Yorkdale DS Closing as well

disneynuts777

<font color=red><marquee>I have never had this don
I was at Vaughan Mills today to check out there sale and a CM informed me that the Yorkdale location is closing June th 24th. Same day as the one in Ottawa.:sad2:

no way - gees - now where are we going to have to go to get our really cheap disney stuff

There will still be the store at Vaughan Mills, the one at Fairview and the store at Square One. Lots of places to go.

hummmm 2 hour drive from scarborough plus gas plus frustration in traffic vs paying full price

WOW! What am I going to do after Rainforest Cafe?

Are we going to have any in Ontario anymore? I know they were getting junky at Christmastime but I'll really miss the Disney Stores! Loved when they had the tees on clearance for $5.99.

Anyone know if they are clearing everyhting out suoer cheap, and if theres anything left at Yorkdale?

with them having the same closing date, I believe now that maybe Bayshore merchants assoc. is not to blame for not renewing the lease, same day closing is a bit too coincidental. sounds like company trying to save money.

and I would put money that Ottawa will not see a Disney Store again any time soon. ESP since they closed out the Rideau Centre, which is a main tourist area. :O(

No...rumor mill has it that Ottawa will not see a DS until late 2010. They are rolling out a new store design in early 2010 so I cannot see them opening a store under the old design.
We will have to wait and see.

Anyone know if they are clearing everyhting out suoer cheap, and if theres anything left at Yorkdale?

No...the sale at Yorkdale is the same as at the other stores. With Vaughan Mills being so close I would imagine that all the left over stock will get sent there.

I wonder what the new stores will look like and will they have a better clothing line for adults!

No...the sale at Yorkdale is the same as at the other stores. With Vaughan Mills being so close I would imagine that all the left over stock will get sent there.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday when talking to another local dis member about the store closing.

Just got back from Square One and was surprised to see the stock, or lack thereof. Not much in terms of adults and toddlers. I actually asked at the counter and she mentioned the dreaded word - recession. Hence they are bringing in only what the can sell. My 6 year old DD found a lot of stuff, but nothing for anyone else.

Same thing happened when we went , lots for my son but nothing really for my daughter ( 1 month) Guess we will just have to stock up in Feb at Disney.

with them having the same closing date, I believe now that maybe Bayshore merchants assoc. is not to blame for not renewing the lease, same day closing is a bit too coincidental. sounds like company trying to save money.

and I would put money that Ottawa will not see a Disney Store again any time soon. ESP since they closed out the Rideau Centre, which is a main tourist area. :O(

It was pointed out to me today, that if Bayshore and Yorkdale are owned by the same leasing company; and we're signed/closed on the same date way back when, then the June 24th closing date would not be coincidental.

While I think it's great Disney is planning on rolling out a new store design in 2010, we'll probably be into 2011 before it really opens (if at all) in Ottawa. Here's hoping the market picks up in the next 18-24 month :wizard:

FYI on Rideau Ctr - It was Rideau itself that would NOT renew Disney a few years back. When Rideau was rebranding the mall image, Disney did not fall in line with their "target" clientel.

While I'm sad to see the stores closing, I'm particularly sorry to see all the sales staff losing their jobs. Here's hoping everyone finds a new venture sooner than later :goodvibes

whats ridiculous is that they closed the one at the scarborough town centre only 2 years ago for about 4 or 5 months while they spent a fortune redesigning it and now they are closing again and redesigning again and probably spending another fortune in the process

When they closed the Scarborough store to renovate 2 years ago the stores were owned by the Children's Place. Now they are back owned by Disney so it's really two different companies spending "a fortune" to renovate. Hopefully the new design is more Disney like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter