Yikes, 911 down in Massachusetts in a heatwave

View attachment 869371
This one is down the street from my house (my evening walk), there is another one literally 50 feet from my house (and a fire hydrant outside my dining room window). I trust that box, it works even when power and wireless is out! And having one so close in addition to the fire hydrant save me a decent amount on insurance!
I don't remember those boxes anywhere in all the Massachusetts towns I lived in from 1955-1990. Did they come along after that?
Just curious, what were the temperatures in Massachusetts this week? I'm especially interested in the Worcester area.

I don't remember those boxes anywhere in all the Massachusetts towns I lived in from 1955-1990. Did they come along after that?
Just curious, what were the temperatures in Massachusetts this week? I'm especially interested in the Worcester area.
I think the boxes are more in the metro Boston area, back to 1852. It's been in the mid 90's from Worcester to the Boston area, feels like high 90's with the humidity and heat index. Supposed to drop back down into the low 80's tomorrow.

Last edited:
Do you live in Massachusetts or were you driving over the boarder when it went down?
That was the explanation given for other states getting the messages

Nope, as I mentioned in my post, I live in Maine. I was at work in the Portland area and got two alerts very close together (maybe 30-60 seconds in between), with the first being about the state 911 system being down (did not identify state) and the second saying the previous alert was a mistake and that the problem was in Mass, not Maine. So it's interesting that someone else was told other states were down, too. In Maine, we were assured our system was not down. We did get the later alert saying the Mass system was back up and running, though.

We were in Boston during a summer heat have. The issue is their AC is typically not good or non existent. You would walk in a restaurant and go OMG ain't eating here

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter