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

I hope you're doing well yourself... and I can't wait to get to know you better!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

I hope you're doing well yourself... and I can't wait to get to know you better!!!

I warned you to watch out for some of the not so normal among us. Now Diane has been known to dress her SUV as a swine, load it with wild women and drive cross country to mingle with flying pigs and then escape before they could be locked up for their own safety.

I warned you to watch out for some of the not so normal among us. Now Diane has been known to dress her SUV as a swine, load it with wild women and drive cross country to mingle with flying pigs and then escape before they could be locked up for their own safety.

Holy sheep! Where should I stand to wait for you to pick me up, Diane?????

:woohoo:

Ali - :welcome:

You've got the best of both worlds now - WISH and TnT! :cheer2:

A good friend of mine trains with the TnT in Dallas. It's a wonderful group and it really helped her a lot. She trained to do the half and full marathons. Now she's training for a triathalon with them. I'm just jealous that we don't have a TnT group in Arkansas. I'd love to be able to have that kind of physical support. However, nothing beats the support of the WISH team. They are the best! ;) :teeth: :thumbsup2

Good luck with your training. You'll find loads of info here on the WISH board.

See you in January!

THANK YOU Susie!!! I have, indeed, found that TNT is a VERY supportive group... though not even close to being as nutty about Disney as the folks on the DIS! I know for sure that here I will find the perfect blend of Disney fanaticism and training comraderie! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter