• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Yet another transportation during marathon weekend question

rubato

DIS Veteran
My husband and son are eating at Chef Mickey's on marathon morning.

If the ressie is at 8, how early should they leave for MK? I'm figuring 6:30 with all the traffic issues. They can then walk over to the Contemporary.

Will they have enough time to get to Epcot to see me finish? They will take at least an hour to eat, I would think. I am hoping to be done around 10:40 or so. Do you think that'll work?

Not an easy location for a character breakfast on marathon morning.....

Your second line is a little confusing. but I think you mean MK from the contemporary after eating?

Here goes for a plan of attack.

First, if you are in a car, then I would plan on the 6:30-6:45 time frame for leaving from POFQ. There is a lot of safety margin in the guesstimate but its better to be safe. The drive I would pursue is north (right) out of the resort up to Vista. Left on Vista and then north on Floridian to CR. Traffic will start to back up around the Wilderness Lodge entrance.

If no car, then I would plan on a taxi to one of two locations; one being directly to the CR. The other and cheaper location is the TTC. They can be dropped at the TTC and then catch a monorail to the CR. Again, I am thinking 6:45 ish would get them to the CR in fine fashion.

We will not have a car. We are going to try to use the bus system if possible. Do you think that there's just no way they can get to the Contemporary that early using the busses? I guess, at this point, another $10 or so isn't a big deal, but my husband will probably gripe a little about it. ;)

How about the trip from the Contemporary to Epcot after breakfast?

Thanks.

The trip to Epcot afterwords should be fine because you can take the monorail from the contemporary to the TTC and then jump on the monorail to Epcot.

Agreed, most likely they will not finish with the chef until 9 am so the race will be nearly past.

I would definitely suggest one of the taxi options. $10 is in the range of fare for the short ride. It is next to difficult for a regular Disney option.

Though they may be able to grab a marathon bus at 7 when they resume and then walk across the parking lot to the monorail. From there it is pretty obvious.

Hey, that's an idea. I hadn't thought of that. Or, they could get up at 3 with me, ride over to Epcot, hang out for awhile, and then take the monorail over.
;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter