Yes- Fw Has Been Upgraded- Disney Says So!

ftwildernessguy

<font color=green>I have a linen closet at home fu
This is the description of FW on the Disney website (I just checked it out):

Cabins and Campgrounds amenities include:
• Elaborately themed-pools with slides
• World Class Dining
• 24 hour room service
• Valet Parking
• Babysitting
• Club-level concierge available

FW UPGRADES HAVE HAPPENED AND WE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT IT!

well I got all excited there for a minute.

Is club concierge when you bring the bus along? Am I not eligible in my pop-up?:beach:

I'm really not kidding. I logged onto the web page and plugged in some dates to check availabilities and this was what was said about the campground. Just copied and pasted.

Seems to me they are refering to the Wilderness Lodge. I know when staying at the Lodge they push the campground and it's amenities in their literature when you check in. Only thing is they don't encourage campground guests to use the amenities of the Lodge. In fact they are annoyed about campground guests using the pools at the Lodge. Don't think they check the pool at the villas...but the pool at the Lodge they do check for resort id when it's crowded. Been there when that's happened. That's one of the reasons since the River Country closing that I feel they should offer the campground guests an updated swiming option. It would appear to me as if they are pushing the so called deluxe amenities because of the rates they charge for the cabins..very often near or over $300 a night. One would expect deluxe amenities for those prices. I wonder...if...they are thinking of offering the amenities of the WL..with the dining and babysitting..and the themed pool...and the amenities of the WL villas..which would include the gym to the FW cabin guests..? Price of a room at the WL same as the price of those cabins. Something to think about.

Yeah, it sounds like a mistake. But a funny one!

It's true that for the price of the cabins it would be nice to get more services, but what can you do? Pizza delivery would be nice. Don't some of the less expensive resorts have that? A counter service place with longer hours and soda refills. That's enough. :)

We checked once upon a time--I do think you are able to utilize the sitting services if you are staying in the cabins. Not sure if that is still true---but hey, one of the upgrades is probably correct. :rotfl2:

So darn--no room service for our pop-up this weekend.:laundy:

This is the description of FW on the Disney website (I just checked it out):

• World Class Dining
• 24 hour room service
• Valet Parking
• Babysitting

FW UPGRADES HAVE HAPPENED AND WE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT IT!

You mean they will Valet Park my Camper?!?!? WOOHOO!!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Yeah, that would be funny seeing a kid valet the "Diesel pusher" RV!:lmao:

They are gonna require a serious tip for this now...:rotfl2:

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to see some kid try to valet park my RV. It may be interesting to watch but end up being very expensive entertainment as he/she does something stupid. Then again, if the valet breaks it, does Disney replace it??

Happy Camping,
Al

And the baby-sitters thought it was tough keeping kids occupied in a hotel room with cable, wait until they attempt to entertain 4 kids in a tent during a rainstorm. :rotfl:

And the baby-sitters thought it was tough keeping kids occupied in a hotel room with cable, wait until they attempt to entertain 4 kids in a tent during a rainstorm. :rotfl:

Lizard catching, armadillo races....there's plenty to do!

And the baby-sitters thought it was tough keeping kids occupied in a hotel room with cable, wait until they attempt to entertain 4 kids in a tent during a rainstorm.

Lizard catching, armadillo races....there's plenty to do!

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:
Good ones guys.

Sorry to inform everyone, but Disney has discovered the error and corrected it on their website. No more concierge, no more themed pools, no more valet parking, no more room service. Obviously the workings of Scrooge McDuck.:sad1:

Now its back to the drawing board for my vacation plans. I was looking forward to renting one of those monster RVs since I wouldn't have to worry about parking it myself and I was going to treat my darling hubby to a night on the town without the kids since they had babysitting available. We could have even slept in late the next morning after our night on the town because I was going to have the kids order room service to feed themselves.:rotfl:

Sorry to inform everyone, but Disney has discovered the error and corrected it on their website. No more concierge, no more themed pools, no more valet parking, no more room service. Obviously the workings of Scrooge McDuck.:sad1:

What the?!?!?!...Dang looks like back to backing class 101 for me...:scared1:

• World Class Dining
• 24 hour room service
• Valet Parking
• Babysitting

Seriously...you guys don't have this? "World Class Dining"...my husband grills a mean flank steak. "24 hour room service"...our refrigerator in our camper is available 24 hours. "Valet Parking"...my DH does an awesome job backing our camper in. "Babysitting"...24/7...all done by me! "Concierge"...my cell phone works great. See...it's all in how you look at things!:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter